Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Julias posted:

chanting

Chainsaw Man Rules!
Chainsaw Man Rules!

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Julias posted:

chanting

Chainsaw Man Rules!
Chainsaw Man Rules!

Amen.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Feel like the Justice devil is up to no good.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Denji still gonna have that "bwuh?" face he's been doing this entire time

"... Who the hell're you?"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Das Boo posted:

"... Who the hell're you?"

I hope he gets kicked in the balls again.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I’m happy to see a return of horrific warped devil exploding into bizarre viscera it’s been such a long time also katana man is cool too

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
It'd be hilarious if Katanaman exits the story again without finding out his real name or even without anyone calling him "Katanaman".

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I mean my immediate thought upon seeing the devil's design was 'lobotomy devil' because of the nails in the brain, but I guess we won't know until someone actually says the name.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Cephas posted:

Nah, the hammer/nail fiend is the hammer/nail fiend. They're not Curse or Halloween. Theres just a bit of visual overlap is all

you're probably right but we've yet to see a fiend actually come back in the form of the same devil possessing a different corpse, so it would be interesting if they retain a similar but not identical appearance

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i think fujimoto just likes guts and brains

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
The Chapter Title is literally “Guns, Nails, Katanas”. The guy covered in Nails currently nailing people to the wall with nails is probably the Nail fiend. Just a hunch.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

galagazombie posted:

The Chapter Title is literally “Guns, Nails, Katanas”. The guy covered in Nails currently nailing people to the wall with nails is probably the Nail fiend. Just a hunch.

Maybe. But my money's still on the Death Devil.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
"alright kids, line up and take your gun"

ain't that the way every teenage cult go

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
It's clearly the 'Fear Of Smashing Your Hand While Hammering In A Nail' Devil, look how concerned they are about the state of the students' hands

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

No, no, it’s clearly the constructive criticism devil

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

galagazombie posted:

i hope you're wrong so i can be smug about it

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
There was a screw up with filing and the Fingernail Devil got an unexpected buff.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
edit: oops, wrong thread

Flair fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 28, 2023

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Flair posted:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/one-punch-man-chapter-190/chapter/40358?action=read chapter 190 officially out

I wonder if Saitama is sad that he no longer has his dog

oh no it's the punch hybrid

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Who would win, saitama or kishibe

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Kishibe goes down after one punch, but he just lies down and naps like he's been hit with a tranquilizer.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kishibe would definitely just peace out like Violence did against Reze.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Saitama vs Denji would at least be interesting because sure, Denji can't even remotely hurt the guy, but Saitama can't finish Denji off either since he's immortal. It'd give Saitama some degree of fun for once...though likely short-lived if he can't get Denji some blood to get back up.

It feels a bit like that Saitama vs Majin Buu fight from a DragonGarowLee manga, I think, only Chainsaw Man's regeneration is more involved than Buu's.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I’m imagining saitama could just atomize anyone with regeneration powers if he puts 1% effort into it

The real answer is saitama would never fight these guys cuz he’s too chill

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Saitama and Denji would bond over the luxury of a decent apartment and convenience store food they aint fighting.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Chainsaw Man buns at 50% off is a deal neither of them would pass up.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Arc 1 Makima would just keep getting up until every Japanese citizen was dead, right? Including Saitama?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Das Boo posted:

Arc 1 Makima would just keep getting up until every Japanese citizen was dead, right? Including Saitama?

Saitama would punch Makima but since she is technically a Japanese citizen she would die to preserve herself which would cause the universe to bend, her pact to break, and her to be reborn as a really adorable tiny dog creature.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

saitama would not instagib makima she's too human looking for that. He would use the super power of talking things out like an adult to defeat her.

yuujiro hanma however would rip and tear his way through the entire population of japan if he was challenged.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

What happens if he chucks her into space

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
kumbaya, my lord...

it's gonna be fami they're all contracted with, right?

the pacing is so rapid at the moment

lih fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 10, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chainsaw-man-chapter-145/chapter/40255?action=read

:mad: you son of a bitch

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

there's so much going on

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

took me a little bit to figure out what happened but I eventually did: cool poo poo happened this owns

gotta love any chapter with a good clean door shot. I don't think we've ever seen yoshida with a sword, have we?

I'm ready for a full spinoff about the devil name consultant. I have never wanted to know how a fictional character does their job more.

Valentin fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 10, 2023

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Asa devised that plan without War's awareness, which is interesting. Didn't know she could hide information like that.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Me reading this chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

yum posted:

Asa devised that plan without War's awareness, which is interesting. Didn't know she could hide information like that.

almost like War isn't as in charge as they let on

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
chainsaw man!!!!!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

yum posted:

It kind of lends evidence to the theory that War was flat-out lying to Asa about her threats. To be honest a lot of the story seems to be coming down on the side of "Yoru is really really loving dumb but thinks she is really smart."

Honestly the thing I'm most interested in is the Devil Namer stuff. The fact that they have dedicated namers who somehow 'know' the true name of a Devil and also that Devils can lie about their names REALLY opens up a lot of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

It kind of lends evidence to the theory that War was flat-out lying to Asa about her threats. To be honest a lot of the story seems to be coming down on the side of "Yoru is really really loving dumb but thinks she is really smart."

Honestly the thing I'm most interested in is the Devil Namer stuff. The fact that they have dedicated namers who somehow 'know' the true name of a Devil and also that Devils can lie about their names REALLY opens up a lot of things.

i think a lot of the devil's we have met are actually dumb. they understand very little of the human world and probably wake up on earth fully formed but obviously no education on what to do next. so they probably flounder about like the tomato devil

this might lead into why devils become fiends in the first place. jump into a body and learn all it's memories to jump start your murder spree career