Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012

Mr. Grinch posted:

this makes sense for 2017
in the ancient times, the SA eve thread was nothing and the goonfleet forums were where the magic happened. IMO the GF forums died very rapidly after Sion Animename came to prominence, and the deathknell was around the time of the ~Imperium~ rebrand and the twitch stream bullshit

Lord have mercy is that what all that stuff is? I watched a couple videos on CRAB beacons after reading about them here. Now my suggested youtube videos are some guy named briscrubble or something and a guy named markserectus, no idea whats going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Sounds wild, more words please

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Elchimpster posted:

Lord have mercy is that what all that stuff is? I watched a couple videos on CRAB beacons after reading about them here. Now my suggested youtube videos are some guy named briscrubble or something and a guy named markserectus, no idea whats going on

Brisc is EVE's most perpetually smug yet thin-skinned mouth piece, and believes Mittani did nothing wrong. Mark is the replacement for Mittani on The Meta Show

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012
Are they worth watching? Is it gameplay or more spacepolitics?

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
It's nothing but wall to wall anti-delta animus on that show

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
iirc brisc is a real world low level republican politican so you can imagine what listening to him talk for hours is like

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Elchimpster posted:

Are they worth watching? Is it gameplay or more spacepolitics?

avoid at all costs unless you want to take sanity damage

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Brisc is someone who in a just world would be behind bars or in criminal rehabilitation for the rest of his life

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Brisc patented the recipe for something called "malort 2"

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Kazinsal posted:

iirc brisc is a real world low level republican politican so you can imagine what listening to him talk for hours is like

I heard that he met Ben Shapiro once and came away thinking ben was a brilliant young man.

I have never made any attempt to verify this gossip but it's Brisc so who cares

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Kazinsal posted:

he's a maritime union lobbyist iirc, which is weird because while it's good he's a union man, he also gets really loving mad if you even slightly question him on anything

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Dalmuti posted:

Brisc patented the recipe for something called "malort 2"

Almost as bad as being eve important

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

"Malort 2, now with hákarl"

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
feeling extra ill in my brain today going to log into eve online

here have some OC

in rust i trust

i joined SA to be part of the reckoning last july with the rest of delta, i've started poking around other forums on here and there's some neat things i've bookmarked

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
A friend of mine bought me an account because another forum we were on was going downhill and he had been a goon for a few years at that point.

It's been a wild ride.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

I also joined for the great fuckening in july and the eve thread, i still mostly post in the eve thread and lurk elsewhere.

I am peak j4g.

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012
Please pardon the ignorance but what happened in july?
Sounds interesting

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Curious, your name is Julius, but you were murdered in March. A bit of a contradiction, no?

Edit: I refuse to apologize for only half reading the comments

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Elchimpster posted:

Sounds interesting

delta took several heads

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Elchimpster posted:

Sounds interesting

In the voice of Willem Dafoe, “There was a fire fiiiiight!”

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Elchimpster posted:

Sounds interesting

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4006027

Mittani came at delta and delta bit his head off, though it died in the process :rip:

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

TasogareNoKagi posted:

Mittani came at delta and delta bit his head off, though it died in the process :rip:

Delta is still very much alive; most of us have moved on to other games. We tend to roam from game to game in small groups for a few weeks, or sometimes (in the case of BG3) playing solo simultaneously on comms. Current fascinations are BG3, Starfield, Armored Core, and Ascension.

There’s really not much detectable interest in returning. The fact that many Deltas are still blacklisted in the Imperium for “causing drama” despite all the horrific, real life poo poo we uncovered that went on (and let’s be honest probably still goes on) around this game says a lot about what’s really valued here. It’s not fun to sink the time and energy into a game like what EVE requires only to find out your leadership is doing some truly heinous poo poo. THEN getting castigated by karmafleet chuds for having spicy takes like “you’re ignoring multiple sexual harassment claims” and “EVE is not more important than real life”. The other null blocs aren’t any different either.

