Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

...didn't Hatsumi get hit by the Dragon Shot, keep fighting, and then get hit by another Dragon Shot?

He got hit but the best he could do was cling to Agito, bleeding from his face, and while Agito allowed him to regain his composure he used the fangs hips to try and do something before eating the 2nd dragon shot.

The difference for me though, is that Sen didn't eat an unguarded knee to the face after he got Dragon Shotted. I think the head trauma in the most recent fight is my biggest complaint because both Agito and Jurota shrug off blows that would have ended a fight in Asura.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Hypocrisy posted:

...didn't Hatsumi get hit by the Dragon Shot, keep fighting, and then get hit by another Dragon Shot?

Yes. He apparently managed to subconsciously divert some of the force from blow, but he was still hosed up and left clutching at Kanoh while coughing up blood.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
No idea how Hatsumi tanked two dragon shots even if he did divert some of the damage. Just look at the difference in size and frame: Hatsumi is 5'10 and 80 kg, and Agito is 6'7 and 128 kg. Jurota is also 6'7 and even heavier than Agito at 134 kg, so it's slightly more plausible he could tank it. The man is beefy.

but this is the realm of magic hair & muscles so just roll with it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Brought To You By posted:

He got hit but the best he could do was cling to Agito, bleeding from his face, and while Agito allowed him to regain his composure he used the fangs hips to try and do something before eating the 2nd dragon shot.

The difference for me though, is that Sen didn't eat an unguarded knee to the face after he got Dragon Shotted. I think the head trauma in the most recent fight is my biggest complaint because both Agito and Jurota shrug off blows that would have ended a fight in Asura.

Jurota didn't take the flying knee though? That was where the agito hosed up

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Jose posted:

Jurota didn't take the flying knee though? That was where the agito hosed up

No, he took it. And that should have finished the job, but it didn't.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

he uhhh clenched his nose muscles real hard

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
He's got that dog in him

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I think it's a combination of Jurota being very beefy and tough and Agito, unlike the Sen fight where he took like no damage, being really hurt at that point.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

How does agito get into his fight suit

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
They weld it onto his body before each fight.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
it’s like an eva plug suit

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jose posted:

he secretes it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what, you've never seen g gundam?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Jose posted:

One of the latest volumes does have a bonus page where they show exactly that. Metsudo’s bodyguards basically zip him up in it head to toe, presumably they see his dick and balls

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Lucky...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Having just reread the jurota fight I think he fact he's taller/heavier than agito is why he was tanking stuff that torr through Sen as an explanation

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Babe Magnet posted:

he uhhh clenched his nose muscles real hard

Because the nose is made of cartilage, it can be trained to absorb any impact, like a spring

In this way, he prevented any damage from his head by using the cartilage in his nose to absorb the impact

This is basic anatomy...

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Jose posted:

Having just reread the jurota fight I think he fact he's taller/heavier than agito is why he was tanking stuff that torr through Sen as an explanation

Jurota also tanked a kick to the face followed by a flying knee to face, followed by a punch to face, when he fought Meguro. And Meguro is only slightly smaller than Jurota or Kanoh.

Dude's face can take a hit.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Super reflex mind games now? muscle memory games? I dunno it seems weird.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I've checked out for a while now, but was there any news of a physical release of Ashura at some point?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Shin Raian is to make his appearance by hitting the next arc boss with a shun goku satsu

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Chapter 230

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I think I like this extremely dumb fight.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

q: what the gently caress is going on in this fight

a:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
It's the prog rock of fighting, didn't you hear the resident Kure expert?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Lt. Lizard posted:

I think I like this extremely dumb fight.

This is a proper dumb kengan fight. Nothing arcane or super out there, two guys that we know about already and know the themes of their fighting style, and it works.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's pretty similar to what Gaolong did in his fight with Agito to force him into a boxing matchup.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
purposefully exposing my erogenous zones to trick my opponents into having gay sex with me

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I don't know who else cares but apparently the (legal)(digital) versions of Kengan have finally been made available off of Comikey, at least on the Kindle store

Imma buy that poo poo

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tell me if they have all the 4komas cause the Korean version is missing a ton.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/Dp6J9o/chapter-231/

ngl Kaneda deserved that win for the Just according to Keikaku

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Agreed, the resolution was pretty meh. It was basically just Hatsumi saying "no" to Kaneda's overwhelming advantage and the story going "ok, you win then."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Did that other manga ever get an update? It was Star something or other.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
against overwhelming odds, the hydrogen bomb is triumphant against the coughing baby.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Not the craziest fight, but it's always nice to see Hatsumi fighting again.

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!

RareAcumen posted:

Did that other manga ever get an update? It was Star something or other.

There have been updates but Comikey decided to make it so you have to pay to read every chapter after 1.5 with no free periods like Kengan so there probably won't be much discussion.

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014

ChazTurbo fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Oct 13, 2023

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Chapter 233.

Pretty much as expected. Ryuki with a mustache.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Lmao, one of my favorite minor character from Kengan Ashura appeared on the big spread at the end of the chapter. You go, girl! :allears:

Otherwise meh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
I kinda like we hired all these super elite groups to run security but the organization was poo poo so it's just causing problems and am frankly much more interested in that.