Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

They're listening to ska, you can see it in the people on the right I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

VelociBacon posted:

They're listening to ska, you can see it in the people on the right I think.

Oh that’s good, because if the deck collapses you have plenty of people there to PICK IT UP PICK IT UP PICK IT UP

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
It looks like its 2ft off the ground. I'd be willing to help finish it off.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

DOUBLE BOUNCE ME
This guy knows what's up.

This is somehow even whiter than I imagined. Too bad they aren't line-dancing, but that deck would be gone already.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Pro-click by the way, the segment on the bridge is pretty great.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Platystemon posted:

“My neighbors built a deck for their wedding. Wife wanted to know why I wouldn't go dance on it.”

https://v.redd.it/2s0l45dxahnb1/DASH_1080.mp4

Years ago I went to a renegade bubble bath rave on the top floor of a barn. They were over capacity and the weight of the people combined with the wetness made the floor start to flex like this by the end of the night.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Nenonen posted:

Too bad there isn't sound. Then again it lets imagine what song they're dancing to.

Probably polka.

Isn't it obvious?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrL_LzX5wv4

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

From the OSHA thread:

Desert Bus posted:

This is the neighbor's wonky railings:

hosed up the siding real good also wtf with that wood:

This railing is just huge splinters galore, it bows up in the middle, and you can see one of the cracked uprights. There are a LOT of those:

There is a screw sticking out there and this is one of the better cutouts:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

One of these guys built that

https://i.imgur.com/hAjwBtC.mp4

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
https://i.imgur.com/A4y0KqX.mp4

Jows
May 8, 2002

Those are some well calibrated fingers

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

It's fake, you can see that when the measurement receiver goes up to get the length from the first guy, he already has his hands set to the right distance.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Maybe he's just... that good :ninja:

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Okay that door with the curved glass is amazing.

Random tumblr image time

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

You got yourself a graboid problem.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Bad Munki posted:

It's fake, you can see that when the measurement receiver goes up to get the length from the first guy, he already has his hands set to the right distance.

Actually the video's reversed.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Okay that door with the curved glass is amazing.

Random tumblr image time

My wife? She left me right before I remodeled the kitchen. I think she moved to Canada or something and just left all her stuff here.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

You got yourself a graboid problem.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

That's some tweaker poo poo

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Munki posted:

Alternatively: the board's already measured and marked, and the whole business of passing the length by hand is just for show.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Selachian posted:

Alternatively: the board's already measured and marked, and the whole business of passing the length by hand is just for show.

No, that doesn't make any sense. That'd mean they were just doing it for internet points. :confused:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/benkrsnak/status/1702712170360848610

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

It's easy to service if it's right there.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
My last place didn't have a shut off valve anywhere between the line coming into the house and the stove. Had to turn off the gas to the entire house to hook up the stove. Unfortunately, the gas pipe was just sticking up out of the ground and kinked, sprung a leak while doing this, and I had to get someone in to fix it (and add a shut off valve!) while airing out the house.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Go straight to the kitchens and bathrooms for this one: https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/26059168/3355-midland-rd-oak-bay-uplands

I’m fascinated, I can’t take my eyes off the inexplicable corners and flooring choices.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

kaom posted:

Go straight to the kitchens and bathrooms for this one: https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/26059168/3355-midland-rd-oak-bay-uplands

I’m fascinated, I can’t take my eyes off the inexplicable corners and flooring choices.

Built in

I wonder what happened? Did someone build their dream home and immediately go bankrupt? Was the city building a community center that for some reason was hastily converted to a mansion?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Facebook Aunt posted:

Built in

I wonder what happened? Did someone build their dream home and immediately go bankrupt? Was the city building a community center that for some reason was hastily converted to a mansion?

There have been a couple of recent massive, high profile ponzi scemes in BC. One of the biggest ones was operating from Victoria (near Oak Bay) before the dude disappeared. I wonder....

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Built in

Some quick googling led to the planning documents, which labeled it as the Stanomir Residence.
That again led me to Reddit: What 3355 Midlands Avenue looked like before I sold it to create the abomination.

From a comment there:

cdanhaug posted:

I worked on a chunk of the data here, and a handful of the electrical. I find it pretty funny that everyone on here is saying the same stuff that we'd been saying for the months and months the project was going on for. -- Tasteless, trashy abomination.
The owner is new money, allegedly acquiring his wealth through a successful patent of a key tool/piece of equipment used commonly in the oil fields. The initial general contractor milked the hell out of the job, and was eventually fired, but the shear amount of tacky, decadent, useless details thrown into this place saw the costs balloon.
I'm not sure whether the barren hellscape of a yard was intentional, or if they just ran out of money. I know for certain that the house was meant to be lived in by the owner, and I've heard estimates of the final build cost to be closer to the 12 mil mark.
Further discussion agrees with the "ran out of money" idea.

e: This patent, I believe.

Computer viking fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Sep 16, 2023

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

kaom posted:

"Kitchens" plural, and it does look like it should be a public building...

loving bathroom bigger than my living room.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

So few big homes actually look nice

raggedphoto
May 10, 2008

I'd like to shoot you
I've worked on custom homes all over Aspen, Vail and Telluride and most of them all looked the same despite the 3-10 million dollar price tag and most of them were at least half the size of that "house." Crazy that new money people think that a bathroom the size of a living room is what defines "wealth and luxury" when everyone knows its a heated driveway and really stupid expensive art.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Darchangel posted:

loving bathroom bigger than my living room.

On the plus side they look pretty well stocked up with salt pork.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
God, that wormy carpet everywhere is horrible. It looks like the developer reused the plans from a lawyers office.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Darchangel posted:

It looks like there's a receptionist desk just inside the front door. Everything looks so impersonal.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

That looks like a pretty sweet conference center

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
I like how all the lighting features are the chrome beans on strings

raggedphoto
May 10, 2008

I'd like to shoot you
Even the can lighting is terrible, looks like a airport runway!

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Ever felt like you want to live in an abandoned mall? Boy do I have the house for you!

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
All those weird angles, trippy floor, and reflective art pieces makes me think that would be an awesome house to drop acid in.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Canuckistan posted:

All those weird angles, trippy floor, and reflective art pieces makes me think that would be an awesome house to drop acid in on.

Fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Canuckistan posted:

All those weird angles, trippy floor, and reflective art pieces makes me think that would be an awesome house to drop acid in an armed fuel air explosive device on.

Superfixed