Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
every top one piece villain list is fraudulent if this character isn't on there: foxy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Foxy isn’t a villain, he’s a hero

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He's ok. I think he's cool and all but y'know he's a minor villain for a minor arc and he doesn't leave much of an impression beyond being a funny and enjoyable guy I like seeing.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

This is a cruel thing to say and he probably doesn't deserve it but its very Gin-esque the way people talk about Foxy.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Who the hell is Gin, again?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Nodosaur posted:

Who the hell is Gin, again?

the heart and soul of sanjis character

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

the heart and soul of sanjis character

blinks

Wait is he that guy from Don Krieg’s crew?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
It is funny that Oda wrote in that sufficiently strong characters can no sell Devil Fruit effects just to finally kill the "Foxy is the strongest character in One Piece" jokes

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Nodosaur posted:

blinks

Wait is he that guy from Don Krieg’s crew?

You are the first person to actually remember gin, congrats!

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
It’s interesting how often it’s Sanji (not Luffy as you’d expect) who persuades/befriends/redeems people who are initially enemies: Gin, Mr. 2, Duval, Violet, Pudding. Though of course Luffy sometimes does it too, most obviously Nami and Robin.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

he's a minor villain for a minor arc and he doesn't leave much of an impression

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Tbh I thought he was pretty cool in the movie he was in where he asks for a rematch and they all get betrayed. I didn't like Foxy for a long time, but recently I've turned a corner.

Foxy is Good.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wouldn't say Lucci is a top tier villain but he has a really good fight. Those two are not the same thing but they intersect a lot.

Not sure who I'd rank as Best Villain in One Piece but I'd still rank Luffy vs Katakuri as Best Fight overall.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Tbh I thought he was pretty cool in the movie he was in where he asks for a rematch and they all get betrayed. I didn't like Foxy for a long time, but recently I've turned a corner.

Foxy is Good.

I really liked that movie! Dubiously canonical handling of Haki, but I think it was a really well-rounded Straw Hat adventure in the old style. Better than Film Z, certainly.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I'll give Lucci credit for this much at least, dude was dumb enough and ballsy enough to come back for a re-match with Luffy something like a decade and 5 power-ups after Water 7 and he's still gunning for it even now. It may not be working out for him but I've still got to admire the dedication. Most everyone else who tried something like that was either talked out of it, turned over a new leaf or realized it was probably a bad idea. I think Bellamy was the only other one who really tried and he was more of a punchline than anything.

I should specify I'm only talking about past villains that Luffy actually beat in earlier arcs, not Boss Preview stuff like the Admirals or Mihawk (that one's more of a Zoro thing anyways).

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
Lucci is easily the most prototypical Shonen villain/fight One Piece has had up through when he first appears. If that's your jam then yeah he's great, if you're here for the wierd poo poo then he's kind of lame.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ty for the Digimon post. too many haters here

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Lucci is easily the most prototypical Shonen villain/fight One Piece has had up through when he first appears. If that's your jam then yeah he's great, if you're here for the wierd poo poo then he's kind of lame.

Yeah, but in the arc he's balanced out by the rest of CP9 being the usual One Piece-style weirdos.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Foxy is the goofiest pirate in the goofy pirate manga, therefor he is the best.

Wake me up when Kaido tries to disguise himself as an old woman to trick Luffy

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Begemot posted:

Yeah, but in the arc he's balanced out by the rest of CP9 being the usual One Piece-style weirdos.
Cool serious people who would be a dime a dozen in a lamer manga are really fun in One Piece 'cause they're so out of place.

See also: Law.

In short, everyone in One Piece is good.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Silver2195 posted:

It’s interesting how often it’s Sanji (not Luffy as you’d expect) who persuades/befriends/redeems people who are initially enemies: Gin, Mr. 2, Duval, Violet, Pudding. Though of course Luffy sometimes does it too, most obviously Nami and Robin.

He's the one who fights Mr.2 but i'm not sure i'd say he's the guy who does the befriending.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Foxy is the goofiest pirate in the goofy pirate manga, therefor he is the best.

Wake me up when Kaido tries to disguise himself as an old woman to trick Luffy

Did you forget flirty drunk Kaido?

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I don't think there's a character in One Piece I hate more than Foxy. Same for the Davy Back fight being my least favorite part of the story.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
what a bad way to live

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Silver2195 posted:

You absolute monster. How dare you deny the beautiful friendship between Bon Clay and the rest of the crew that existed before he even met Sanji.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just lol if you don't want to see another Davy Back Fight with a different crew

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Infinitum posted:

Just lol if you don't want to see another Davy Back Fight with a different crew

I maintain that Shanks is a davey back fight for the hat.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

CommunityEdition posted:

I really liked that movie! Dubiously canonical handling of Haki, but I think it was a really well-rounded Straw Hat adventure in the old style. Better than Film Z, certainly.

Totally agree except I love Z because it’s got really good punching :shobon:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lord_Magmar posted:

I maintain that Shanks is a davey back fight for the hat.

i thought so too for a while but now i think itll be blackbeard

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

i thought so too for a while but now i think itll be blackbeard
I feel like Blackbeard’s crew are too unhinged to follow rules. Vasco Shot was talking about raping Boa Hancock the last time we saw him - I just can’t imagine a guy like that strapping a ball to his head. But I COULD see Usopp fighting Yasopp in one of those carnival shooting games

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Cat Machine posted:

I feel like Blackbeard’s crew are too unhinged to follow rules. Vasco Shot was talking about raping Boa Hancock the last time we saw him - I just can’t imagine a guy like that strapping a ball to his head. But I COULD see Usopp fighting Yasopp in one of those carnival shooting games

foxy and his crew were also unhinged cheaters though

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

There’s no such thing as cheating when it comes to pirates (the straw hats start using enhanced tactics so well once they see the Foxy pirates do it)

Edit ps I think we’ll definitely see another D.avy Back fight and it’s even odds if it will be against the Red Hair or Blackbeard pirates.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I’m a bit frightened by what I’m reading. Cuz this is Thriller. Thriller Bark.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Nodosaur posted:

I’m a bit frightened by what I’m reading. Cuz this is Thriller. Thriller Bark.

Have you got to what is probably the best loving joke in the entire run of the series so far?

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

This joke is so simple and obvious but it’s one of the best jokes of all time

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Sadly not yet. But I’ve seen that clip

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
The fight for the one piece will absolutely be a Davy Back fight

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

In the Shanks vs. Luffy part of said Davy Back Fight, Luffy will wear his afro again, and proceed to overwhelm Shanks...

...until it's pointed out he can't wear his straw hat with an afro, and thus the battle will be equalized

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Cat Machine posted:

I could see Usopp being picked by Shank’s crew after their first win for a big drama moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

CommunityEdition posted:

I could see Usopp being picked by Shank’s crew after their first win for a big drama moment.

That would make Yasopp quit, It'd never work.