Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

iPodschun posted:

I feel like a caveat about gear should be added for this. We're in week 14 or 15 of this savage tier so I assume most people still doing savage are at ilvl 660 or close to it; if you're trying to clear the third fight of a tier or further during week 1 with everyone in 640 crafted gear, the importance of buff timing matters a lot more. With a good group of people it still probably won't be a problem, but if you're slumming it in PF then you need every bit of damage you can get.

I'm mostly thinking about it through the last tier though as I am not doing this savage tier. From what I've gathered, DPS requirements this tier were notably lower and the first few fights were basically "do the mechanics right and you should clear"

this tier was really lenient on the dps checks, yeah. week two i hit 1% enrage in a p9s reclear after we had something like twenty deaths (a healer lb3 picked up some of those but still)

even p11s was pretty lenient compared to p7s which i remember needed a party that could actually bring good deeps and/or not die but even a single dps death meant hitting enrage week 1. p7s really is what taught me to get more of my burst under buff windows and get my dot uptime up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

There's a discord called NA Treasure Maps - they get together to run Thief's Maps so you get eight times as many shots for your Gazelleskin grinding. Mostly based out of Aether but also some Primal. You likely already know this, but just in case you didn't!

Thanks for that. I've heard of the discord, but haven't checked it out yet. I'm only in the preliminary stages of planning the Luckiest of Lords/Ladies grind. Trying to recruit a few people from my FC before committing too hard.

It looks like it it starts with solo farming about 1500-2000 Gazelleskin maps as BLU to get about 250 Thief maps. Then with a group of 8 and about 2000 total thief maps, 20 runs should be achievable.

I'm in for the long haul with this one. If anyone is interested in joining the grind to end all grinds, let me know.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

the devs follow a pretty consistent pattern of, releasing a new expansion, making the first tier fairly lenient (in their own words, people are still getting used to their new abilities), taking feedback to heart about raids being too easy and making a bastard second tier, then dialing it back for the final tier.

been that way since stb ime (did not complete a tier in hw til creator)

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Mordiceius posted:

Thanks for that. I've heard of the discord, but haven't checked it out yet. I'm only in the preliminary stages of planning the Luckiest of Lords/Ladies grind. Trying to recruit a few people from my FC before committing too hard.

It looks like it it starts with solo farming about 1500-2000 Gazelleskin maps as BLU to get about 250 Thief maps. Then with a group of 8 and about 2000 total thief maps, 20 runs should be achievable.

I'm in for the long haul with this one. If anyone is interested in joining the grind to end all grinds, let me know.

Serious question, how do you get that many of the same map type.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mordiceius posted:

Honestly, I'm a real moron, so yeah. Count me in. I have every BLU spell and also I'm real dumb. Flexible schedule too!

E: one gazelle of your own per day plus the MB, thief's drop (sometimes multiple!) from gazelles and are untradable but they stack unlike "normal" maps

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Honestly, I'm a real moron, so yeah. Count me in. I have every BLU spell and also I'm real dumb. Flexible schedule too!

Basically - go get to 250 stored thief maps and then come back to me. That's the price of admission. lol

Consummate Professional posted:

Serious question, how do you get that many of the same map type.

Marketboard. (For gazelleskin).

For thief maps, the drop from inside the treasure dungeon and are untradable but stack.

It truly is a hellgrind. It's multiple months of solo farming maps followed by multiple months of group farming maps. Though, from gil drops alone, you'll probably walk away with about 100mil gil.

