Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Moonlighting is finally going to hit streaming on Hulu Oct 10. Top tier 80s show, glad it will finally be available for more people to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Enos Cabell posted:

I agree it was the weakest of the recent MI movies, but it was finished long before the writers strike so that had nothing to do with it.

The train scene was so bizarre though. It felt really off. It was jumpy as heck and didn't make any sense.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Enos Cabell posted:

Moonlighting is finally going to hit streaming on Hulu Oct 10. Top tier 80s show, glad it will finally be available for more people to watch.

The movie with Nicholas Cage?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The movie with Nicholas Cage?

That's Moonstruck. Moonlighting is the comedy series with Bruce Willis.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Edward Mass posted:

That's Moonstruck. Moonlighting is the comedy series with Bruce Willis.
Oh you mean Friends?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Where does Bruno fit into all of this? Did he ever return?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah yeah I'll watch moonlight already

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Where does Bruno fit into all of this? Did he ever return?

We don't talk about Bruno!

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

10 Beers posted:

We don't talk about Bruno!

No no no no

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Reservation Dogs stuck the landing.

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014
Henry Sugar was an absolute delight! Really looking forward to the other shorts

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

withak posted:

I was a tiny bit disappointed with the finale but only because in a season full of 10/10 episodes a 9/10 stands out. Was still incredible and no show has made me as emotional as this one

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Wolfsheim posted:

The MI issues were because it was made at the height of covid restrictions so every dialogue scene between more than two people is edited to death to try and hide that fact, I don't think Ving Rhames is literally ever in the same room as another person (and of course the cast + crew health and safety is paramount but it really messes up the kind of slick momentum and practical effects stuff this series is known for)

The biggest failing though is that submarine scene at the beginning which was apparently originally the opening to the next film, but Cruise insisted they put it at the beginning of this one because I guess he thought audiences would be confused? But it's such a bad mistake in several ways: it ruins the central mystery of the film, it makes the opening feel way too long, and it just undermines the entire structure.

The best part was the OceanGate thing happened days before this thing released.

Ultimate timing.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

withak posted:

Came here to post this. Finale was just lovely.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

kinda digging my $4 starz subscription, they have a ton of stoner 90s b movies i haven't seen in forever

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.

A MIRACLE posted:

kinda digging my $4 starz subscription, they have a ton of stoner 90s b movies i haven't seen in forever

They also have John Wick 4 until tomorrow!

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Medullah posted:

I was a tiny bit disappointed with the finale but only because in a season full of 10/10 episodes a 9/10 stands out. Was still incredible and no show has made me as emotional as this one

More coda than climax, but I really enjoyed it. Big's eggplant had me howling. I'm gonna miss those shitasses.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It was a zucchini.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
It's crazy how bad Wes Anderson's recent output is compared to how good his older movies are, his Netflix short film that was just released is borderline unwatchable

It's like hes surrendered to his worst impulses and become the parody of himself people said he was ten years ago

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

It's crazy how bad Wes Anderson's recent output is compared to how good his older movies are, his Netflix short film that was just released is borderline unwatchable

It's like hes surrendered to his worst impulses and become the parody of himself people said he was ten years ago

asteroid city was his best movie

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Famethrowa posted:

Man if you like people staring at the camera and reading narration in monotone you are about to be in hog heaven

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Asteroid City was great, way better than French Dispatch.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Famethrowa posted:

dull to the point of unwatchable. totally devoid of charm. mayonnaise, the movie.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Thinking about how much better the Grand Budapest would be if instead of the big chase scene Willem Dafoe just stared straight ahead and recited what would have happened in the chase scene before walking offstage

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

The suicide scene in the Royal Tenenbaums but instead its Luke Wilson staring straight ahead reading the stage directions before it cuts to black and white footage of the fictional actor playing Luke Wilson's character also staring straight ahead reading different stage directions before it cuts to the narrator reading a third set of stage directions

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It’s a style that deliberately creates distance and points to the artifice of the work, and while it’s not for everyone it very much serves a purpose.

Besides both Asteroid City and French Dispatch have Jeffrey Wright giving top notch monologues so 5/5

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Yeah....the purpose of putting me to drat sleep!!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Well you can’t wake up without falling asleep.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Saying Asteroid City is his best movie is like saying Ready Player One is Spielberg at the top of his game

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Who hurt you?

Just let people enjoy things, you loving weirdo.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Sorry about your cartoons and superhero shows, kid

How about an uncensored full frontal nude dating show

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I hope it paves the way for more nudity based shows in America.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

British TV is amazingly trashy. There was some other show on streaming a while back called "gross bodies" or something and it was basically my 600lb life except they would full on zoom in on the guys balls or butthole uncensored and the narrator would be be like "ewwwwwww, yuck. Look at that fuckers gross balls. we are actually here to help this man and have the best intentions"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

veni veni veni posted:

I hope it paves the way for more nudity based shows in America.

Oppenheimer’s 30 second sex scenes caused a psychic break in the youth so probably not.

(They don’t realize they can watch movies without their parents)

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Wolfsheim posted:

Saying Asteroid City is his best movie is like saying Ready Player One is Spielberg at the top of his game

Best one sentence review of a movie I've read in a long time.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

yes an experimental piece about struggling to express yourself despite being a creator of emotional visuals is exactly the same as a studio yard sale lmao

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Looks like Max, in their shakeup, has passed on Emily St. John-Mandel's The Glass House and Sea of Tranquility (that live in the same universe as Station Eleven).

But rights have gone back to Paramount to shop around.

If you wanna know how it's all going to play out - Patrick Somerville (the showrunner) lays it all out in this epic tweet thread.

https://x.com/patrickerville/status/1707498278873710891?s=20

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

British TV is amazingly trashy. There was some other show on streaming a while back called "gross bodies" or something and it was basically my 600lb life except they would full on zoom in on the guys balls or butthole uncensored and the narrator would be be like "ewwwwwww, yuck. Look at that fuckers gross balls. we are actually here to help this man and have the best intentions"

People who think 600lb Life is disrespectful haven’t seen the British docs that play little jaunty tunes while a narrator excitedly explains how the man on screen is cooking his twelfth sausage roll of the day

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
Secret Eaters is my favorite trashy British show. All they do is ask overweight people to estimate how much they eat in a week, then secretly follow them around and log everything they eat. Then they invite the person to a cafe where the wall opens up and there is a museum of everything the person ate that week.

It’s such a weird show and I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Reservation Dogs is the best show of the 2020's so far, of course it's over. They definitely stuck the landing.