Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Carbohydrates posted:

Takes about 6 months from a set's launch for its new parts to hit PAB

oh good to know. Well I've already planned to use it as a river between the city and the farming side, so for now I've got a use for it, later on we'll see what happens!

Edit: huh apparently this specific part is in 3 sets ( https://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-6346349 ), 2 of which are from 2021 and already retired - 60307 and 60302, where it was actually used as a river piece :) strange it hasn't hit PAB yet then? Guess there's not much demand for it?

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Sep 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Odd indeed. Demand should not be a factor, honestly. It does have a PAB entry that can be mined, revealing a price of 2.26 GBP ea on the EU site, but it does not appear to have ever been in stock. Part ID never changed, so it's not hiding under some other name. It just... never came in stock. Maybe that'll change in a few months once the 2023 City parts go up, but I dunno! That's a weird one.

edit: Searching BL for sellers with a quantity of at least 10, there's only 3 in the world charging more than that PAB price, so I'd stick to BrickLink anyway.

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Sep 25, 2023

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Lego deciding that recycling soda bottles into bricks doesn't actually reduce carbon emissions:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lego-recycled-plastic-prototype-blocks-pet-didnt-reduce-carbon-emissions/

They're still dumping money into the problem though.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Obviously. Plastic recycling is a scam by oil companies to make people think it's ok to use plastic because they can recycle it, despite the fact that most plastics can not be recycled at all. And the ones that can be recycled can only be recycled maybe once and the process is too expensive. It's fine to use plastic, people just shouldn't think it will ever be a green process. I would say that Lego is the least egregious use of plastic since they try their best to make it durable and last as long as possible and are working to reduce the amount of plastic that becomes trash.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
What do you mean it takes the same amount of energy to reform the bricks as it did to create them?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

HootTheOwl posted:

What do you mean it takes the same amount of energy to reform the bricks as it did to create them?

Recycling plastic actually results in an inferior product. They call it "downcycling."

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

good on Lego trying it out though

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Yeah I appreciate their attempts to reduce plastics in like packaging and whatnot though more paper bags sooner please geez it feels like that’s taking forever

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Look, I know that my piddly collection is nothing compared to pretty much everyone else, but I want to say that this WB display looks really nice once it is properly assembled. Today I did the '89 Batmobile for the top and took these pics before I attached the front

So glad that customer service was patient and helpful because this was exactly what I was hoping it would look like.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Load them into the sub

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

HootTheOwl posted:

Load them into the sub

The difference between these cars and the sub is that the cars exist in the real world and don't make me sob uncontrolably under my computer desk.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Ok, well, uh.. load the cars into that then.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Flyinglemur posted:

Look, I know that my piddly collection is nothing compared to pretty much everyone else
Ain't a competition at all, no matter how much Reddit makes it feel like one sometimes. Lookin' great!

I'll post a pile of cars, too. Here's the photo version of the render I posted yesterday of 25 cars in 25 colors.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

One pink car shy of a Pride flag

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

One pink car shy of a Pride flag

Chevrolet C1 Corvette

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Infinitum posted:

Chevrolet C1 Corvette

The pink C1 was immediately done by a couple other builders in the community as soon as the movie was a thing

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvxnaqArhoZ/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwkxS5lLdC2/

I am definitely still looking for a great car to do in pink, though. And magenta. And tan, spring green, and medium nougat. Those are at the top of my hit list.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Carbohydrates posted:

I am definitely still looking for a great car to do in pink, though. And magenta. And tan, spring green, and medium nougat. Those are at the top of my hit list.

Medium nougat - Chevy Citation. Do it, coward!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Mary Kay Coupe Deville would be the second most obvious pink option.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

hmm I might have slightly misjudged the amount of Lego I can fit on top of a Kallax.

will probably need to move PoBB and the castle somewhere else...

but the cute farm animals are so worth it. Those piglets! The sheep with removable woolen coat! :allears:

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Sep 26, 2023

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Carbohydrates posted:

And tan, spring green, and medium nougat. Those are at the top of my hit list.
1973 Gran Torino

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Perfect, I already have the citizen brick bowling buddies set

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/16t1x84/scanned_all_qr_codes_for_35/