If you want a more detailed breakdown -
https://old.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/15vweso/we_finally_got_the_luckiest_of_ladies_title_here/
https://old.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1061nef/our_group_finally_became_the_luckiest_of/

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Ohhh I’m so dumb I thought you meant stacked.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Somehow I never thought about BLU to solo treasure maps -- I've only ever been doing it on WAR -- but I suppose it makes sense. Is there a specific strategy, or just usual BLU cheese? Can you Missile the bosses?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Antivehicular posted:

Somehow I never thought about BLU to solo treasure maps -- I've only ever been doing it on WAR -- but I suppose it makes sense. Is there a specific strategy, or just usual BLU cheese? Can you Missile the bosses?
You cannot - though I think you can Missile some of the trash in one of the two but not the other, perhaps the add summons? Just the usual nonsense. Perpetual Ray stuns every tankbuster, you can use Basic Instinct inside the map portal, the works.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Of course, now I'm realizing how little I understand about the usual BLU nonsense

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

hot drat I just got 3 10k mini cactpot tickets in a row

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Regalingualius posted:

hot drat I just got 3 10k mini cactpot tickets in a row

hell yeah

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Vermain posted:

Anamnesis is the only non-ACT tool I have any vested interest in, since it turns FFXIV into a really convenient piece of productivity software for creating 3D reference for artwork without having to crack open Blender and buy a bunch of different assets.

So I found out the real reasons and it's quite sad :gbsmith:

The good news is that it'll be maintained by Chip and the discord server will keep running along for new updates in FFXIV.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

With this hairstyle I was getting a Ganondorf vibe so I leaned into it.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Yeah, this tier is considerably more generous. It's not like last tier, where if you had a Warrior week 1 you couldn't clear the door boss.

My static of grey parsers rarely even sees enrage timers, where we were always up against them last time.

in what world could you not clear the door boss w1 last tier with warrior lol

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Maybe they meant Machinist? idk

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

(in)famously xeno's static was stuck at enrage until he switched from war to gnb

tho i vaguely recall some contributing factors like he was out-dps-ing their drk before the switch :v:

in any case p8sp1's original dps check was tight enough that job balance actually started to become a factor, just barely

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

RME posted:

in what world could you not clear the door boss w1 last tier with warrior lol

Well they nerfed it AND buffed WAR and PLDs dps following the nerf.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

people cleared with both jobs so i dont think it's that either

what did happen though was the previous tier had a notably stricter check than usual, the strictest this game has had in any content for many expansions at this point. Tank and Ranged Physical roles are and were uniquely suited to have people flex into alternate jobs, and there was a small but appreciable damage gap on the bottom job and the rest of the options. This is also doubly true when neither role is typically funneled gear in w1, preferably going to a high damage melee, since coffers are 100% flexible in how you distribute now. And with jobs as homogenized as they are, there wasn't much pain to do the switch.

Let's be clear on something, it's bad that this was a serious consideration that a lot of w1 groups with these jobs took up on, because any gain of margin for that little of a investment was a payoff. And the devs clearly thought so too, since they reduced the hp of the fight. But repeating a myth of "you couldn't clear the fight with [job] when there are verifiable clears that did do it, in week 1 is stupid

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

the explanation of "our testers have just gotten too good at the game" was pretty funny

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

World War Mammories posted:

the explanation of "our testers have just gotten too good at the game" was pretty funny

And might explain why Euphrosyne turned up the patch after at the approximate difficulty level of 'coughing baby'.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I hate to double-post, but god damnit I need to celebrate! IT HAPPENED!

Trying to use it in my plate's working, and I think if I go for the Eureka Orthos framer's kit I can swing the 'mad scientist' vibe pretty well.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Cleretic posted:

I hate to double-post, but god damnit I need to celebrate! IT HAPPENED!

Trying to use it in my plate's working, and I think if I go for the Eureka Orthos framer's kit I can swing the 'mad scientist' vibe pretty well.

Congrats! And in less than a week we'll be seeing whatever hellfish they add in 6.5.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Hell yeah. Grats. Just Egg and Lancet left for me.

How far are you from World Class Troller? It has an absolutely beautiful adventurer plate.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Thundarr posted:

Congrats! And in less than a week we'll be seeing whatever hellfish they add in 6.5.

The legendary fish might turn up in 6.55 in January instead; that's what they did in Shadowbringers.

