Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Editing the UI from Journeyman Project into myGO screenshots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Big boobies.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i'm drinking rolling rock!!!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's fun watching people start Mygo after the rave reviews and not being ready for the full Soyo experience

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Watched thru Lycoris Recoil w a group of friends, had a good time

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It's fun watching people start Mygo after the rave reviews and not being ready for the full Soyo experience

tbh the full soyo is one of the reasons mygo is great

Endorph posted:

i think mygo uses 3dcg really well in some scenes, like the pre-concert scene thats just entirely in the waiting room where it does a bunch of different fly on the wall camera angles without ever leaving the room, and characters come in and out of the room as the scene goes on. you feel really trapped in that space in a way that makes you anxious which mirrors how the characters are feeling. you could do that in 2d but itd require a lot more work to do some of those angles

yeah i think this is it - it's not like, amazingly animated, but they use the tech they have well in terms of shot composition and the occasional flex. there are some flourishes on the scenes where they play music that i appreciated.

i still laugh at the bit with anon and the f chord

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Went to an AA meeting tonight. Walked out the bar and made a joke I was going to follow this random man to where he was going. I asked and he said AA and I was like "ya know what I'm going to"

Ran home grabbed my Big Book and hustled in. When they asked if anyone was new or returning I stood up and introduced myself. It was a discussion meeting and everyone apparently could hear my "desperation hopelessness and pain" so a lot of people spent time talking to me directly.

They gave me an extra BB that everyone wrote their names and numbers in for me to call. There has to be like 45 phone numbers in here.

Supposed to go to a double meeting at 8am tomorrow with a man named Scribe. I asked him yes that is his real first name.

Thing is. The really really lovely thing is. I'm still not sure I've hit rock bottom but do I really want to see it? Or experience it? Or when it comes down to it live it?

I dont know. I really dont.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im gonna say you dont want to experience rock bottom

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
But you know what I did when I left? I went and bought some alcohol.

I'm not stupid I just do dumb things and they're dumb because I know what I'm doing

I'm not in some fugue state where I just awaken and go what the heck it's me making an active conscious decision to do these actions and then perform them.

Love yourself cuz if you dont well.

Look at me

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I think you're doing a good thing Verbal, and having seen my father and multiple other people hit rock bottom due do alcohol and drugs, no. You do not need to hit rock bottom to strive to improve yourself. I would say seize this opportunity as a way to make new connections and find new opportunities for yourself.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i don't know what rock bottom is supposed to mean, but you deserve a life of security, hope, and comfort. i hope you look back on things right now as being the lowest they got.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
isnt a major part of the aa curriculum that alcoholism is a force stronger than human willpower? that's why it's so hard to just decide not to buy alcohol. it's not a mystery and you are not a weak human being for being subject to the forces of substance dependency.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm gonna call a couple of these numbers I'm gonna step away for a bit

marumaru
May 20, 2013

verbal enema posted:

I'm not stupid I just do dumb things and they're dumb because I know what I'm doing

addiction is hosed up dude. i've been there. try to hold onto the small moments where you're aware of what you're doing and how it's harmful and try your darndest to do someting positive e.g. going to an AA meeting
eventually you'll manage to, in one of those moments, actually do something positive and eventually you'll break the loop
you can do it my dude.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Ohtori Akio posted:

isnt a major part of the aa curriculum that alcoholism is a force stronger than human willpower? that's why it's so hard to just decide not to buy alcohol. it's not a mystery and you are not a weak human being for being subject to the forces of substance dependency.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

verbal enema posted:

ganbatte

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Also, the thing about the road to recovery is that it's not a zero sum game. You take baby steps, and it's often expected that you will trip up and relapse at points, but the ethos you want to embody is to start each day as a new slate, and to try your best from that point on without letting your past mistakes haunt you, or to give up "because it's pointless". It's okay to make mistakes, that's part of being human, as long as there is an earnest desire to change and improve yourself.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMaLs8AUotg

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Anyways good luck to you Verbal, and I'm glad that you're reaching our to others for help :glomp:

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

verbal enema posted:

this is an incredibly positive step forward, keep at it

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
interrupting negative sequences of behavior is a win rear end move. choices exist at every point within a destructive ritual

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Endorph posted:

also i fell off frieren when they spent a dozen chapters belaboring the point that demons are evil and deceptive and then followed it up by doing a really boring survival game in the forest

The demon thing was weird, but it really jumped the shark with the Hunter Wizard Exam, yeah.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

frieren is a manga where most of the chapter long stories or miniarcs are good but i just find every broader arc to be really boring. like the gold demon arc was just foreeeevvveeeer

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Honestly, I think the main problem is that it started getting bogged down with the details. Of like, anything. It was at its best when it was skipping like 3-6 months every chapter, but once it slowed down to real time (or standard manga pacing I guess) it's just been dull.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
miyazaki hayao thinks its insanely epic when a woman ordinarily wears her long hair in a braid but, due tpo adversity, cuts it short - and it looks nice on her

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
and hes right

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

What if there was a woman who was a princess and wore big armor and had one arm and was also Uma Thurman

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

What if there was a woman who was a princess and wore big armor and had one arm and was also Uma Thurman

goldmine

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

verbal enema posted:

you're a king, VE. keep yourself safe and don't let the demons win

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Julias posted:

Also, the thing about the road to recovery is that it's not a zero sum game. You take baby steps, and it's often expected that you will trip up and relapse at points, but the ethos you want to embody is to start each day as a new slate, and to try your best from that point on without letting your past mistakes haunt you, or to give up "because it's pointless". It's okay to make mistakes, that's part of being human, as long as there is an earnest desire to change and improve yourself.

eah this is extremely true and important. dont know that it'd be clear / easy to internalize this when you're still in the thick of it, but in hindsight i realize how important it was.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
thinking about princess kushanna removing a prosthetic and saying hehehehehe cant wait to freak out whatever poor sap gets married to me. love her

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's kinda funny that Castle of Cagliostro is the only Miyazaki movie that never got a big high budget dub with a lot of celebrities, but it also has David Hayter so who can say what's better

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i dunno if an english speaker hired by disney could pull off enough slime to do a good lupin line read

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
RDJ Lupin

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ohtori Akio posted:

miyazaki hayao thinks its insanely epic when a woman ordinarily wears her long hair in a braid but, due tpo adversity, cuts it short - and it looks nice on her

If they wear it in a braid then they don't get the Miyazaki mandated hair flare up when they get angry or determined.

Waffleman_ posted:

It's kinda funny that Castle of Cagliostro is the only Miyazaki movie that never got a big high budget dub with a lot of celebrities, but it also has David Hayter so who can say what's better

There's two different dubs for Cagliostro, right? Theres the Hayter dub and there's the other one where Lupin is called Wolf?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Sep 30, 2023

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Arc Hammer posted:

If they wear it in a braid then they don't get the Miyazaki mandated hair flare up when they get angry or determined.

sometimes the braid flares up i think. its insanely badass

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

There's two different dubs for Cagliostro, right? Theres the Hayter dub and there's the other one where Lupin is called Wolf?

Yeah, there's a dub from 1992 and a dub from 2000. The 92 dub calls him Wolf and he is voiced by Bob Bergen who you may know better as Porky Pig

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

symbolic posted:

you're a king, VE. keep yourself safe and don't let the demons win

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

gently caress alcohol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009