Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

so THIS is Killing Bites

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Watching Kimi ni Todoke.

I like this one a lot, shouldn't have slept on it for...a god over a decade

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Dammit, I checked the schedule for the Ottawa International Animation Festival and they're playing Inu-Oh at 3pm in the afternoon on a Friday. What the hell who is gonna get to watch if if you're only showing it during work hours?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Those who are dedicated.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Make sure you're sleeping on a proper pillow, Maybe add two if you keep waking up with very painful and obnoxious stiff necks like I do

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

one soft pillow for head
one body pillow for arms

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Watching Kimi ni Todoke.

I like this one a lot, shouldn't have slept on it for...a god over a decade

And it's getting a 3rd season sometime next year.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ccubed posted:

And it's getting a 3rd season sometime next year.

Think that will cover to the end of the manga or should I just go ahead and try to find that somewhere?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

GateOfD posted:

one soft pillow for head
one body pillow for arms

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:psyduck:

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
does discussion of japanese live action cinema belong in this forum at all

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Ohtori Akio posted:

there’s probably multiple tokusatsu threads so…

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Ohtori Akio posted:

i am j-drama curious but not really sure where to start

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ohtori Akio posted:

CineD wouldnt appreciate taste that good so go for it

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
ok well hana-bi for the bbv movie club was great as was that heisei gamera flick. tonight i just watched gohatto a movie about the shinsengumi having gay sex. in conclusion anything by or with beat takeshi? is really good. and im gonna watch more stuff by oshima i think

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ohtori Akio posted:

ok well hana-bi for the bbv movie club was great as was that heisei gamera flick. tonight i just watched gohatto a movie about the shinsengumi having gay sex. in conclusion anything by or with beat takeshi? is really good. and im gonna watch more stuff by oshima i think

yeah that Gamera movie was my first JP Kaiju movie and it kicked rear end, really need to watch more of em. i skipped out on Hana-Bi, but Pale Flower before it was a nice slow burn type of flick

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
shinsengumi facts: kondo isami in a letter wrote that those fellas could not stop having gay love affairs. and i think thats beautiful. and thats your bakumatsu history update

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
hana-bi is just ok at the start but it ramps up. its really good

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i should watch more kaiju stuff ive seen that gamera, the first godzilla, and shin godzilla. which isnt a bad starting point but it could definitely keep going

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ohtori Akio posted:

i should watch more kaiju stuff ive seen that gamera, the first godzilla, and shin godzilla. which isnt a bad starting point but it could definitely keep going

better than my rear end starting out with the 2014 Godzilla cuz i was a stupid high schooler who thought it was friggin epic

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

symbolic posted:

better than my rear end starting out with the 2014 Godzilla cuz i was a stupid high schooler who thought it was friggin epic

it was and you've lost your way for thinking otherwise

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i just watched Getting Any? the other night and it was funny thats my contribution to beat takeshi chat

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ohtori Akio posted:

i do not trust any movies i saw in theaters while in high school

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

symbolic posted:

i do not trust any movies i saw in theaters while in high school

youve lost trust in yourself to enjoy them for what they are

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Ohtori Akio posted:

when godzilla lasered muto through the mouth it was dope as gently caress

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ohtori Akio posted:

youve lost trust in yourself to enjoy them for what they are

on the other hand i'm not sure i could stand to rewatch Scary Movie 5 or The Nut Job

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Southern Cassowary posted:

when godzilla lasered muto through the mouth it was dope as gently caress

thats right

symbolic posted:

on the other hand i'm not sure i could stand to rewatch Scary Movie 5 or The Nut Job

you've grown weak

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Godzilla is cool

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ohtori Akio posted:

thats right

you've grown weak

i'd rather be weak than subject myself to fuckin Scary Movie 5 again

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Godzilla 2014 was the best the Monsterverse ever was

Like, honestly it's probably at the very least a top 10 Big G

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i had to google the nut job to remember what it is and i'm now wondering what compelled you to see it

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i guess its factual that when youre in high school theres more than one factor pushing you towards the movie theater. in fact high cinemas not really top of the list

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Southern Cassowary posted:

i had to google the nut job to remember what it is and i'm now wondering what compelled you to see it

my friends and i thought the name was funny enough to warrant getting and keeping the ticket stubs afterwards

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

symbolic posted:

my friends and i thought the name was funny enough to warrant getting and keeping the ticket stubs afterwards

checks out

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Godzilla 2014 sucked absolute rear end until the very end when they finally let you see Godzilla wreck poo poo from start to finish

You're having to follow around generic rear end military man who loves his family #45 for the majority of the runtime. It was not entertaining. Yeah later movies had similar issues but they also showed you more godzilla.

I was excited to see that movie and it was a letdown. Please stop putting cookie cutter generic man in movie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And yet, as I watched Godzilla vs Kong, a movie devoid of any substance whatsoever, and the human characters were piloting a goddamn spaceship around King Kong like it was a theme park ride, I found myself yearning for the down to earth story of military man

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

GvK is a movie that needed to be either a half hour shorter or a half hour longer

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
King of the Monsters has both the worst humans in the Monsterverse and the best Monsters and arguably the best Ghidorah ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm craving some natto