Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
MOX VS BIG
STORM VS ROSE VS BAKER VS SHIDA
HANGMAN VS CAGE
DARBY AND NICK VS COOL AND DADDY
JOE VS ROD
View Results

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
RICKYYYYYYYY hit his pose during Claudio's swing :allears:

https://twitter.com/Raion74_/status/1703393285899763833?t=gqP40DgIp4tosyowNVn-dA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

It's pretty easy to imagine that Jade was a nobody with a great physique when she tried out for WWE the first time and the deal she was offered wasn't great, but now that she's a star she's able to negotiate with WWE and they won't treat her like a dumb idiot fucker and it might be a better deal than what AEW can offer her. It's fine. It's Jade Cargill, not Jamie Hayter.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

they won't treat her like a dumb idiot fucker

I feel like its too early to make this call

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

ricky starks kicks rear end

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I mostly enjoyed Jade’s time in AEW and hope she’s able to meet her professional goals wherever she ends up

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

fawning deference posted:

Jade looks like a superstar and can't wrestle. She's perfect for WWE

Yeah, incredible physical presence, consistently the worst match on every single card she ever appeared on. She'll do much better somewhere else

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I guess what I don't get is why Jade is even bothering with WWE considering how they treated her the first time and what they expect their roster to give up while they work there. She doesn't need the money and likely isn't a mark for the company itself so I don't understand what the appeal is for her.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

bigger platform and more mainstream attention

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
:patriot:

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1611582135248330754

e: not sure why not embedding

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hmm...this page doesn’t exist. Try searching for something else.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Alaois posted:

Hmm...this page doesn’t exist. Try searching for something else.

well it was this

the jade/skye poo poo that owned

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
croyt's wrath into jaded

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Man that's such a sick transition. Hope Jade comes back in a few years with more seasoning because she did some real cool poo poo as a rookie

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I'll miss Jade but not miss how frustrated I got that she had a Tour of the Islands and didn't use that as her main finisher because it loving owned.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i will not miss jade.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I will miss Jade a lot and I hate that she's not wrestling anymore. Oh well.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

everything i saw with her was either boring or fireworks factory stuff. she'll get there some day yadda yadda. maybe the hope of better days appeals to some, but i am old, and death is near

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Bryce is the best ref.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
also from skye's unrestricted, the croyt's into jaded was all skye's idea, she had to convince jade that she could pull it off

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

That DICK! posted:

everything i saw with her was either boring or fireworks factory stuff. she'll get there some day yadda yadda. maybe the hope of better days appeals to some, but i am old, and death is near

Jade's last AEW match with Stat proved that she was ready though... ready to go to WWE.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

It's an ROH title match, so Paul Turner will be the ref for the match, not Bryce.

Bryce is gonna come running down to the ring to count the final 1-2-3 for Eddie after Claudio accidentally on purpose knocks out Turner.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

RandolphCarter posted:

I don’t get it from aew’s perspective.

I am operating under the assumption that she just refused their contract offer and let her contract expire. If Tony didn't offer a new one or something then yes, agreed. She was never amazing in the ring, but had a lot of star power and appeal. AEW's going to be fine without her, but it still sucks to lose her.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Suplex Liberace posted:

my roommate has been blasting swerves theme on repeat while making bacon. Mogul Embassy taking over baby

doing the prince nana dance to flick off excess grease, making a huge loving mess everywhere

re: "feeder league" wrestlers would jump over all the time in the 90s bc there was another option and it was a good thing for wrestlers and for fans like

this just happens. in all industries that arent a monopoly even

shiksa fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Sep 18, 2023

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

CombineThresher posted:

I guess what I don't get is why Jade is even bothering with WWE considering how they treated her the first time and what they expect their roster to give up while they work there. She doesn't need the money and likely isn't a mark for the company itself so I don't understand what the appeal is for her.

They were unsure if she'd have the drive to work her rear end off and someone made an awkward joke. Nothing really to feel sour about now that they see her as a star and have much better connections to Hollywood etc. Also, someone said that she's already represented by Ari Emanuel's agency, but I don't know if that's true.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

shiksa posted:

doing the prince nana dance to flick off excess grease, making a huge loving mess everywhere

re: "feeder league" wrestlers would jump over all the time in the 90s bc there was another option and it was a good thing for wrestlers and for fans like

this just happens. in all industries that arent a monopoly even

TBH I don't really think it's gonna be that equal trading thing people keep expecting to happen. When that was happening the top two companies were roughly equal and now WWE's had decades to dominate the market. "WWE" has become the generic term for Pro Wrestling for a lotta people out there. It's gonna be really hard to sell WWE Guys on jumping to the company that gets 1/2 to 1/3rd the viewers unless they're the die hard "I'm in it cause i love WRESTLING" types or the types that don't think they have any future in WWE anymore and at this point AEW's already snagged the best examples of both that would ever entertain the notion of leaving.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

AEW doesn't need to worry about getting WWE wrestlers they need to continue to make sure they're the destination for those breaking through the indies or already made it in NJPW.

