Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

lol

Yeah I don't think Punk would get into a fight with anyone at WWE. Like it seems that Seth hates him but I can't picture him doing anything about it.

with Lucha House Party all gone there are no fixers left in the fed lockerroom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

lol

Yeah I don't think Punk would get into a fight with anyone at WWE. Like it seems that Seth hates him but I can't picture him doing anything about it.

I'll be honest, 20+ years of evidence would suggest otherwise :v:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Out of curiosity what evidence is there that some of the names dropped (Cody, Seth, Steen) all hate or dislike Punk?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fart blood posted:

Out of curiosity what evidence is there that some of the names dropped (Cody, Seth, Steen) all hate or dislike Punk?

the fact that they've all vocally said they hate cm punk, probably

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

CM Punk telling the MIz to suck a blood money soaked dick in Saudi Arabia wasn't an insult, it was advice. And now Punk's taking his own advice.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Seth is the only one who has publicly said anything, and yeah, he is a total lapdog. He isn't going to rock the boat

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I am gonna go for a dark horse pick as to who punk winds up going nuclear over, because i doubt anybody had cactus jack perry as their choice in aew

I am gonna say Punk is gonna lose it over something innocuous that Otis does

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if Punk thinks he's going to be handed titles on a silver platter in WWE then lol. the owners aren't huge marks for him and it's a hard sell to have roman or rollins drop those belts to him

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

if Punk thinks he's going to be handed titles on a silver platter in WWE then lol. the owners aren't huge marks for him and it's a hard sell to have roman or rollins drop those belts to him

I don’t think he wants titles I think he just wants a boss who will tell everyone to be his friend and do as he says

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

it’s gonna be great when punk does a promo having to praise vince for being a great manager (of targets or any other chain store)

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rotinaj posted:

I am gonna go for a dark horse pick as to who punk winds up going nuclear over, because i doubt anybody had cactus jack perry as their choice in aew

I am gonna say Punk is gonna lose it over something innocuous that Otis does

It’s gonna be Corey Graves in a battle of which old guy still clinging to being the punkest guy on the roster is the REAL oldest punk

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

lol

https://x.com/WrestlePurists/status/1710321354170356080?s=20

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Send in The Bunny

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I would've said Ali if he were still around in an attempt to get fired. So I guess using that logic, Drew would fight Punk.

I think Drew is too much of a pro and overall nice guy for that though

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

DLC Inc posted:

Punk seems to have had fantasies of being the Terry Funk to AEW's ECW, it's just that he didn't have a single clue how or why Funk was so revered in that locker room and his brain is tidally locked to early 2000s backstage politicking

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Performance Center gong lol

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Being just a teeny tiny bit obvious there, nxt

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

those close to Punk have told us that it is his intention to return and the two sides are in talks.

those close to Punk

close to Punk

[citation needed]

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

looks like he might get some company

https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1710269747546272054

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dax owning this trademark will be the thing that ends their bromance

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Shard posted:

it is really funny to me that report reads like Punk wants to come back and WWE doesn't care. It really does give this image of him crawling back. I would not have guessed this is how this all plays out back in 2014.

That's how I read it as well. I guess it's just another principle to be abandoned, as is the way with most aging punks.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

If ftr actually went back to wwe, i would laugh and also be glad that they can finally get a reup on their prescription for ucey cream and get back to shaving their backs

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Who's gonna Finish the Story (TM) first? Punk or Cody?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

please dont whisper anything to anyone undertaker

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cthulu Carl posted:

Roman Reigns

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

its only the top of the fourth inning

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The Mechanics -> The Revival -> gently caress the Revival -> FTR -> CMFTR -> CumFarter

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
it's probably just for merch sales on PWtees

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Punk crawling back to lick the boots of his old senile rapist boss because of a single throwaway line in a Hangman promo. Grim stuff.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Seams posted:

Punk crawling back to lick the boots of his old senile rapist boss because of a single throwaway line in a Hangman promo. Grim stuff.

Look, WWE might have made him wrestle with MRSA and almost killed him, lied to him about main eventing, sued him in a blatant successful attempt to ruin his relationships, and fired him on his wedding day but thats nothing compared to what Hangman and the Bucks did

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Look, WWE might have made him wrestle with MRSA and almost killed him, lied to him about main eventing, sued him in a blatant successful attempt to ruin his relationships, and fired him on his wedding day but thats nothing compared to what Hangman and the Bucks did

Oh so now we don't want Punk to make amends with the people who sue him??????

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/HighFlyLo/status/1710319559243157647?s=20

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

It’s so funny that the WWE is loading up that Tuesday show

Just reeks of desperation

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I hope the Rock does come back and steals the WM main event away from Punk again.

Bonus points if Cody is caught in the crossfire as well.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Cthulu Carl posted:

the feeling when CM Punk comes in to blow up your spot for the second time

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So does NXT think that if they overload this show and beat dynamite it... disappears? This seems like an all or nothing gamble in a war that can't end that way

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

They just want the bragging rights and for the mutant fan contingent to crow about it, and to prove it's not a sprint it's a marathon. Same for AEW as they've also loaded the show. It doesn't matter whatsoever for anything but some cringe pride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They're trying to get a TV deal for NXT. This isn't anything new. They've been doing it for literal months now.

Beating Dynamite, a program that always wins its night, lets them say "hey, we beat this program that always wins its night. Gimme gimme gimme." to TV networks.