Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Instead of doing any of the things I was supposed to do or said I'd do, immediately after work ended i:
1. Ate 2 tacos
2. Fell asleep

My only regret is that I bought 3 tacos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

eat the third now. it's fine. it's fine.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
heres my review. if youd like to see a very low rent early disney feeling pulpy adventure movie by takahata and miyazaki, i think the great adventure of horus, prince of the sun is a very good time and worth the 81 minute investment

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
anime thats older than the stylistic conventions of anime as we know it and is in close conversation with golden-age american animation: badass to witness imo

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

symbolic posted:

i pin your poo poo and give it a badass name and this is how you repay me...

twelve weeks of GBSmas

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i finished digimon tamers. it was sick but by far my favorite part of the series was the first half, where it just dealt with kind of lower-stakes consequences of a kid accidentally materializing a monster friend in the world.

it also is one of those series which just kind of nails kid-brain, if you get what i mean. like one of my favorite little jokes is Takato designing Guilmon's evolution and being like "wait, if he has spikes on his back, I won't be able to ride him..."

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Megamissen posted:

twelve weeks of GBSmas

but enough about SAW :thurman:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

symbolic posted:

but enough about SAW :thurman:

:bustem:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Work started back up in force this week and I'm already fed up with reporters, politicians and the giant crowd of anti-gay bigots swarming around my office.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Arc Hammer posted:

Work started back up in force this week and I'm already fed up with reporters, politicians and the giant crowd of anti-gay bigots swarming around my office.

destroy them all

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Arc Hammer posted:

riot

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

The counter protesters are thankfully keeping the fuckers in check. I finally got my lunch break so I'm on the food hunt.

Hell of a first week back.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Arc Hammer posted:

My office is also in a Cracker Barrel :hfive:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

its annoying when you try to turn off the computer but accidentally hit restart instead

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just pull the plug the second the screen goes black

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

What a Zegapain in the butt

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Sakurazuka posted:

Just pull the plug the second the screen goes black

my outlet my computer is hooked up to can be turned off with a switch so i do that sometimes, its still annoying though

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I have an interview tomorrow that I have not prepared enough for, but also the new mattress I ordered arrived well ahead of schedule today so moving all that poo poo around has me far too tired to get out of bed

Oh the bright side, my bed is definitely more comfy now

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

The budding wednesday night anime night has been cancelled on account of gently caress me but luckily the historic thursday night anime night is not forecast to be affected

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

I have an interview tomorrow that I have not prepared enough for, but also the new mattress I ordered arrived well ahead of schedule today so moving all that poo poo around has me far too tired to get out of bed

Oh the bright side, my bed is definitely more comfy now

new mattresses are loving EPIC especially if you (like me) were sleeping on an outright broken one

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You start ironing one shirt and then you get into the groove of ironing out grooves. Those collars aren't going to un-curl themselves.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
finished zegapain. what on earth are they going to make a second season about, the first one was already too long

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
my overall thoughts on zegapain itself are that it had a handful of neat ideas but i feel like rather than having a strong back half it uh. just kinda went from dreadfully dull to, watchable. it got mildly more entertaining but basically none of my complaints about it ever subsided and i never felt like it hit a truly interesting note tonally or thematically and most of it is spent belaboring pretty obvious poo poo. there are some ideas for characters i like but very few of them are utilized in ways that stick with me or are all that entertaining to watch. the mech cg is awful and makes action scenes a bit of a headache to look at. it's... fine but i can't say i share any love for it as far as weird 2000s mecha goes

also it had a mildly weird thing going on with how the setup for zegapains means they're only ever piloted by men and women only ever serve as support and i kinda hate when mecha does that stuff, and it's not really tied into the show's themes in any way so it's just an odd... thing. was kinda cool that lu shen was gay since he was the only character i really found myself liking much but even that was kinda just a side note

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Sep 21, 2023

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmb9qusW2yU&t=100s

While I liked the Yohane anime it was the weakest of Love Live's I'm down for Yohane Castlevania

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Umm actually superstar is the weakest of the love lives

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
yohane ftmfw

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

The budding wednesday night anime night has been cancelled on account of gently caress me but luckily the historic thursday night anime night is not forecast to be affected

It’s another Anime Sunday this weekend though

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
What did people think of the new Trigun?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I liked it but not as much as the original show. I felt it veered a bit too hard into the drama side and lost some of the humour and earnestness of old Vash. He spends most of the new show openly depressed without much to balance it out.

Also due to how the format of the show makes it a sorta prequel/reboot remix I wasn't too thrilled with Meryl's character arc. I love Meryl in the original show since her cynicism plays great against Milly's optimism. Meryl in Stampede isn't really bad but it felt like a story about getting her to that jaded cynical position that I originally liked about the character and I didn't find the journey all that interesting on her front.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Sep 21, 2023

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Didn't care for how it did any of the principal cast, yet I got misty for the bushy mustache bro they introduced

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i thought the writing for knives was a step up and the writing for vash was many steps down.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Has someone told Akio to watch the last unicorn yet? I've been in the hospital

marumaru
May 20, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmb9qusW2yU&t=100s

While I liked the Yohane anime it was the weakest of Love Live's I'm down for Yohane Castlevania

i had no idea that a parhelion was a thing

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/japantimes/status/1704745903108850013?t=OTYldj_hLccCur_kJfQsdw&s=19

Wait what

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

makes sense to cash in if your current success is entirely based on an octogenarian

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean, yeah, they said he has ideas for his next movie but I don't think he's gonna make it to that next movie

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, yeah, they said he has ideas for his next movie but I don't think he's gonna make it to that next movie

Is he still smoking?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rinkles posted:

What did people think of the new Trigun?

Came in expecting episodic comedy hijinks ina desert/post-apoc world

Was disappointed it was actually a grimdark SciFi

It was alright, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also there’s another season coming at some point though I’m not sure if we’ve gotten any update on that recently