Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
intense exercise is my newly preferred method to cope with anything being hard or to turn my brain off so it can process it etc. and i feel euphoric afterwards its badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Never felt better, now instead of getting tired every time I go out I take walks for leisure and can carry heavy poo poo without breaking my back.

i helped my brother carry around a 200 pound grill the other day and all the weightlifting i've been doing basically made it free

Ohtori Akio posted:

intense exercise is my newly preferred method to cope with anything being hard or to turn my brain off so it can process it etc. and i feel euphoric afterwards its badass

it's truly the best coping mechanism

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Epicercise

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

verbal enema posted:

Debit card acquired bank account set back up

No more walking around with tons of money in my pockets with no way to track how much I've spent

No more waking up to only having 20 bucks and saying "gently caress it" and buying cheap vodka

Little steps

Good poo poo

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The one thing I miss about living out in the middle of nowhere was being able to just head outside with a full water bottle and my phone and just take a walk along the road for hours without seeing a single person (outside of the occasional passing car). Living in the city and actually being able to walk to a store in only a couple minutes is great, but it just doesn't feel the same and I go on walks a lot less because of it

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Keep walking until you find something new

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Ohtori Akio posted:

as long as you're not injuring yourself from going too far it's truly the best poo poo. "oh i feel like rear end" time to pull myself off the sofa and go for a 1h15 weightlifting session + 1h on the treadmill so i have to be actively focused on something other than the torture that is life else i die and afterwards you're so tired that you don't have the energy to be sad
mental health ftw

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

marumaru posted:

as long as you're not injuring yourself from going too far it's truly the best poo poo. "oh i feel like rear end" time to pull myself off the sofa and go for a 1h15 weightlifting session + 1h on the treadmill so i have to be actively focused on something other than the torture that is life else i die and afterwards you're so tired that you don't have the energy to be sad
mental health ftw

unfortunately im currently nursing sore metatarsals from too much kendo lol. i gotta find something really low impact on my feet to even it out

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i get insanely jealous of the kids practicing becausr they can go all out 5x a week and not even care

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i bought armored core 6 earlier this week but have played under two hours of it because i got very frustrated by the control schemes. controller feels so much better than kb+m, but also i can not Go Up and also Look Around without mangling my hand which is a dealbreaker for me, i like looking and moving at the same time

kb+m meanwhile, has default controls where if i want to use my left/right shoulder rockets, while i am locking on i am physically incapable of moving left and/or right. i do not want to learn the muscle memory required to hold the e key and potentially rapidly press the d key at the same time.

i am hoping to play more when i have some more time because the game is otherwise dope as gently caress, and i sat down yesterday to work out kb+m controls that don't make certain important actions mutually exclusive due to the limitations of the human hand

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
armored core has a reputation for needing 3 hands but i think you might have a better time remapping your controller a little or putting in a few more hours and seeing if you can adapt

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

symbolic posted:

proud of u

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

marumaru posted:

fate re:ligma

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I crab hand so much in AC6 I should take a vid

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Ohtori Akio posted:

armored core has a reputation for needing 3 hands but i think you might have a better time remapping your controller a little or putting in a few more hours and seeing if you can adapt

sadly, there are only 4 shoulder buttons on the controller, and therefore only 4 buttons that can be held while also using the analog stick. between 4 weapons + Go Up there are more than 4 actions that potentially require holding a button, so i'm pretty stuck there. i mangled my hand beating demon's souls due to sprint on hold x and i really don't want to repeat that now that i'm not 19 and have much more substantial Wrist Concerns. no, i refuse to learn to not constantly refocus the camera on my latest object of attention.

i literally just played a test mission with my new kb+m rebind scheme and while the new muscle memory i need to learn is awkward, being able to do all the things i want to do at the same time felt shockingly liberating lol. i just need to find time where i'm both sober and don't have other obligations like the one i'm about to run off to

