Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Luckily BrickClicker just dropped the full list of October Promos!
Fully stealing this from the Brick Tap (LegoLeaks) discord

Magic Maze: $150 threshold
Pirate & Spooky Packs: $50 threshold
Pirate Cove: $100
Mystic Witch: $130 Online Only
Steamboat Willy: $100 and should actually include Star Wars and Marvel purchases
Houses of the World: $250
Moving Van (again, again): Only with the purchase of a Modular building

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Ugh, I want that maze so bad.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Wow, that Houses of the World series has to be one of the toughest to complete. All in one year, $250 minimum purchase each, and not always even in stock!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Even Lego housing is out of reach

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dang those are some good GWPs. Want the maze but I don't think there is anything in that price range I want right now.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I can't get stuff I want to be just over 150, so I guess I gotta spend 200. Why does the deep sea sub one have to be so expensive.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
What is the maze

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

HootTheOwl posted:

What is the maze

The maze isn't for you

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

smackfu posted:

Wow, that Houses of the World series has to be one of the toughest to complete. All in one year, $250 minimum purchase each, and not always even in stock!

I have the first 2, but I just bought them off Bricklink, heh.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Hmm...2, maybe 3 purchases this month. Assuming things are in stock, Corvette takes the first GWP and the Winter Village takes the 2nd. Nice.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

The maze isn't for you

I was going to say it didn't look like anything to me

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
The Dune Ornithopter is reportedly delayed until next year rather than November. Probably because the actors' strike has delayed the movie. Bummer. :ibadpop:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Anyone else interested in getting the UCS Venator on Sunday? It’s pretty tempting, I have to admit

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

I would be if the GWP wasn't lame as hell, might as well wait for double VIP points in a couple of weeks. Also the lack of a waste cape for Rex and the hypothetical reason behind it is mind bogglingly stupid.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Hypothetical reason? I'm not into Star Wars but you've piqued my curiosity.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

From what I understand they originally phased them out because 'they're hard for kids to put on, get messed up when vigorously played with or if you try to make the figure sit down with it attached'. Which makes some sense for something like Fox in the new Coruscant Guard Gunship playset, but then why are there waste capes in new Dreamzzz and Marvel sets that are specifically playsets? So now we're at the dumbest of them all, Commander Rex in the upcoming extremely expensive 18+ adult-oriented UCS Venator, a set that has zero play features and no minifig-scale places to have him sit down, isn't getting a waist cape solely because of the designer's desire for maximum cohesion with all of the recent(ish) clone trooper commanders that haven't had them. Forget the fact that all of the old cloneboi sets that should have pauldrons and waist capes included them and were all in actual playsets. Forget the fact that this is a literal flagship product for the company. Forget all of the complaints from fans much more diehard than me over the years. "Only the best is good enough" my rear end.

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 30, 2023

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I thought it was lame they got rid of the waist coats for the snowtroopers in all the newer hoth sets and changed the little brick built backpacks to a print. Including the $850 at-at. The old ones look so much less basic. I even prefer the really old ones with the backpack attached to the helmet.

Really it just feels like they have been cheaping out on Star Wars figures lately. The prints are top notch but they don’t come with as many little accessories to make them unique these days unless it’s a legacy figure. Most of my favorite figures are from like 2012-2018 with the exception of Mos Eisley which had great minifigs.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 30, 2023

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

I thought it was lame they got rid of the waist coats for the snowtroopers in all the newer hoth sets and changed the little brick built backpacks to a print. Including the $850 at-at. The old ones look so much less basic. I even prefer the really old ones with the backpack attached to the helmet.

Really it just feels like they have been cheaping out on Star Wars figures lately. The prints are top notch but they don’t come with as many little accessories to make them unique these days unless it’s a legacy figure. Most of my favorite figures are from like 2012-2018 with the exception of Mos Eisley which had great minifigs.

