Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm not wild about the hosoda one piece movie but heck, I'll cop to being a bit of a hosoda-hater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Meowywitch posted:

gender is complicated...

yes it's a very complicated subject but I was more speaking to sex and biological differences that we can compare which I think height is one of them

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
many times i wish i was shorter. being tall is good for kendo however so ive decided to accept it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im not super into summer wars or most of his more recent stuff but i like wolf children and girl who leapt through time

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Ohtori Akio posted:

please feel no obligation. however, if you'd like, a sense of challenge and adventure in writing about women's hairstyles is out there

not writing the essay is the path of cowardice and shame

it may not happen today however

it will strike when least expected

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

ninjewtsu posted:

not writing the essay is the path of cowardice and shame

it may not happen today however

it will strike when least expected

i look forward to it, when you are ready

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Ohtori Akio posted:

i read some one piece in shonen jump a long time ago. i remember santoryu and big freakign titties. so its got a warm place in my heart

one piece gold is probably the premier big freaking titties one piece movie if you crave more one piece movie content after baron omatsuri. tenuous miyazaki connections at best though

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i will do the Ohtori Akio Challenge except it will be about the mainline Yu-Gi-Oh series instead, OP.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i will do the Ohtori Akio Challenge except it will be about the mainline Yu-Gi-Oh series instead, OP.

goonspeed duelist

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Big Leg posted:

one piece gold is probably the premier big freaking titties one piece movie if you crave more one piece movie content after baron omatsuri. tenuous miyazaki connections at best though
theres karakuri castle where the animators were truly wilding the gently caress out

the google image results are 90% screencaps of scenes with nami or robin in them

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the first like 64 eps of yugioh 5ds are incredible

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
lmfao

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

yeah buddy!!!

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

one perfect shot

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Endorph posted:

the first like 64 eps of yugioh 5ds are incredible

i remember seeing a chart of episode ratings from i think niconico users and it went from like constant 4/5 ratings to like constant 1s in the last arc

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i remember seeing a chart of episode ratings from i think niconico users and it went from like constant 4/5 ratings to like constant 1s in the last arc
imagine a tag-relay tournament arc where the other two characters job constantly so the protagonist can save the day, over and over and over, with matches lasting like 5-6 episodes each

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

imagine a tag-relay tournament arc where the other two characters job constantly so the protagonist can save the day, over and over and over, with matches lasting like 5-6 episodes each

ah, every shounen anim

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
oh i'm dumb i'm thinking of arcv

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the only good match in the final arc of 5ds is the one where the good guys get to play heel by facing down a team that's even more the plucky underdogs who just managed to get to the quarter finals via dumb luck, and the whole idea is the protag wanting to take it easy on them by the moment he gives them an inch they take a mile and force him to take it seriously. its a decent beat for a tournament arc and makes you hope maybe they'll come up with some other ideas to freshen it up. they do not.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Endorph posted:

theres karakuri castle where the animators were truly wilding the gently caress out

the google image results are 90% screencaps of scenes with nami or robin in them

lol hype. shame on me for not watching the movies between omatsuri and strong world because i thought they were all abridged remakes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

lmao

arc-v is also very bad yes

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I've watched the first bunch of (filler) one piece movies and one of them was loving weird because I think luffy actually kills a guy in it???

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i liked the beginning of arcv because it does a thing where the young kid hype guy/comic relief character turns out to be a complete loving psycho, which i always like, except i can't think of other times that happened

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I think the final arc of 5ds would have sucked less if they just did another all team tag duels against the villain but swapped out crow with the Aki.

Also more eps of jack and his wife Carly going on dates.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
is there a yugioh show where its more chucky type death game and less magic the gathering like in the comcis

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

just watch wixoss instead

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ohtori Akio posted:

is there a yugioh show where its more chucky type death game and less magic the gathering like in the comcis

i think that's the Toei season

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think that's the Toei season

Correct

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah the toei season (often called season 0) adapts the early parts of the manga

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

thats not what the film is called

curious!

marumaru
May 20, 2013

(i agree

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I've heard they'll make a mess of your pots and pans

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i liked the beginning of arcv because it does a thing where the young kid hype guy/comic relief character turns out to be a complete loving psycho, which i always like, except i can't think of other times that happened

It’s time to watch re:main

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ohtori Akio posted:

i made the thread. lets all get in a big pillow fight about which miyazaki movies are best

want me to pin it? seems like a dope participation thread

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

symbolic posted:

want me to pin it? seems like a dope participation thread

two pinned threads is a lot especially when one has a vain title. but i deserve it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ohtori Akio posted:

two pinned threads is a lot especially when one has a vain title. but i deserve it

i will be renaming it if i do that bc wait halfway through typing this i realized i'm starting to sound like i take this IKship seriously gently caress

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

also lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

wtf happened in eps 19 and 92

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

symbolic posted:

i will be renaming it if i do that bc wait halfway through typing this i realized i'm starting to sound like i take this IKship seriously gently caress

please feel free to give it a serious title