Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

yeah, I read the fast pass chapters as they get unofficially translated and I never really post about it here in case most people are following the webtoon. today's chapter hasn't gotten translated yet but from the raws, it looks like it might move the plot forward in interesting ways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Big fan of Gustang's fit

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

Big fan of Gustang's fit

It's very intimidating.

I've been meaning to read the Webtoon chapters since giving that more views appears to be the main way to support SIU. Shame they're like 6 chapters behind. Can anyone comment if the translations have become less bad.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

shockingly good chapter. It was pretty much a given that Gustang's motivation was his daughter. I guess the FH all sealed their memories regarding what happened with V, Baam and Arlen Grace. The glimpse of the FHs' past together was interesting as well.

It's a shame that the translations are pretty mediocre all around, even by the group doing the fast pass chapters. TOG has shockingly in-depth lore and if it had a high quality translation it would be a lot more interesting to digest, even if SiU stumbles with the pacing at times.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Catching up now, a lot more old fashioned swords and blades during the "Marriage Tournament." By which I mean the whole thing going down in one snake filled night... probably

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
drat, Baam

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Oh hell he got muscle now.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
It's a little irritating that the two forces fighting have similar names: "Po Bidau" v. "Lo Po Bia". The P - B repetition is making it harder for me to remember which is which despite their obvious thematic differences (books v.animals). There are 8 other families.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013

Furious Lobster posted:

It's a little irritating that the two forces fighting have similar names: "Po Bidau" v. "Lo Po Bia". The P - B repetition is making it harder for me to remember which is which despite their obvious thematic differences (books v.animals). There are 8 other families.

Same here. I've been getting them confused from the beginning. I think it's that they both have "Po Bi" sequentially.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
lol

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It took me a very, very long time to notice that Endorsi has a horn, instead of that just being her forehead with hair parted. I think because it's just skin-colored and more like a pointy lump.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

Holy poo poo, I had not realized it until your post

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Someone posted that in here years ago and that's how I realized it was one single horn that's the same color as her skin

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Whitest Russian posted:

Same here. I've been getting them confused from the beginning. I think it's that they both have "Po Bi" sequentially.
Even the scanlators gave Dumas the wrong surname in the new chapter!

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

It took me a very, very long time to notice that Endorsi has a horn, instead of that just being her forehead with hair parted. I think because it's just skin-colored and more like a pointy lump.

WHAT

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's a charm point!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Double postin' for everyone's favorite character returning

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
So has she just fully leaned into the villain role now or is she still playing the victim? I haven't kept up with ToG in over 2 years, both to build a buffer of chapters to binge and also because I vehemently disagreed with the author's decision to go back to work early instead of taking his full time off to rest.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Gologle posted:

So has she just fully leaned into the villain role now or is she still playing the victim? I haven't kept up with ToG in over 2 years, both to build a buffer of chapters to binge and also because I vehemently disagreed with the author's decision to go back to work early instead of taking his full time off to rest.

She's the villain but still believes she's the victim just on a greater scale than we originally realized

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gologle posted:

i'm pretty sure he's got arthritis or something where he's only going to get worse despite time off. That said ToG chapters are generally insanely long compared to most modern webtoons so maybe he could just make them shorter and not work himself into the ground

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
Where are people reading the newest english chapter? I'm not seeing it on cosmicscans.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Looks like the last two were deleted and then re-uploaded.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Jose posted:

i'm pretty sure he's got arthritis or something where he's only going to get worse despite time off. That said ToG chapters are generally insanely long compared to most modern webtoons so maybe he could just make them shorter and not work himself into the ground

Yeah it's weird that SIU made Rak small so he would be easier to draw but continues making comics like 2-3 times longer than other webtoons every single week

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://togscans.com/manga/tower-of-god-chapter-589/

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Urg that site is unusable on a phone

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Oh cool, we finally get to meet Luslec

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Jose posted:

Urg that site is unusable on a phone

Ah sorry, it was the only place I found for the episode (I view on PC). T_T

Cosmic Scans is still not updated (latest shown is 586).

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Dante80 posted:

Ah sorry, it was the only place I found for the episode (I view on PC). T_T

Cosmic Scans is still not updated (latest shown is 586).

Something's hosed on cacheing or something for you, I see all the way to 589

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Shugojin posted:

Something's hosed on cacheing or something for you, I see all the way to 589

Nope, just checked FF, Chrome and Edge. 586 is the last for me. This is the link. https://cosmic-scans.com/tower-of-god-chapter-586/
Maybe a region lock (I'm in Greece)?

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
https://cosmicscans.com/ without the hyphen

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

oh :v:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Mystery solved

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
lol at Baam's solution to the book problem

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
So which family head has more death flags? I could reasonably see it going either way.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

Definitely Traumerei, I can't see Gustang being built up since so early in the series (Workshop Battle?) only for his arc to culminate here. He's also still attached to mysteries like his daughter, Enne Zahard.

It's nice that the plot is moving along at a certain speed now, but god I hate the way SIU writes battles or portrays his own powerscaling. It just feels like it undermines the narrative hardcore to hype up the Slayers as gods within the Tower and FUG, and then have high rankers introduced a few chapters ago like Dumas simultaneously clown on two of them plus the manwha's sensei-figure in Jinsung. Yama is practically a joke at this point.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Wasn't there that proclamation from Zahard ages ago about wiping out Gustang's whole family? Or two other groups, both of which are more integral to the plot? Gustang's on borrowed time.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
My understanding is a slayer is just someone who has a unique enough power that they could conceivably slay an immortal like zahard.

They may not be strong enough to weaken zahard into submission but they could land a finishing blow.

A couple de grace if you will.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Fug generally is a mess because there are apparently a bunch of elders who have control over things like Kel hellam who wanted to turn baam into a weapon rather than have him do things himself.despite that surely angering the leader of fug we're just now seeing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yama is weird because it feels like his introduction during the whole nest arc was intending to be one thing as a slayer and then that arc dragged on way longer than it needed to (and was kind of weak in general) and his whole character got reworked and now he's just some guy