As the fan of a second tier English football team fan I've learned to just enjoy the present and accept that when the bigger teams come calling they can't (and shouldn't) compete on money terms. Got to make sure when a spot opens there's somebody ready and chomping at the bit to fill that spot.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Drakkel posted:

TBH I don't really think it's gonna be that equal trading thing people keep expecting to happen. When that was happening the top two companies were roughly equal and now WWE's had decades to dominate the market. "WWE" has become the generic term for Pro Wrestling for a lotta people out there. It's gonna be really hard to sell WWE Guys on jumping to the company that gets 1/2 to 1/3rd the viewers unless they're the die hard "I'm in it cause i love WRESTLING" types or the types that don't think they have any future in WWE anymore and at this point AEW's already snagged the best examples of both that would ever entertain the notion of leaving.

We're not going to see all the people jumping from WWE to AEW as evidenced by all the people who have jumped ship from WWE to AEW

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

We're not going to see all the people jumping from WWE to AEW as evidenced by all the people who have jumped ship from WWE to AEW

Tbf it’s been a while since the last big name

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
My friend who used to share clips of Jade 'botching' in our group chat is now suddenly a big fan of hers. This is just like when he used to poo poo on Cody throughout his AEW run (even pre- the boos) only to later mark out like a dweeb when Cody made his return to WWE.

Drones are so predictable lol.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
there's only one pillar and it was Jade and now that she's gone it's just a Feed Me More league of boo boo faces. its all hosed.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

there's only one pillar and it was Jade and now that she's gone it's just a Feed Me More league of boo boo faces. its all hosed.

oh we're doing irony posting now? how cute

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
what if it was as a feed emi more league?
https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1703453483955851562

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

you won't miss jade when mercedes takes her place

let tony cook

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

People kept saying Saraya was gonna be a huge megastar deal and lol so I’m gonna continue to temper my expectations about how big of an impact Mercedes is gonna make.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

CombineThresher posted:

Working Wrestlemania is still the dream goal for a ton of wrestlers, unless they have some specific long-standing bitterness about it. They grew up watching it, many got into the business because of it, and it's still the top of the industry. We're at least a generation away from that being no longer true.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I just want to see Mercedes in AEW because I think she's a very good wrestler and I like her :)

Germansimp posted:

Bryce is gonna come running down to the ring to count the final 1-2-3 for Eddie after Claudio accidentally on purpose knocks out Turner.

:cry:

For all my jokes about random members of the BDK debuting or Tim Donst in the BCC, this is all I truly want.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

History Comes Inside! posted:

People kept saying Saraya was gonna be a huge megastar deal and lol so I’m gonna continue to temper my expectations about how big of an impact Mercedes is gonna make.

She will wrestle good matches it will be boss

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'll miss Jade.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'll miss Jade.

She’s cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
A brief rundown of all the matches scheduled for this coming week:

Dynamite Grand Slam

Jon Moxley vs. Rey Fenix (AEW International Championship) Mox has picked up right where OC left off in maintaining the international title's reputation as the company's unofficial workrate championship. He's been champion for all of fifteen days and has defended the title three times in that span, proving that he's more than happy to take on all comers. Fenix, meanwhile, has been somewhat directionless since he and Penta lost the ROH tag titles. That all changed when, in their last singles match together, Mox injured Fenix and prevented him from being a part of All In. Rey's back and looking for revenge, but it seems unlikely that he'll get it on this occasion given that Mox's reign has just gotten started. Prediction: Mox wins cleanly.

Saraya vs. Toni Storm (AEW Women's World Championship) Saraya got the biggest win of her AEW career at Wembley, claiming the women's championship in front of her family and tens of thousands of adoring Britons. Toni, meanwhile, has grown distant from The Outcasts as she spirals ever deeper into her demented Hollywood starlet persona. While Toni has yet to officially part from the group, the tensions between her and the other members have become palpable since she became number one contender. Though a long reign for Saraya seems unlikely, with Ruby still in her corner it seems safe to assume that she'll at least be successful in her first defense. Prediction: Saraya wins with Ruby's assistance.

Claudio Castagnoli vs. Eddie Kingston (ROH World Championship and NJPW STRONG Championship Title vs. Title) A rivalry spanning back over fifteen years comes to a head on Eddie's home turf. The Pride of Yonkers faces an enormous task; in his second reign as Ring of Honor world champion (a reign that includes a successful defense against Kingston), Claudio has established himself as the final boss of ROH through staggering athleticism and sheer technical skill. Still, Kingston is gripped by a fierce determination that comes not only from his hatred of Claudio but from his desire to honor the NJPW STRONG championship, a belt that he's repeatedly claimed that he'd die in defense of. Backed by his fellow New Yorkers and more focused than ever, Eddie might just have what it takes to finally take down his greatest and most despised rival. Prediction: Eddie wins cleanly.

