Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

My name is Cringe Pride irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It'll certainly be interesting to see how many people go back to flipping back and forth like Raw and Nitro. It feels like there will be less now but IDK. Like I and the other dynamite watchers I know have no interest in nxt and no fed stan is going to watch aew in fear of betraying vince's love or whatever. Do we have numbers from the old Wednesday Night Wars on switchover rates? I just remember NXT losing every week

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

It'll certainly be interesting to see how many people go back to flipping back and forth like Raw and Nitro. It feels like there will be less now but IDK. Like I and the other dynamite watchers I know have no interest in nxt and no fed stan is going to watch aew in fear of betraying vince's love or whatever. Do we have numbers from the old Wednesday Night Wars on switchover rates? I just remember NXT losing every week

NXT lost every week but one, but with Collision getting destroyed by WWE shows (with NXT doing by far the most damage) more than football, I think it's a safe assumption that the audience has a lot more crossover than before, and that crossover will choose WWE.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
When NXT moved days, its numbers dropped, implying there was a non-zero amount of people flipping around during commercial breaks or whatever on Wednesdays that just didn't bother anymore.

Nowadays, there is significantly more overlap between AEW and WWE's audiences. And I do not see any universe where that overlapping audience chooses AEW over Cena and Cody.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

projecthalaxy posted:

So does NXT think that if they overload this show and beat dynamite it... disappears? This seems like an all or nothing gamble in a war that can't end that way

I mean if you go by Reddit a lot of fans seem to think this as well.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
There's a point when loading your C show comically hard comes off less like a power move and more desperate and embarrassing and if it's not when you book John Cena it absolutely blows past that point when the loving Undertaker is at the Performance Center.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Drakkel posted:

I mean if you go by Reddit a lot of fans seem to think this as well.

Never go to reddit

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/status/1710341254699999460

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Put Goldberg in nxt whos nxt. guys it writes itself

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Alaois posted:

the fact that they've all vocally said they hate cm punk, probably

Where? I’ve never heard this before.

I’m not calling you a liar, I’m genuinely curious.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

fart blood posted:

Where? I’ve never heard this before.

I’m not calling you a liar, I’m genuinely curious.

Rollins has the clip of him "in character" calling Punk a cancer that nobody wants in WWE.
There are stories of Steen hating him from some ROH show that Punk was at, and Steen subtweeted Punk after Brawl Out with the pic of him vs. Austin main eventing Wrestlemania (Punk's white whale)
Dunno about the Codester but some people think his last promo before leaving was a long passive aggressive shot at Punk

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
I guess it's pretty well telegraphed that Survivor Series will be Jey Uso, Cody, Cena, LAK (plus a mystery 5th) against RR, Jimmy Uso, Solo Sikoa, Priest and Finn?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

rollins followed up the in character interview with this after punk got fired and that clip resurfaced: https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/seth-rollins-cm-punk-helped-me-out-it-pains-me-have-say-bad-things-about-him

quote:

“I don’t need to repeat what I said about Chicago Phil in an interview last week. But if you need to, I’m sure you can Google it. Look, the bottom line is, it’s the same as with Logan Paul. Punk and Logan Paul are two different personalities, but they’re as selfish as it comes. If you’re not gonna help, then I don’t want you to be a part of our industry. I don’t want you to be a part of our company, and that’s all there is to that. Here’s the thing, I’ll say one thing about Punk. I’ll end it on a positive note with him. That guy has given my career so much that it pains me to have to say bad things about him. He helped me out, he really did. He’s been a good guy to me for a lot of my career. But for whatever reason, for the past maybe six-seven years, he’s in a different head space, and we’re not on the same page. To see kind of what he’s done and taken and taken, it’s always been about him, I’m not a fan. I’m just not a fan. There’s a place for him, man. He’s got a lot to give. I just wish his head was in the right spot," Rollins said.

thats probably in character a bit too but he's such a company guy i think he'll play ball regardless

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MJeff posted:

They're trying to get a TV deal for NXT. This isn't anything new. They've been doing it for literal months now.

Beating Dynamite, a program that always wins its night, lets them say "hey, we beat this program that always wins its night. Gimme gimme gimme." to TV networks.

There's also rumblings that with the new rights deal, that they want NXT to go back to going head to head with Dynamite, feeling that it's now strong enough to hurt AEW.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Just like Vince injected a lethal dose of poison when his company was sold to Ric Flair, he’s bringing in CM Punk to kill the company Endeavor stole from him.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1710354237249478918?s=20
what else you doing right now, Randy?

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

[citation needed]

the calls are coming from inside the haus

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

yea ok posted:

Rollins has the clip of him "in character" calling Punk a cancer that nobody wants in WWE.
There are stories of Steen hating him from some ROH show that Punk was at, and Steen subtweeted Punk after Brawl Out with the pic of him vs. Austin main eventing Wrestlemania (Punk's white whale)
Dunno about the Codester but some people think his last promo before leaving was a long passive aggressive shot at Punk

Sooooo not a whole lot of evidence aside from possibly still heat with Steen from the past. Okay cool I figured it was goons jumping to crazy conclusions like they always do again.

For the record I don’t know who hates Punk but a lot of it would definitely be of his own doing.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Odd takeaway from that, there are decades of stories and insider poo poo revolving around the guy, but if you're looking for a Washington Post expose where Kevin Steen says how much he hates him, and you can take that to the print, you're going to be disappointed.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

yea ok posted:

Odd takeaway from that, there are decades of stories and insider poo poo revolving around the guy, but if you're looking for a Washington Post expose where Kevin Steen says how much he hates him, and you can take that to the print, you're going to be disappointed.

