Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Thank you. I had a feeling it was one of the female Forsaken, but for some reason I kept thinking Lanfear. Probably because I've got Lanfear on the brain with the show right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Aginor/Osan'gar/Dashiva also has a brief little moment of thinking it during the cleansing of saidin when he reflects on being afraid of Moridin and how Moridin was mad with power even before they were sealed away, but how he seemed to have thought he was the DO since getting free.

I am just finishing Winter's Heart again in a re-listen, and golly do I love how Osan'gar gets absolutely merc'd by a Black sister while thinking he's the sneakiest little evil hero, and the sister is like "well it's just Dashiva I'm sure the Great Lord will give me a pass to keep Rand around to die during the Last Battle."

Great stuff.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
I also love the implied shade of "...I guess he thinks he's being sneaky?"

Because why would an ancient geneticist be any good at woodcraft?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Yeah it's all deeply disrespectful to him in his final moments.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

DarkHorse posted:

I also love the implied shade of "...I guess he thinks he's being sneaky?"

Because why would an ancient geneticist be any good at woodcraft?

The exact words are hilarious.

"began to skulk from tree to tree in what he imagined was a stealthy manner"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Picturing Tim Allen diving and somersaulting around from rock to rock in Galaxy Quest

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Rarity posted:

If you think about it Rand's prophesised to face the Dark One at the Last Battle so he literally can't lose before then, it's fine

Found Elayne posting in the TV thread.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Devorum posted:

Found Elayne posting in the TV thread.

:ssh:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
https://twitter.com/sarahenakamura/status/1704906744647090611

https://twitter.com/owendanoff/status/1704887487058096268

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

After Ahsoka, this is shaping up to be a very good week for episode 6's.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Goddammit its gonna be hopper isn't it

I don't know if I can watch

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Goddammit its gonna be hopper isn't it

I don't know if I can watch

I was thinking mostly about Egwene's terrible no-good very bad month, but it could also be Hopper.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Why not both?!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Well the episode's name is "Eyes Without PIty" so yea this is probably gonna really suck and i'm excited to watch it.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Pretty sure it’s gonna be the Egwene trauma :ohdear:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Isn't that the name of the ravens chase from EOTW? It's gonna be rough ya

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

pik_d posted:

I was thinking mostly about Egwene's terrible no-good very bad month, but it could also be Hopper.

Yeah I think that's gonna be the double whammy. We're gonna think "oh, this is as awful as it could possibly get" watching Egwene get tortured then BAM

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I've only got so much tolerance for misery in my entertainment these days so I'm a little worried I'll be skipping through a lot of tonight's episode

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

pik_d posted:

Oh drat, you're right. I forgot where we were for a moment. poo poo.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

CainsDescendant posted:

I've only got so much tolerance for misery in my entertainment these days so I'm a little worried I'll be skipping through a lot of tonight's episode

This is honestly why I think it's gonna be both. Double team the gut punches.

Then the last 2 episodes bring it all together for triumph at falme.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

CainFortea posted:

This is honestly why I think it's gonna be both. Double team the gut punches.

Then the last 2 episodes bring it all together for triumph at falme.

Prepare to suffer :unsmigghh:

https://twitter.com/wheeltakespod/status/1702513172689854502

Edit: Here's the full breakdown for anyone curious

Ali from Wheel Takes posted:

Happy to. I’ll also be doing a breakdown of this in our episode one breakdown for season 2, which will hopefully come out soon. So season 2 is going to be the obstacles and point of no return season. We’re going to meet new and bigger baddies and discover that we really can’t go back to the way things were.

In terms of the episode structure, episode one is the inciting incident, so the why we’re here of it all (for example, Joel meets Ellie in The Last of Us and agrees to bring her to the Fireflies.)

Episode Two is obstacles and point of no return, which I explained above.

Episode three is a story turn, we’ve learned new information that raises the stakes or even bigger problems get introduced that propel us toward the Midpoint.

Episode Four is the Midpoint, which is the mini climax that happens in the middle of the season that usually features a tentpole moment (so a big moment that will probably cost a lot of money lol) and will propel us to the rest of the season. Like a Raging Sun was our midpoint last episode as an example, so it’s a big story moment.

Fifth episode is story turn and Bad Guys Close In, so after the midpoint, new problems get introduced and the bad guys regroup from whatever happened in the midpoint.

Episode Six is All Is Lost, so whatever happened in the wake of that last story turn brings our protagonists the farthest from our goal.

Episode Seven is the Climax.

Episode Eight is Resolution and hook for the next episode.

pik_d fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 21, 2023

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Hell yeah 15 minutes

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Welp, we're here. Renna weird as gently caress.

Rand makes me feel like I gotta hit the gym. God what man.

Edit: Uh gently caress

Fauxshiz fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Sep 22, 2023

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
very effective when Eggy reaches with hostile intent. the expression, hands, retching and scuttling

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
This Egwene poo poo is real hard to watch but every scene with Lanfear owns.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Renna is freaking me out. Lanfear continues to be amazing

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Fauxshiz posted:

Rand makes me feel like I gotta hit the gym. God what man.

Edit: Uh gently caress

It made more sense in the books where he was constantly on the road and constantly practicing sword stuff. Its borderline weird in the show. How and why is he absolutely ripped. He's been working as a nurse for months and dating Lanfear and it doesn't seem like he's that big into sword play. I know the answer is he's a male lead actor who knows he's going to have to take his shirt off and that's what it is. All the same though its like always sunny when Mac decided to get ripped

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
idk he was a farmboy before this yeah? lots of manual labor

i legitimately have no idea if I should trust this Ryma and Basan

someone's gotta learn them how to ward dreams

also conversations

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I hate what they're doing with Lan

e: Ishy dear

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Yeah the Lan stuff is bad. However every time Lanfear is on screen it’s the most hype poo poo.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

just skipping through the torture to see the next scene where lanfear smiles sinisterly

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

eke out posted:

just skipping through the torture to see the next scene where lanfear smiles sinisterly

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

well if they ever make it to the box this has convinced me it will be just as long and annoying as the torture poo poo in the books was

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Yeah but Rand killing some warders bare handed will be great.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

This Rand isn't taking 20 levels in fighter as a hobby so far. It doesn't seem like he's going to win physical fights.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

episode was eh

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
I think they're doing the Egwene and Seanchan stuff justice but yep, not gonna rewatch that one.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Well that was pretty drat much note perfect imo

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Never mind, they don't need to kill hopper in this episode for the double gut punch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Great ep imo