EDIT:

Mordiceius posted:

Hell yeah. Grats. Just Egg and Lancet left for me.

How far are you from World Class Troller? It has an absolutely beautiful adventurer plate.

I'm not really going for World Class Troller; ocean fishing doesn't line up with my schedule in the way regular fishing frequently does.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Cleretic posted:

I'm not really going for World Class Troller; ocean fishing doesn't line up with my schedule in the way regular fishing frequently does.

Ah. Fair enough. I'd still suggest giving it a shot any chance you can. Sure it's only every 2 hours, but you should still be able to grab a ship occasionally. Even just a single 10-15k boat a week will make a difference should you decide you want to start working on it.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Preliminary patch notes

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Hell yeah Endsinger ilvl sync.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Ultimate raids not included in the free trial! The freecob dream is dead.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

quote:

The following adjustments have been made to rewards in alliance raids, taking into account their difficulty and time required to clear:
Experience points received upon defeating bosses has been increased.
* This adjustment does not apply to the Labyrinth of the Ancients, Syrcus Tower, or the World of Darkness.
Bonus experience points received from Duty Roulette: Alliance Raids has been increased.
* This adjustment does not apply to the Labyrinth of the Ancients, Syrcus Tower, or the World of Darkness.
The number and types of Allagan tomestones received have been adjusted.
There's a scaling amount of uncapped and capped tomestones in addition to poetics for duty completion of the old expansion Alliance Raids past Crystal Tower (e.g. 60 causality and 8 comedy for Void Ark; 120 causality and 12 comedy for Tower at Paradigm's Breach)

quote:

Item level restrictions based on class or job level at the time of duty registration will now be applied for Duty Roulette: Alliance Raids.
Class/Job Level, Required Item Level
50-59, ilvl 70
60-69, ilvl 175
70-79, ilvl 305
80-89, ilvl 435
90, ilvl 565

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
...what are the chances that the Twelve are some of the "new NPC opponents?"

Probably incredibly low, though I could see them being added in their minion forms, I suppose.

I'm glad they decided that the current rewards for Alliance Roulette was the baseline and applied to the CT series, while everything after that gets significantly increased. Those are some pretty chunky tomestone rewards.

Removing the gender locking on the Omega attire is interesting. I'm curious how it turned out.

There are a bunch of really small, but really nice QoL changes in the UI this patch, I like it.

Also, R.I.P. Free Trial Legends:

quote:

The following additions and adjustments have been made to the free trial:

• The level cap has been raised to 70.
  • Players will now have access to the expansion data of Stormblood.

* Ultimate raids are not included in the free trial.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
The cursor will re-hide itself during cutscenes if you stop moving it now, finally. That's bothered me for years, because it's still visible even if you jam it into a corner.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Mainwaring posted:

Ultimate raids not included in the free trial! The freecob dream is dead.

The Freemaster Caster dream is not!

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

There are some really nice little tweaks in the prelim patch notes. Sorting teleport destinations by expansion, for example - I'm probably not going to use it now but it would have been handy on the EW launch where new locations weren't as neatly organised as for ShB.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

You know, I didn't think of that as the new 'emote that should be default that's now going to be a time-limited PvP reward', but yeah, that fits.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Cleretic posted:

The Freemaster Caster dream is not!

Nor is Eufreeka!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
> New Launcher

Um. This one has me slightly worried re SteamDeck and xiv launcher

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
There's probably nothing to worry about, they do a new launcher with every expansion and it hasn't killed those yet.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Onean posted:

There's probably nothing to worry about, they do a new launcher with every expansion and it hasn't killed those yet.

Wait, really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I did a bit of double-checking, and realized I forgot about the older launcher that was completely replaced back in 5.1. It looks like there was an issue a year and a half ago that stuff relying on that launcher stopped working, but they had a fix up within a couple days. So, I doubt it's going to cause problems unusual for a major update, unless something's still using that old version, and even if they are there's a few days warning for them to work on it.