It’s also odd to read “Cody might’ve been passive aggressively taking a dig at Punk in his final AEW promo/Seth Rollins might have used his character as a cover to call Punk a cancer (which more logically could just be him throwing shade at the story of Jericho calling Punk that)” and take away from that “both Cody and Seth have vocally said they hate CM Punk” and I’d like something a little more substantive that isn’t through the goon filter.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hearing voices in his head

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The funniest timeline possible is cm punk gets his mania main event replacing Cody

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Learning that Randy used a paid account booster hurts me so, so, so, so, so, so much more than the time he said the N-word.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Grendels Dad posted:

[citation needed]

https://twitter.com/BackupHangman/status/1710297269658890612?t=xiEcOcKsFxyQwuMHIYznSw&s=19

I wonder who the source is :iiam:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
someone oughta tell Randy about the death bird rune farming spot

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Something thats a hoot to me is, that, Haus of Wrestling is just a guy named Nick Hausman right? Like idk maybe it's an LLC and got a friend or wife on staff or whatever but it's him. And who is Nick Hausman? He's a guy as far as I can tell who exists for CM Punk to call and get mad to, and Punk is a leaky weenie who wont say its him saying it. So CM Punk calls Nick Hausman and says this is bullshit im so mad i was chill i was a victim, i bought a round of cheeseburgers for everybody becomes Nick Hausman tweeting "Haus of Wrestling has learned that CM Punk was a chill victim who bought big cheeseburgers for all, according to sources familiar with the situation" And then people write stories about that, and rather than say Punk called Nick Hausman again and said etc they say Nick Hausman of Haus of Wrestling like they're heralding the freaking Lannisters or something

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That DICK! posted:

Something thats a hoot to me is, that, Haus of Wrestling is just a guy named Nick Hausman right? Like idk maybe it's an LLC and got a friend or wife on staff or whatever but it's him. And who is Nick Hausman? He's a guy as far as I can tell who exists for CM Punk to call and get mad to, and Punk is a leaky weenie who wont say its him saying it. So CM Punk calls Nick Hausman and says this is bullshit im so mad i was chill i was a victim, i bought a round of cheeseburgers for everybody becomes Nick Hausman tweeting "Haus of Wrestling has learned that CM Punk was a chill victim who bought big cheeseburgers for all, according to sources familiar with the situation" And then people write stories about that, and rather than say Punk called Nick Hausman again and said etc they say Nick Hausman of Haus of Wrestling like they're heralding the freaking Lannisters or something

It's funny as hell because as far as I can tell, the only reason he's the guy Punk regularly talks to is because he's the guy Punk called out for asking about Colt at Brawl Out and for some reason that's the one time Punk ever felt bad about anything in the last 2 years, making that guy feel bad about being in the spot he decided to vent at

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

CUMFUTTER

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

If Punk is back in WWE he technically is a WWE source

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Chris James 2 posted:

It's funny as hell because as far as I can tell, the only reason he's the guy Punk regularly talks to is because he's the guy Punk called out for asking about Colt at Brawl Out and for some reason that's the one time Punk ever felt bad about anything in the last 2 years, making that guy feel bad about being in the spot he decided to vent at

It's because afterwards Punk learned Hausman fell out with Colt too and Hausman outright lies about their relationship saying he just did improv with Colt a few times. They are mutual Colt haters.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

I have no idea what ftr would want that aew hasn't given them, and their main roster run was among the very worst when it came to vinces late 2010s "humiliate everyone on the roster" phase, so, yeah whatever, bye

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

cm punk is the funniest hypocrite and I can't wait for him do one 'pipe bomb' promo about how much the other company sucks during his wwe return then have matches with the miz until he quits again

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Look, Randy is giving people work and I respect him for it, especially as someone who loving sucks at Soulslikes.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

WWElcome back CMPUNK

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

its gonna be so darn funny if its true cause they cant do any actual programs with him. if they do it will obviously have to involve punk worked shootery and there is absolutely no way to do that without pointing out that he was a miserable wiener who bought ice creams for everybody at the shiny new wrestling company and then had to come crawling back to the big league after everyone hated him and his best friend kept biting people. and if you do that enough times he's going to get mad and fight cody rhodes backstage and get fired for cause. but its either that or gimmick battle royales with cumfarter

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

cm punk being a miserable wiener is the best way to decribe it lol

you can give him everything he'd ever want or ask for and he still gets fired for being a silly prick and I'm here for it however many times he wants to get bounced from somewhere

they're idiots for hiring him back but we all benefit

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

he is going to be the RAW GM. GM Punk

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

a.lo posted:

he is going to be the RAW GM. GM Punk

Adam Pearce should never have worked with the perfidious Colt Cabana

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

CM Punk posted:

This is what Joe Strummer trained me for!

Rudimentary Peni, "Rotten to the Core" posted:

Why is it that rock stars
Always seem to lie so much?
Joe Strummer once said he cared
But he never really gave a gently caress
Said he'd use the money he made
To set up a radio station
To make the airwaves full of something more than poo poo
Have you noticed we're still waiting?

Checks out :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Punk about to finally get that WM main event. This Codyweight and Codywait, brother.