Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

so what is Saturn then, a beetle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

U-DO Burger posted:

so what is Saturn then, a beetle?

Wait is he a loving stag beetle???

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Wow.

Bonney is really cool! I am very worried for her!

This happened during the Kaido fight too. There he listed the people who were depending on him, as well as Pedro, and he was back in the fight.

He's powered by dreams of liberation. If he's going to bounce back from this, he needs to remember who's counting on him.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

the Egghead Incident is Gear 5 Luffy catching Saturn with a giant bug net and keeping him as a pet

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

U-DO Burger posted:

the Egghead Incident is Gear 5 Luffy catching Saturn with a giant bug net and keeping him as a pet

Bonnie has that light saber that attracts bugs, it’s all coming together :aaaaa:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Wow that guys head really did explode

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Bonnie has that light saber that attracts bugs, it’s all coming together :aaaaa:

:eyepop:

loving excellent chapter

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is Kizaru down for the count here? Same type of punch knocked Kaido on his rear end so I would think so

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

one piece is so good goddamn

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

let's go bonny kill him

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

He's an ushi-oni

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ushi-oni

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

hatty posted:

Is Kizaru down for the count here? Same type of punch knocked Kaido on his rear end so I would think so

imo this chapter used its kizaru+luffy panels to put them both out of action for a PlotNecessary amount of time for saturn/the giant robot/maybe kuma to do their thing

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
what the fuuuuuuuck

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
holy poo poo. the one piece is real.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Okay that makes more sense

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i think saturn's fruit is an ushi-oni - a demon with a spider's body and an ox's head. of course oda's mixing and matching mythologies because he teleports with a demonic pentagram. i guess the other gorosei probably all have demon-themed fruits too

extremely cool chapter. bonney just stabbing saturn immediately rules.

i wonder why saturn thinks vegapunk had already been killed? is this just going to be 'shouldn't lucci have managed to kill you by now' or something else?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

lih posted:

i wonder why saturn thinks vegapunk had already been killed? is this just going to be 'shouldn't lucci have managed to kill you by now' or something else?

Oh poo poo! Has anyone touched Vegapunk yet? Or seen his arm?

Would be very in line with this arc if it turns out Vegapunk died awhile ago and the main form is just a robot that's communicating with his old brain that he left behind in Punk Records.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

lih posted:

i guess the other gorosei probably all have demon-themed fruits too

wait you mean they aren't the good guys? :ohdear:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Luffy I can't go to that island, I suffer from Don't-Want-My-Head-To-Explode Disease

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Chapter ruled:
An admiral has to flee from Luffy.. the new bad guys have an awakened ox spider demon... this is such a huge shift in the power rankings of everything. These guys are literal monsters.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Scholtz posted:

Honestly the speedy scanlation is pretty good quality this week. Join us in reading a single chapter several times over a few days.

can't make me

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Holy poo poo

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Major spoilers from 4 months ago about someone that nailed something about that goddamn ushi-oni

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/142kimq/their_potential_powerschapter_1085_spoilers

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Holy moly

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

reddit does it again

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I find it interesting that even in a world of crazy hybrid transformation using devil fruits, everyone upon seeing Saturn immediately refer to him as a monster. Some people could even sense his coming somehow. Lower ranks aren't even allowed to look at him. The marine who's head didn't explode is probably in deep poo poo for seeing him as he really is. I'm guessing whatever these things are is probably deeply connected with the nature of the One Piece world along with the fruits that grant dreams.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Full picture of the Ushi-Oni even has the same talons for legs.

Also it's kind of scary that if you are too weak you will die from looking at the guy.

On Kizaru I bet he's hurt but I doubt he's out, he will probably return next chapter.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
So why'd he transform anyways? Seems like he's actually after luffy?

No Wave fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 5, 2023

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Best video I could find without commentary. Chapter spoilers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQXPoCnEGtE

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I’m guessing it’s another rare type of Zoan, Demon type. So Bull-Bull or Spider-Spider fruit: Model Ushi-Oni

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
man, Atlas really told those pacifist as to just start killing. Those scenes of the marines getting blown up is kind of horrific.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Welp, there goes any theories that the Gorosei aren't strong and are just rich, amoral dickheads.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Welp, there goes any theories that the Gorosei aren't strong and are just rich, amoral dickheads.

Several of them have scars, that they had seen battle was obvious to me at least.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I totally misunderstood this panel the first time. I thought Luffy was mimicking Kizaru's face to mock him saying that he must have reached his limit and that he easily defeated him after finally landing a clean hit. So I was very confused as to why Luffy fell down to the ground at the end. But yeah, he actually did reach his limit here apparently.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I just got to Nightmare Luffy

This owns

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wow, Saturn just showing up in full monster form. Didn’t expect that (curious what the rest of them really look like now and if Imu will also have a similar form when they’re finally revealed)

Also:

https://twitter.com/OnePieceAnime/status/1709592968091287801

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Congrats Luffy

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

luchadornado posted:

Major spoilers from 4 months ago about someone that nailed something about that goddamn ushi-oni

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/142kimq/their_potential_powerschapter_1085_spoilers

Incredible called shot, but DO NOT LIKE the idea of a Blood-blood fruit, fuuuuuuck. Avatar Last Airbender had it right in how hosed that would be.

:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Larryb posted:

Wow, Saturn just showing up in full monster form. Didn’t expect that (curious what the rest of them really look like now and if Imu will also have a similar form when they’re finally revealed)

given the demonic nature of these fruits, im wondering if imu has like some kind of actual "devil" fruit.