Exactly! I sadly missed a whole bunch of the crazier sets, like 9488 Elite Clone Trooper & Commando Droid Battle Pack, during my dark ages, but your snowtrooper example somehow hits me even harder as a mainly OT fanboy. I'd have been scooping up the Imp Hoth Battle Packs on sight if they had backpacks and proper capes. It's sad seeing seriously great set builds being let down by the minifigs showcasing maximum economies of scale. Fox is even worse than what they did to the new Cody, incorrect color placement combined with low intensity white coming out as pink is just lame. Lego knows the hardcore fans are still going Full Price Jones on release day either way, thankfully I'm not in that group and hope most fans aren't either... ESPECIALLY when the GWPs are flaccid at best.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think these huge builds usually coast on their size alone and giant Hoth builds are a dime a dozen (not really but there are plenty) , but this guy is a really impressive builder. Usually these huge builds have a lot less care put into the little details and I found this to be a pretty fun watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxGtGp4iwLE

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeahh, the Rex mini fig could be better for sure. Fortunately, I don’t really care about minifigs that much, so it doesn’t deter me from getting the Venator

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Maze seems to be terribly implemented :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeKK0W4RmfE

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

The guy who made a real cool extra-large and detailed Tallneck MOC and later did a Deathjaw just released his Tremortusk and it looks incredible. I have zero concept of how difficult it is to get the pieces though, I'm still new to all this Lego business as an adult.

https://mocbay.com/product/tremortusk/

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Do people really buy €60 moc plans? Without a single brick included?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

shut up blegum posted:

Do people really buy €60 moc plans? Without a single brick included?
I personally haven't but, for a model that big, you're already in for 4 figures' worth of parts. 60 for the instructions isn't THAT much by comparison.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
For something like that, the guy deserves to be compensated for his time.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That's an amazing set.

It's also nearly 8,000 bricks.
:chanpop:

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I want more Horizon sets so loving bad

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Was at a neighbor's house and their 11 year old proudly showed off his Concorde and Saturn v. Then a 4 year old pulled the Concorde off the stand and the poor tween just about had a panic attack

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

trevorreznik posted:

Was at a neighbor's house and their 11 year old proudly showed off his Concorde and Saturn v. Then a 4 year old pulled the Concorde off the stand and the poor tween just about had a panic attack

lol

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

my brother and his wife or sometimes my parents will get kinda concerned when my nephews gently caress around with some of my models but i'm always like: its lego. its made to be indestructible. i'll just rebuild it. and if any pieces are missing, i've never had a problem with lego's customer service, even if it takes like a month for them to ship some replacements out

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Borsche69 posted:

my brother and his wife or sometimes my parents will get kinda concerned when my nephews gently caress around with some of my models but i'm always like: its lego. its made to be indestructible. i'll just rebuild it. and if any pieces are missing, i've never had a problem with lego's customer service, even if it takes like a month for them to ship some replacements out

i can understand that an 11 year old probably doesnt have the same mentality though lol

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My cousin brought her kids over to my place to check out my collection and when the kids inevitably wanted to play with them she was like “look don’t touch” and I figured “hey they are toys have at it”. Her husband looks over at me “shouldn’t have done that ”.

They played around for about 10 minutes and it took me a couple of hours to fix everything lol.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I try to let kids that come over play with my sets but their parents are always worried about breaking something.

I kinda get it, you don't want to be a guest and have your kid fling lego parts all across the living room. But still, I said it was okay!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The double VIP fun packs didn't show up. Just the halloween/spooky one. And the Alpine Lodge disappeared from the site. Weird.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
We only had the Spooky one here in Australia and it sold out insanely quickly.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
The Architecture set for the Lego House is available now on Lego.com for Europe and the UK. £44.99/€49.99.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Got to the Lego store about a half hour early, there was a small line but nothing crazy. Talked to some other people there to get the Venator, big talking point was everyone not knowing where they’re gonna put it lol. Seemed like the store had a decent amount of them, I got mine with no issue. Plus they had these super big bags to carry them in, that was pretty cool

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I think the only mega huge set that’s had stock issues was the UCS Falcon, which I think was partly excitement and probably partly not know how many people were going to buy and being conservative with production

Mega huge defined as like $600 or more US I guess arbitrarily

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I’m always surprised when they do a UCS that’s not from the original trilogy but I guess the folks who can spend $650 on Lego is only getting younger (from my perspective.)

No UCS from the third trilogy yet though, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

smackfu posted:

I’m always surprised when they do a UCS that’s not from the original trilogy but I guess the folks who can spend $650 on Lego is only getting younger (from my perspective.)

No UCS from the third trilogy yet though, right?

They did square dish falcon I thought,?
E: BB8 got one right?