Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Finished ZZ. Final fight between Judau and Haman was epic. Was really happy when Glemy Toto finally kicked the bucket.

Poor Ple-Two/Ples in general. Why can't they be happy? theyre only like 10 years old. gently caress.

overall solid 7.0/10 with a pretty weak first half, but solid, back-to-typical-gundam back half. I dont regret watching it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm glad you liked ZZ. I enjoyed it quite a bit too.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i watched a little bit of gundam 0083 with some friends today

the 2 part kelly plot was pretty unintentionally funny

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i hope my last words aren't "i didn't install the emergency ejection button"

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

I'm glad you liked ZZ. I enjoyed it quite a bit too.

i also like Iino shout outs to him. hes decent in a robot and he's like 6'3", and also really nice

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Neckties on girls are so hot imo

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
judau in space is a really good track

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

verbal enema posted:

I use this thread as a well dumping ground for my extreme emotions.
that isnt this thread's purpose and people who want to make a post about Overman King Gainer (2002) are not a captive audience for it. Venting about your real life is fine but constantly spiraling in here isn't. Nobody here is a trained psychologist or in any position to help you, and that goes doubly for if you barely acknowledge the direct advice you've been given or that people are trying to help you. If you have close friends, PM them one-on-one. If you want a place to post about it, go to E/N.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

saying 'talk to your friends,' 'find people who can help you,' or 'talk to people who are better prepared to give you advice' is, to me, much kinder than having everyone post 'i hope you figure things out :unsmith:' every seven pages

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
shes right

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Incidentally this interview I posted a few pages back before it got buried by stuff... uh... mentions king gainer???

https://fullfrontal.moe/goro-taniguchi-interview/

Anyway I thought it was cool, in case you missed it

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

marumaru posted:

now i want a legit keanu reeves cover of duvet in 2077

*ears perk up*

:weasel:

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I can kinda see why the creator of Sailor Moon didn’t like the original anime. Because as good as it is, there’s some aspects that boiled down to “what fetish did the animators have this episode?” when I hit the third season.

“A volleyball gets possessed to be a SEXY volleyball monster.”

“A puzzle piece gets possessed to be a SEXY puzzle piece”

Like, can you just make a scary monster of the week like from the first season?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

What I'm going to say is that we are all friends here, and unfortunately there are some who don't have much of a support network offline. It's OK to ask for a bit of help or advice here, even if the answer you'll probably get is "talk to your doctor" or whatever. With that said, care is an emotional burden - I get reasonably paid and have access to support to help me manage it in my professional career, nobody has that in the anime chat thread.

What I would ask for is that if you make a post about feeling low or wanting advice you at least do the following:
- Consider posting in e/n instead, as that's the forum for people who want to engage with those topics
- Don't drop a post and then gently caress off for several hours then return like nothing happened. If it's a conversation you want to have at least have the decency to engage with the people trying to help
- Consider use of spoiler tags/content warnings as appropriate.

If anyone gets in a habit of spiralling and loving off, I'm probably going to PM fluffdaddy, because that's abusive to the people here who care

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Thats not targeted at any individual poster, but is instead my thoughts about the last 5-10 pages of this thread

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Why does Namtab have a regular SA gernade?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

??

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Namtab posted:

What I'm going to say is that we are all friends here, and unfortunately there are some who don't have much of a support network offline. It's OK to ask for a bit of help or advice here, even if the answer you'll probably get is "talk to your doctor" or whatever. With that said, care is an emotional burden - I get reasonably paid and have access to support to help me manage it in my professional career, nobody has that in the anime chat thread.

What I would ask for is that if you make a post about feeling low or wanting advice you at least do the following:
- Consider posting in e/n instead, as that's the forum for people who want to engage with those topics
- Don't drop a post and then gently caress off for several hours then return like nothing happened. If it's a conversation you want to have at least have the decency to engage with the people trying to help
- Consider use of spoiler tags/content warnings as appropriate.

If anyone gets in a habit of spiralling and loving off, I'm probably going to PM fluffdaddy, because that's abusive to the people here who care

this is a good post

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

AlternateNu posted:

Namtab is not a mod

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The Britoid is right.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Black Stones posted:

I can kinda see why the creator of Sailor Moon didn’t like the original anime. Because as good as it is, there’s some aspects that boiled down to “what fetish did the animators have this episode?” when I hit the third season.
this is also true of the manga

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The Britoid is right.

a horrible phrase

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Black Stones posted:

Girls are allowed to be monsters too, not just boys :colbert:

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Endorph posted:

this is also true of the manga

I read the manga and i do not remember it going as hard as S is going right now on that train. I know it did sexy monster thing, but S is just pretty bad and lazy in how they do it.

It’s a great show, just something that stands out. I get it though. 100 episodes in you’re just going to take the easiest route.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Mister Facetious posted:

Girls are allowed to be monsters too, not just boys :colbert:

Yeah, that’s not the complaint. The complaint is that the designs veered into incredibly dumb cheesecake instead of the sexy yet cool designs of S1 some S2 ones.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Black Stones posted:

I read the manga and i do not remember it going as hard as S is going right now on that train. I know it did sexy monster thing, but S is just pretty bad and lazy in how they do it.

It’s a great show, just something that stands out. I get it though. 100 episodes in you’re just going to take the easiest route.
oh no, the manga didnt do the sexy monster thing as much but it was definitely just takeuchi's fetishes in other ways

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

The Black Stones posted:

yea it was pretty great

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I don’t like recap episodes (I’m not sure if they’re still common place), and tend to skip through them, but I have to admit there was stuff in the Wolf’s Rain’s recap that reminded me of things I didn’t initially place enough importance on.

Like how when Kiba is introduced, he’s quick to kill at the mere chance of being in danger. “What’s wrong with killing?” when reprimanded by Tsume. Whereas in later episodes he shows restrain, and tries to avoid unnecessary violence. He basically outright refutes his earlier self with something like “I don’t want to kill pointlessly”.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 7, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The problem with the Wolf's Rain recaps is that there are four of them in a row.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

:kstare:

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i mean they're there because there was a sars outbreak in the studio, you can just skip them, they still made all 26 normal episodes

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Tales of Woe posted:

you can just skip them, they still made all 26 normal episodes

But there’s only 26 episodes total. Or am I misunderstanding you?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Rinkles posted:

But there’s only 26 episodes total. Or am I misunderstanding you?

There's technically 30 episodes if you count the recaps.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

dunno where you're watching it but the last 4 episodes were released as an OVA due to them losing the tv slot. should be 30 eps total including the recaps.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Seems Crunchy doesn’t have those

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Rinkles posted:

Seems Crunchy doesn’t have those

Check if CR has a second Wolf's Rain listing for the OVAs. They don't always put everything together under one show listing.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

yeah I had to watch the ovas elsewhere earlier this year

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

Check if CR has a second Wolf's Rain listing for the OVAs. They don't always put everything together under one show listing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I did a quick look and Apple TV looks to have the OVA episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

The Rain expanded universe.