Some poo poo you just don’t metagame over. There’s way too many fuckers who will yeet EVE politics into scenarios that anyone with common sense should agree are off limits. If you can’t trust that the people you’re playing a game with are following the same rules as you, it’s not a game.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
no but you see, all they have to do is have a personal conversation with asher LOL apparently its merk now to get unblacklisted.

its really the best olive branch ever

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012

TasogareNoKagi posted:

Wow now thats a fustercluck if Ive ever seen one.
Im on page 110? I gotta take a break for now and go outside I think

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Elchimpster posted:

I gotta take a break for now and go outside I think

New thread title imo

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
If you're tired of giant nullbloc problems an excellent solution is to not play in a giant nullbloc. The thread often makes it sound like that's the only way to play. If you put thousands of people together there's always gonna be some level of poo poo involved, and as long as it's not too heinous you just kinda gotta ignore it or be permanently annoyed. It's a giant organization with all the giant organization problems companies etc. have but in a video game and you can just choose not to deal with that in your video game.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Elukka posted:

If you're tired of giant nullbloc problems an excellent solution is to not play in a giant nullbloc. The thread often makes it sound like that's the only way to play. If you put thousands of people together there's always gonna be some level of poo poo involved, and as long as it's not too heinous you just kinda gotta ignore it or be permanently annoyed. It's a giant organization with all the giant organization problems companies etc. have but in a video game and you can just choose not to deal with that in your video game.

Oh like in Goosefleet? The tiny wormhole corp that chuds can't loving leave alone because chuds gonna chud? :allears:

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Sure, or any of a large number of groups that aren't huge blocs or horrible people.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Elukka posted:

Sure, or any of a large number of groups that aren't huge blocs or horrible people.

Lmao when you find one you let me know.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I've got my own where we invite people on the basis of whether they'd seem enjoyable to spend time with. You can make one if you've got some friends to play with, but, yeah, public groups are hit and miss due to their public nature. I don't think every group but geese is chuds though.

vvv
It's working out fine! I recognize though that finding people to play with is pretty much down to luck. I've had times when I wanted to play Eve but nobody I know did.

Elukka fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 17, 2023

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

You're asking me to believe in sentient meat.

Elukka posted:

lol. uhhh let us know how that works out i guess.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Its not the fault of the orgs that allow shitters, its the fault of you, you need to get better at not finding orgs with shitters.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Sickening posted:

Its not the fault of the orgs that allow shitters, its the fault of you, you need to get better at not finding orgs with shitters.
No it's the fault of organizations that allow shitters. I'm just saying ones that don't exist and aren't some kind of unheard of rarity.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Elukka posted:

No it's the fault of organizations that allow shitters. I'm just saying ones that don't exist and aren't some kind of unheard of rarity.

Can you give me an example?

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Do you really need specific proof that everyone in Eve isn't a bigot or tolerant of them? People aren't universally horrible. Public groups that don't police this will eventually get bigots. If I was looking for one, I'd see if they have any stated rules on this, and if not, ask around. But the answer for me is to play with people I know. I don't have a bigot problem in my group because I don't invite bigots in and if one snuck in somehow they'd get the boot. I really don't believe I'm unique in this.

e: Actually, by coincidence, I ran into this recruitment post from Immortalis which says straight up:

quote:

We pride ourselves on being a friendly and inclusive group despite our -10 status and so will not tolerate prejudice or racism and expect our members to adhere to this and most importantly always keep their word.

I don't know what this group is like from the inside since I haven't been there - but if I was about to join one, I'd look for something like this.

Elukka fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Sep 17, 2023

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

If they aren't rare shouldn't it be easy? Like do you have an example you have actual experience in?

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Like I said, I play with people I know. I named my own group, as well as a public group with a stated policy. I don't have hands on experience with the latter because I play games with people I actually like.

You're the one making an exceptional claim here. What you're asking me to prove is kind of the obvious truth? Are you claiming decent people who don't tolerate bigotry, or for that matter minorities who are discriminated against essentially don't actually exist in Eve, or are all somehow in your group? Because that's what it would take for it to be true for decent groups to be vanishingly rare.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Elukka posted:

Like I said, I play with people I know. I named my own group, as well as a public group with a stated policy. I don't have hands on experience with the latter because I play games with people I actually like.

You're the one making an exceptional claim here. What you're asking me to prove is kind of the obvious truth? Are you claiming decent people who don't tolerate bigotry, or for that matter minorities who are discriminated against essentially don't actually exist in Eve, or are all somehow in your group? Because that's what it would take for it to be true for decent groups to be vanishingly rare.

i think the misunderstanding is that people thought you were talking about existing orgs that didn't have shitters rather than "find people you like and play with them"

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Maybe. But I think it's probably easier to find good smaller groups than it is large nullblocs just because they don't face all the social problems of a large corporation and my original point is that the vibe I often get from Eve goons is that large nullblocs are the only way to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Does PRISM not exist anymore or something?