Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
One thing I don't see mentioned anywhere is that Gojo was also kind of fighting with one hand tied behind his back? His main objective was saving Megumi, not winning. He didn't just want to defeat Sukuna, he wanted to defeat him so barely he could still expel Sukuna's soul while leaving Megumi's intact and also not completely obliterate the body or whatever.

That's gotta be pretty tough for a guy who spent his entire career dropping nothing but +9999 spirit bombs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Speaking of which it's extremely funny that Toji still haunts the entire manga and just keeps popping back up, this time via Gojo's "yeah I can wail on Megumi fine because he reminds me of That Guy".

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
I was thinking exactly that. That Toji fit is cursed, nothing but bad things happen to the people who wear it.

I think Gege had made comments about how he regrets killing him off so quick and it really reflects in the story, his presence is felt everywhere.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Asuron posted:

I was thinking exactly that. That Toji fit is cursed, nothing but bad things happen to the people who wear it.

I think Gege had made comments about how he regrets killing him off so quick and it really reflects in the story, his presence is felt everywhere.

They need to trick Sukuna into putting on the Toji fit. It’s the only way.

Though if Kenjaku does take Gojo’s body he’s sealed his fate

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Sukuna must've been training with Blackbeard before the fight.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://x.com/JujutsuKaisen/status/1706044830936133946?s=20

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
lol

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Feels like a bad translation more than anything. TCBScan's translation honestly feels more accurate, considering that it would be logical when you're on a schedule of producing a chapter every week that it 'feels like' missing a chapter whenever you have a week off rather than 'seems like I forgot'.

Also a daily reminder that SJ's JJK translation is generally of poor quality.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Haha I love it.

He knew what the reader reaction would be and is totally playing into it.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
It's a really good joke

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I imagine when this fight gets animated it’ll be just as jarring and there will be more meltdowns.

I cannot remember the last time I’ve seen a character mourned like this.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I only read this series two weeks ago and it was pretty funny seeing the comment section just becoming "where's nobara" after a certain point.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I now think it would be funny if Gojo revived a second time before Nobara

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I imagine when this fight gets animated it’ll be just as jarring and there will be more meltdowns.

:kamina:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

EmmyOk posted:

I now think it would be funny if Gojo revived a second time before Nobara

Whole series has been her dreaming

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I think its fine to do this, chapter had a lot of good stuff, and I think its okay to also feel a bit disappointed in it given how the entire fight had been presented over the last few months. He showed us everything up until he didn't and oh well. Kinda feeling like the north/south comment hints at Gojo being able to come back in some fashion to help the gang out.

Sukuna is just a beast, it works, but its still kinda flat from an emotional payoff perspective to me.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

cgfreak posted:

One thing I don't see mentioned anywhere is that Gojo was also kind of fighting with one hand tied behind his back? His main objective was saving Megumi, not winning. He didn't just want to defeat Sukuna, he wanted to defeat him so barely he could still expel Sukuna's soul while leaving Megumi's intact and also not completely obliterate the body or whatever.

That's gotta be pretty tough for a guy who spent his entire career dropping nothing but +9999 spirit bombs.

Gojo explicitly seemed to have forgotten that goal. Also Sukuna can be killed and still come back.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Gojo would have won with a Geto backslap, nuff said

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Kinda feeling like the north/south comment hints at Gojo being able to come back in some fashion to help the gang out.

Akutami is generally not somebody who wastes lines, and a lot of what was said in that chapter highly suggests that this isn't the last we'll see of Gojo by a long shot.

EmmyOk posted:

Gojo would have won with a Geto backslap, nuff said

To his back, it would have been a narrow win.

To his backside, a decisive victory.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

LuiCypher posted:

Also a daily reminder that SJ's JJK translation is generally of poor quality.

The latest chapter was translated by one of the same fan translator that people use as a barometer for judging the quality of the official translation.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

LuiCypher posted:

Akutami is generally not somebody who wastes lines, and a lot of what was said in that chapter highly suggests that this isn't the last we'll see of Gojo by a long shot.

To his back, it would have been a narrow win.

To his backside, a decisive victory.

Lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don’t think it will happen but I’d love to somehow get Sukuna brought down like this. I think he’d probably more about being beaten as Gojo did though

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

EmmyOk posted:

I don’t think it will happen but I’d love to somehow get Sukuna brought down like this. I think he’d probably more about being beaten as Gojo did though

The imagery is still very sick and I'm looking forward to how the anime adapts it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
That does not seem in character for Sukuna. I imagine him as much of a graceful loser type.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
yeah sukuna's guided entirely by survival of the fittest, he's just lord high smuggerson because he's been "the fittest" for eons

though i think he'd be much less sanguine about losing in any way other than a contest of raw strength

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Oxxidation posted:

yeah sukuna's guided entirely by survival of the fittest, he's just lord high smuggerson because he's been "the fittest" for eons

though i think he'd be much less sanguine about losing in any way other than a contest of raw strength

He outright says to Yaorozu that she can do what she pleases to him if he loses, because as the victor she would have earned that.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Flair posted:

The story has hinted multiple times that Sukuna still has an ace up his sleeve which is why all of his combatants are going at him 1v1 Mortal Kombat style right now.

I hope that, after the current fight ends, suddenly Goro from Mortal Kombat shows up to battle Sukuna. No one comments on this being unusual - Goro was also a student at Jujutsu High.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah I don’t see it happening because I think he’s closer to Gojo in how he’d take a loss. I’d still like to see him panic as unlikely as it is. I at least want to see him get his poo poo wrecked by repeated punches to the face from Yuji

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
I think something important about gojo and sukunas thoughts in this chapter is they're feeling contentment in fighting an equal, and for all his big talk against opponents he knew stood no chance against him before I don't think that Sukuna will be quite so fulfilled or at peace with the idea of a bunch of relative nobodies grinding through his bag of tricks from a safe distance and beating him through a normal battle of attrition. I don't see him completely breaking down but I can definitely picture him losing his composure if things go as planned and everyone backs his rear end into a corner with the power of teamwork.

That said, with the matter of Megumi still undecided as well as the fact that this whole thing in text is a giant stupid distraction idk how far we'll get before things take a weirder turn. Certainly I think there is going to be more to Sukuna than just being a wall for the extended cast to dash themselves against until we have a nice tight crew to fight the final boss

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I feel like Sukuna would be elated if he got properly defeated at full strength.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Late night thoughts.

I think we’re gonna get a ton of Gojo in flashback scenes in his conversations with his students before the dual. We know he spoke to gakuganji and ino. I suspect as each of the final surviving characters get their last spotlights/fights, we will get a ton of Gojo scenes with his students passing on his final wisdom.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wish Don Kanonji were here

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Could Chad kick Sukuna's rear end?

Could Renji?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Could Chad kick Sukuna's rear end?

Could Renji?

Well I can't imagine Chad ever losing.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Bread Set Jettison posted:

A smile better suits a hero.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
latest chapter of csm Nobara? is that you?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Was there as much complaining about the Geto reveal when it happened in the manga as there seems to be from the anime.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

i don't really get the complaining, i feel like anything you could possibly get out of Geto as a character has already happened. It'd just be repeating the same stuff

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

yum posted:

latest chapter of csm Nobara? is that you?

i had the same thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

Was there as much complaining about the Geto reveal when it happened in the manga as there seems to be from the anime.

I think the anime viewers latched on more to the Gojo-Geto relationship.

I’m confident they’ll learn that Kenny is a great villain to root against, especially after his connection to Itadori and Choso is revealed.