According to that reddit post, that person scanned all those QR codes in those manuals to get 35 dollars worth of points, and it took five hours. So I don't think it's going to be worth scanning all your manuals unless you normally just sit perfectly still listening to podcasts and scanning manuals would be a value add for your time.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
For the first time ever, as a birthday present for myself, I'm going to buy an older set - the 2012 Samurai Mech. I've always tried to avoid buying out of production sets, feeling that that would be a slippery slope, especially if I went after stuff from my childhood. However, a few years ago, it was the Ninjago Legacy version of the same mech that got me back into Lego almost five years ago.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Cojawfee posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/16t1x84/scanned_all_qr_codes_for_35/

According to that reddit post, that person scanned all those QR codes in those manuals to get 35 dollars worth of points, and it took five hours. So I don't think it's going to be worth scanning all your manuals unless you normally just sit perfectly still listening to podcasts and scanning manuals would be a value add for your time.

I scanned some manuals just to test this out. Looks like you get 20 points for each manual you scan. Tiny 1 police car Lego city set or big polar explorer ship (which owns btw), doesn't matter. 20 points.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Been a while since I just posted up a pile of my favorite MOCs I've seen on Flickr over recent years, so bear with me as I dump some dope poo poo I think is worth looking at from some amazing creators. Sorry if I posted some of these before, I don't really remember! Trying, as always, to represent a good range of subject matter and building styles.

NERF Maverick - Joey Klusnick

Autumn Cottage - Mbricks

Ferrari F40 - Fuku Saku

DIESEL PUNK - Djokson

"This is not a Vectron"/- CP4715 - Sérgio Batista

Postcards from Johnny T - Jan Woznica

Glass Cerberus - Tino Poutiainen

Renovation works - -Brixe

Art Test 1 - Finn Roberts

LEGO Stapler - BruceLowell.com

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Carbohydrates posted:

Do you take requests/commissions? You're doing amazing work with those cars, and several of us in Automotive Insanity have personal favorites.

We have a guy with the classic 1958 Pink Cadillac which wouldn't be a bad choice.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Now I have to ask, has anyone in this thread made a model of the doom bathroom? Or groverhaus?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Now I have to ask, has anyone in this thread made a model of the doom bathroom? Or groverhaus?

What, you thought Groverhaus was IRL?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Lego can't accurately replicate load bearing drywall, it's too strong.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Carbohydrates posted:

Been a while since I just posted up a pile of my favorite MOCs I've seen on Flickr over recent years, so bear with me as I dump some dope poo poo I think is worth looking at from some amazing creators. Sorry if I posted some of these before, I don't really remember! Trying, as always, to represent a good range of subject matter and building styles.

NERF Maverick - Joey Klusnick

Autumn Cottage - Mbricks

Ferrari F40 - Fuku Saku

DIESEL PUNK - Djokson

"This is not a Vectron"/- CP4715 - Sérgio Batista

Postcards from Johnny T - Jan Woznica

Glass Cerberus - Tino Poutiainen

Renovation works - -Brixe

Art Test 1 - Finn Roberts

LEGO Stapler - BruceLowell.com

Those postcards are INCREDIBLE

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Those postcards further convince me that we need tile versions of all wedges.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

So that's where it went. Okay. But. I could set the building on fire.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Dig the upside down overhang slope as the staple form plate.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

mutata posted:

Dig the upside down overhang slope as the staple form plate.

This post is amazing because one, I can understand it completely, and two, I can also read it in a way that makes me feel like I'm having a stroke and words don't matter any more.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Amazing they can get the angles right on those pyramids.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

This post is amazing because one, I can understand it completely, and two, I can also read it in a way that makes me feel like I'm having a stroke and words don't matter any more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXJKdh1KZ0w

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

Carbohydrates posted:

I really appreciate these posts because I'm not otherwise very keyed into the Legosphere these days and it's great to get these little curated looks.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Heh, the insects ideas set comes with four manuals, one for each insect and then one with just the typical Ideas intro and the parts list.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
This looks cool:

https://www.toysnbricks.com/lego-40596-magic-maze-gwp-october-2023-promotion/

I'm guessing $250 will be the threshold to get it. But maybe $200.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I’m hoping that bringing down prices on Lego sets also means lowering GWP thresholds.