Chris Jericho vs. Sammy Guevara The Jericho Appreciation Society ended not with a bang but with a whimper. Of all its members, only Sammy has stuck with its titular founder after the group's collapse. Even so, there have been moments since then where his loyalty has come into question. Jericho proposed this match so that he and Guevara could clear the air and focus on dominating the tag division as Le Sex Gods. But will it be as simple as that, and will there really be no hard feelings after one man emerges victorious? Prediction: Guevara wins cleanly.

MJF vs. Samoa Joe (AEW World Championship) MJF's near-year long reign as the champ faces an enormous test in Samoa Joe, winner of the Grand Slam tournament and holder of the ROH TV Title for over 500 days. The finals of said tournament saw Joe emerge victorious by focusing on the supposedly injured neck of Roderick Strong, who (along with The Kingdom) has for months been trying to break up the friendship between MJF and Adam Cole. The champ is dealing with neck issues of his own, so much so that there's little doubt that Joe will try his damndest to trap MJF in the coquina clutch and choke him out. While Joe will be a formidable challenge for the champion even without Roderick and The Kingdom lurking in the background, MJF's emerged victorious over greater challenges and has Cole in his corner should things get hairy. Prediction: MJF wins after involvement from Strong, The Kingdom and Adam Cole.

Rampage Grand Slam

Christian Cage and Luchasaurus vs. Darby Allin and Sting Christian has kept Darby in his sights even after his failure to win the TNT title from Luchasaurus. In doing so, he's taunted Darby's longtime friend Nick Wayne and made him question whether Allin really has his best interests in mind. After all, it's seemingly never sat right with him that Darby forgave AR Fox for the bloody assault he and Swerve carried out on Wayne. Though Sting and Darby are an impressive 19-0 when tagging together, that streak might end when faced with the might of the so-called co-TNT champions and a potential backstab from the young phenom. Prediction: Cage and Luchasaurus win with Wayne's assistance.

The Acclaimed vs. Dark Order (AEW World Trios Championship) The Acclaimed have been riding high since winning the trios titles at Wembley, debuting custom belts and successfully defending them twice since. Dark Order, meanwhile, has taken on a more sinister edge that's helped them rack up victories in AEW and ROH over the past few months. Though they resent the good-natured goofiness of The Acclaimed and feel disrespected as a group, the bitterness behind their recent successes will likely not be enough to drive them to victory on this occasion. Prediction: The Acclaimed win cleanly.

The Mogul Embassy vs. The Hung Bucks (ROH Six-Man Tag Team Championship) This match came about as a consequence of the developing rivalry between Swerve and Hangman, the Bucks coming to save their Elite brethren after he was attacked by the Mogul Embassy. Though the current champs are on an impressive reign of over nine months and have looked dominant in their defenses, that dominance faces its biggest challenge yet in former champs The Hung Bucks. Though Hangman and the Bucks are more than capable of dethroning the Mogul Embassy, Swerve and Prince Nana will likely do everything in their power to ensure yet another successful defense for The Mogul Embassy. Prediction: The Mogul Embassy wins with Swerve and Nana's assistance.

Collision

FTR vs. The Workhorsemen (AEW World Tag Team Championship) The Workhorsemen are the latest duo to accept FTR's standing open challenge, and while the pair of Anthony Henry and JD Drake have enjoyed some success in AEW and ROH, they've yet to break through with a big win in either promotion. A successful defense for FTR, meanwhile, means taking on the challenge of Aussie Open at Wrestledream. Though there's a risk that they might look past The Workhorsemen in preparing for that match, it's still more than likely that FTR retains here and goes on to Wrestledream as the champs. Prediction: FTR wins cleanly.

Jay White vs. Andrade El Idolo Jay has enjoyed tremendous success lately as the leader of Bullet Club Gold, racking up singles and tag victories since bringing the newest version of Bullet Club to AEW. Andrade, meanwhile, has been a bit more adrift; though he was successful in winning his mask back from the House of Black, he's done very little in the seven weeks since then. Though there's reason to believe he might join back up with the revitalized La Faccion Ingobernable, as it stands he'll be going into this match entirely on his own. While both men are top-notch talents, Jay's Bullet Club backing will likely provide the edge needed for him to emerge victorious here. Prediction: Jay wins with BCG's assistance.

Ricky Starks vs. Bryan Danielson (Texas Death Match) Ricky's hatred for Danielson has only become more palpable after their classic strap match, a brutal and bloody battle that came to an end when he was choked out by The American Dragon. Furious over losing the match without ever tapping, Ricky (along with Big Bill) attacked Bryan when he offered an invitation to the Blackpool Combat Club, which led to a tag match against Danielson and Claudio that Starks and Bill won. Still feeling disrespected even after the victory, Ricky challenged Bryan to a Texas Death Match to prove his superiority once and for all. While Danielson is one of the greatest of all time, even he might not be able to overcome a hyper-focused Ricky Starks with Big Bill in his corner. Prediction: Ricky wins with Bill's assistance.

This is AEW's biggest week of television in a long time, there's so much great wrestling on the docket and I can't wait for it to get started. :)