Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I appreciate Mithrun being drawn eating in the elf panels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

panko posted:

that full-page of lion-clad laios… I almost teared up. alltimer manga.

He's not lion-clad, he's wearing his own monster skin. That's why it also has a wolf head and feathers mixed in.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

7c Nickel posted:

He's not lion-clad, he's wearing his own monster skin. That's why it also has a wolf head and feathers mixed in.

And the mouth covers (or is eating) the lion symbol.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

to honor the memory of his sister Laios names the new continent Faerun

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

you are right. that boy ate

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
imo this manga is good

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Farg posted:

imo this manga is good
controversial

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Almost a ten year run, I really didn't realize how long it's been.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I remember when I thought this series as gonna be 5-6 volumes, so 13 is a welcome surprise.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Pureauthor posted:

can't help noticing Laios seems rather unenthusiastic about the meal

he's too busy worrying about how to keep Marcille around

especially after seeing that the Winged Lion messed with her mind. why did he do that, and what else might he have taken?we've only got one chapter left to find out what the demon's final curse was about, after all

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Amazing chapter, everything I could have hoped for and more.

My only remaining wish is that Falin actually gets ressurrected without big problems, even if because of curse stuff or whatever she can't stay close to Laios

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Korean raws are out, and it's The End.

Expect the English translation shortly!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I’m in agony waiting here

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

if I start a reread now maybe I’ll time it just perfect to finish when the series does

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

doublepost and I don’t see them post here much anymore but monstrous thanks to #EverydayHeroes, Apoptosis and HouseofGlass for such high-level scanlation work. The end-of-chapter glossaries for dungeon meshi (and for golden kamuy) are some of the best in the game. thanks for your efforts in making this series accessible and popular among english-speakers.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

panko posted:

doublepost and I don’t see them post here much anymore but monstrous thanks to #EverydayHeroes, Apoptosis and HouseofGlass for such high-level scanlation work. The end-of-chapter glossaries for dungeon meshi (and for golden kamuy) are some of the best in the game. thanks for your efforts in making this series accessible and popular among english-speakers.
I agree. Thanks for all of your hard work!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

panko posted:

Hard agree

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Also, if you want us to proofread the chapter, just this one time, feel free to post it ITT

I'm sure nobody would mind... :angel:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
It's over... :negative: https://mangadex.org/chapter/b071d173-4580-4c0b-94f5-8eefbf59efd1

lmao at Laios's curse

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Sep 16, 2023

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

"So that's what the curse was..." :allears:

10/10 manga, no notes

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
It's everything I could have ever wanted, and also left me wanting ever more, like a perfect meal.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Love Falin being into her feathers, she's such a freak (complimentary)

Also I'm really curious about the supplementary book the note at the end mentions. Wonder if its gonna be more stuff like the Adventurers Bible or if we're gonna get more stories in the setting

HouseofGlass
Apr 18, 2005
Quick! To the Bat-Fax!

panko posted:

You're welcome (to everyone else too)! I'm still around, I just like lurking more than posting. Doing big glossaries almost became a game to see if we could outdo each other each time and maybe make a psd file big enough to crash our computers. It's nice to be able to take it easy now though!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I wonderful ending to a wonderful series.

I'mma gonna go get something to eat.

HouseofGlass posted:

You're welcome (to everyone else too)! I'm still around, I just like lurking more than posting. Doing big glossaries almost became a game to see if we could outdo each other each time and maybe make a psd file big enough to crash our computers. It's nice to be able to take it easy now though!
Thanks for the meal!

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
The gang really earned their happy ending (and Laios earned that curse, the nasty little freak). Loved every single bite of this amazing manga and can't wait for the anime, or for the extra content, which better include a LOT of cute pics of the gang wearing casual modern fashion.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
There was never a moment where I wasn't invested in this series, or felt let down by any aspect. It means a lot to me, these characters mean a lot to me as well. There is so much affection I feel for this manga, and so much of that comes from Ryoko Kui's own outpouring of affection you can feel on every page for the details, the setting, the characters. She is amazing, this manga was amazing.

I keep crying off and on now that its over, but honestly not crying as much as I expected to, lol. Part of that is knowing there is still going to be more of this, with the anime and supplementals, but more than that is knowing that this is someone's work I will be following as long as possible because my god what a home run this series was.

Anyway here are less coherent thoughts

the way she looks at her 🥺

lol

lmao, thank god kabru stook around, probably the best advisor laois could hope for.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

The really nice thing?

We're less than six months away from the anime releasing, so withdrawal isn't quite as bad as it would be otherwise.

What a good manga. What a nice ending.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'll admit, i'm tempted to re-read it from the beginning right now. but i think i'll wait for the anime instead.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Ending stuck the landing.

I hope Ryoko Kui is able to play Baldur’s Gate 3 all day every day for at least a month

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

"So that's what the curse was..." :allears:

Its perfect.

This was a good manga imo

E:

HouseofGlass posted:

Dang, didn't know the translators posted here. Thanks for all your work!

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Ahh, Dungeon Meshi. Such a mysterious dish.

Thank you, Ryoko Kui.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
what a perfect ending

HouseofGlass posted:

thank you so much for the translation!

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
Oh! I didn't get it until a second read but the real curse that prevents Laios's from getting his greatest desire is being unable to studying monsters now that his presence repels them.

One of those good bitter sweat endings nothing is perfectly solved but all the major heartaches have been dealt with. Sad to see it end but glad it was allowed to reach a natural completion.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
It's a straight up happy ending IMHO. The "curse" (lol) is basically the only wrinkle, with everything else resolving in the best way it possibly could.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Very glad they avoided the downer ending they'd been telegraphing for so long.

thetoughestbean posted:

Ending stuck the landing.

I hope Ryoko Kui is able to play Baldur’s Gate 3 all day every day for at least a month

Why do you only want her to play a quarter of the game?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Love that Laois' curse would be a blessing for anybody else but it's Laois so he's actually bummed out.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I really hope we get more extras with Falin, she's such a goober like her older brother, and this chapter showed that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HouseofGlass posted:

ya did good.

dungeon meshi is either my top 1 or 2 series of all time. it's that or one piece. I guess I'll have to consider it again when one piece actually loving ends. but dungeon meshi is just such a special series, I've been following it for most if not all of its runtime, and it's been utterly flawless throughout. I'll really miss this series, and I look forward to the supplemental stuff, whatever that may be.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
My favorite part was the long-lived characters making fun of Marcille for getting philosophical.

That and Marcille following Falin around.

Perfect ending, 10/10, no notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
This series was incredible all the way through and the ending was perfect

Ryoko Kui is amazing and I appreciate all the care she put into this wonderful world

Now I have to stop myself from sobbing