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

ninjewtsu posted:

sadly, there are only 4 shoulder buttons on the controller, and therefore only 4 buttons that can be held while also using the analog stick. between 4 weapons + Go Up there are more than 4 actions that potentially require holding a button, so i'm pretty stuck there. i mangled my hand beating demon's souls due to sprint on hold x and i really don't want to repeat that now that i'm not 19 and have much more substantial Wrist Concerns. no, i refuse to learn to not constantly refocus the camera on my latest object of attention.

i literally just played a test mission with my new kb+m rebind scheme and while the new muscle memory i need to learn is awkward, being able to do all the things i want to do at the same time felt shockingly liberating lol. i just need to find time where i'm both sober and don't have other obligations like the one i'm about to run off to

i havent needed to use the face buttons a ton but i abuse hardlock its probably much more challenging to consistently softlock and also jump a lot. best of luck

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Hard lock ftw for real

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
softlock is pretty necessary if you want to be good at pvp or whatever but i am content not being a Mech Gawd

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Ohtori Akio posted:

tbh having actually played all the games i dont know where this rep actually came from. the hard lock in ac6 pretty obviously exists because in complicating the control scheme they needed ways to make it easier for players to keep up, the ones infamous for having really weird control schemes are also ones with fully remappable controls that are easy to modify to be like regular dual analog setups just using the face buttons instead

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

The Colonel posted:

tbh having actually played all the games i dont know where this rep actually came from. the hard lock in ac6 pretty obviously exists because in complicating the control scheme they needed ways to make it easier for players to keep up, the ones infamous for having really weird control schemes are also ones with fully remappable controls that are easy to modify to be like regular dual analog setups just using the face buttons instead

i mean. if a game has a weird control scheme i generally assume its still optimal and try to adapt or just drop the game. i think the people talking about crabhands in the early stuff are like me in this regard

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
My hands are long and spindly so its p easy to crab

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I think the only time I've felt like I needed to contort my hands was old monster hunter and I got used to it quickly anyway. crab crew.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i have short little sausage fingers that are only good for swords and your girl. cannot and will not crab

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RFI5f0HB-8

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I once bit my psp because I was mad at monster hunter

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

did it help

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I beat Tigrex on my very next attempt so actually, yes!

Still a big bite mark in the corner of the screen even today

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
SO2 demo hard locked to three hours and might not let you craft :(

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Three hours? That sounds like a challenge

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Meowywitch posted:

Three hours? That sounds like a challenge

It also ends after the first/second big dungeon

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Meowywitch posted:

I once bit my psp because I was mad at monster hunter

same lmao

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

The first workouts are the hardest. I've become a sweat elemental.

I desperately need to get back to exercising and working out. I havnt done poo poo since the beginning of covid and now I kinda feel like garbage. Rediscovering that the hardest part of this process is getting your rear end there at the beginning.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Black Stones posted:

I sometimes click on an ANN review title when it gets clickbaitey enough to see what they’re going on about. I checked out an episode about one of the more recent episodes where Hori is playfully bitching at Miyamura about something. Miyamura is (comically) exasperated about the situation but the entire time he’s like “it’s good because I love her” and the ANN reviewer the entire time is going “Why does he put up with Hori’s rear end, she is acting like a complete rear end!”

Like, sorry she has some flaws?
remembering when love me for who i am got translated and ann's review of the first volume made a giant point about how the characters were misgendering a nonbinary character and forcing them to crossdress because they see them as a woman and the author is clearly a cis fetishist, and what happens in that scene is that the nb character gets asked if they want to wear a dress and they go 'sure'

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
nonbinary means you wear skinny jeans and have a tacky purple side shave

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ohtori Akio posted:

nonbinary means you wear skinny jeans and have a tacky purple side shave

gently caress im already halfway

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
weve entered the age of thembolic

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

We need to go back to Gundam 00 where being genderfluid meant you wore a pink cardigan everywhere and were a huge bitch.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ohtori Akio posted:

larry is win. and the gay rear end mods, admins, and webmaster? theyre fail

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i remapped assault boost to circle because i constantly killed myself by assault boosting when shifting into tight grip gamer mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

We need to go back to Gundam 00 where being genderfluid meant you wore a pink cardigan everywhere and were a huge bitch.

Most of this thread are halfway there. Not me tho