Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I'm sorry, all things in Finland are run by Moomins.

With the mass weddings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

McGavin posted:

With the mass weddings?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007

Fake news. That’s an ostrich egg. Emu eggs are dark green.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Beffer posted:

Finally, someone said it.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Only Russian tourists go to McDonalds when they have Hesburgers in Helsinki.

The Hesburgers over here in Latvia are god awful and I'm not convinced it's much better over in Finland

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Beffer posted:

that video is likely a joke, I doubt anyone would put ostrich eggs in ration packs, but there are both feral and domesticated ostriches in Australia

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Dwesa posted:

that video is likely a joke, I doubt anyone would put ostrich eggs in ration packs, but there are both feral and domesticated ostriches in Australia

Its a cassowary egg. Many bogans died to bring us this egg for ration.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Dwesa posted:

There were 60 Ostrich farms in Ukraine in 2019: https://uatv.ua/en/ostrich-farming-growing-popularity-ukraine/

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If there's any ready-to-eat foodstuff that's known for traveling well and hardily especially in rough conditions with lots of jostling and explosions, it's eggs

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Please let them come in a comically large dozen egg carton

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

yeah, I am sure it's from some local farm

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Data Graham posted:

If there's any ready-to-eat foodstuff that's known for traveling well and hardily especially in rough conditions with lots of jostling and explosions, it's eggs

European chickens are vaccinated against salmonella, and the eggs aren't washed, so they will keep at room temperature for about two weeks. If you packed a few cartons with foam layers into a steel ammunition box, they would travel perfectly fine. And if you can't cook em you can Rocky Balboa it.

Am I the only Egg Understander in here

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Karate Bastard posted:

Yeah that's precisely it, I got laurel yannied hard af and couldn't understand what people were talking about.

Sounds like we need another Malta conference!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Zero VGS posted:

European chickens are vaccinated against salmonella, and the eggs aren't washed, so they will keep at room temperature for about two weeks. If you packed a few cartons with foam layers into a steel ammunition box, they would travel perfectly fine. And if you can't cook em you can Rocky Balboa it.

Am I the only Egg Understander in here

Imagine having to keep your eggs in the fridge like some American. What's next? Chlorine chicken?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I deliberately avoided mentioning refrigeration in my joke

I'm more thinking about "Hey private, load those MREs into the truck" and he hucks armloads into the bed, versus "Hey private, load those EGGS into the truck" and hilarity ensues

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

Arzachel posted:

The Hesburgers over here in Latvia are god awful and I'm not convinced it's much better over in Finland

Ķecerība, they're actually good. But it is an acquired taste, I'll give you that.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I kind of want to make ostrich mayo now. Probably makes like a gallon.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Data Graham posted:

they're supposed to be scrambled. it's fine

spankmeister posted:

I kind of want to make ostrich mayo now. Probably makes like a gallon.

I am curious how they taste, but I'd have to find 10+ like-minded friends to consume the other portions.

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
If you aren't using a gallon of mayo on your sandwich, you don't deserve the mayo. We're revoking your visa

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

tiaz posted:

I am curious how they taste, but I'd have to find 10+ like-minded friends to consume the other portions.

They kinda loving suck to cook all in one go because of how much it is, they taste okay. Just egg.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

tiaz posted:

The egg smell was intensely gamey, unpleasant and overwhelming and I washed it down the sink and made instead a baloney sandwich with a little yellow mustard on white bread.

Bought them from the French supermarket Carrefour in Riyadh - they had piles of them. I had drilled holes on either end of the eggs and blew out the eggs with compressed air to keep the shells so maybe that had something to do with it but I don't think so.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

NihilCredo posted:

That name is outdated, btw. It has since been merged into a subgroup of Hardee's - although some stakeholders think it should just be part of the broader burgerdiversity spectrum.

lol, that's good.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

the popes toes posted:

The egg smell was intensely gamey, unpleasant and overwhelming and I washed it down the sink and made instead a baloney sandwich with a little yellow mustard on white bread.

Bought them from the French supermarket Carrefour in Riyadh - they had piles of them. I had drilled holes on either end of the eggs and blew out the eggs with compressed air to keep the shells so maybe that had something to do with it but I don't think so.

Ah Riker’s eggs

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

the popes toes posted:

I had a similar experience with an American-farmed ostrich egg. It tasted disgusting.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davida...-that-possible/

Ukraine close enough to Tokmak to blow the poo poo outta supply trains

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

drat, if only putin hadn't commited to the plan of letting all russias logistic and military equipment catch fire in a big pile outside kyiv, he might be less upset about this.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

north korea: "stop camping our vehicle spawn" :smith:

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oh yeah. The article is clearly written by someone who hasn't a clue though.

David Axe for Forbes posted:

The apparent construction, by Russian engineers, of a new railway through occupied Mariupol, on the Black Sea coast a hundred miles east of Melitopol, could shift Russia’s overland supply lines through southern Ukraine away from Tokmak—and closer to the coast.

The Mariupol–Taganrog railway won't do poo poo about going through Tokmak, because there's no track further from Mariupol except North.

That's not the point though. The point is to bypass this stretch of railway between Donetsk and Volnovakha that has been under Ukrainian fire control for months. It's a bottleneck that threatens the supply of the Velyka Novosilka front.

Tokmak is most likely supplied either from Crimea or Berdiansk because the overland route from Donetsk is too close to the front.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

spankmeister posted:

I've seen Hesbuger in Estonia, I'm afraid it's made it across the Baltic.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Guys, you do know that we have an official GBS egg thread, right? 🥚🥚🥚

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

is the smash mouth thread even still active

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

is the smash mouth thread even still active

He literally died, OP. He cant eat eggs any more.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

looks like the idea of a nuclear explosion over Siberia was too stupid even for the viewers of Russian propaganda, Marge explains that she does not have dementia or schizophrenia and never said what is recorded on the video

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1711677912913490127

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Dwesa posted:

looks like the idea of a nuclear explosion over Siberia was too stupid even for the viewers of Russian propaganda, Marge explains that she does not have dementia or schizophrenia and never said what is recorded on the video

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1711677912913490127

Floating the idea of nukes over Siberia so you can finally get a natural looking tan.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Hell of a tan for a woman that lives in the North Pole.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Dwesa posted:

I saw the preview image and my brain reflexively tried to figure out what she might have said next...

quote:

...piss since February last year and just started dosing on ketamine.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

'something something US-controlled Norwegian belugas damaged Finnish-Estonian pipeline because there was an old boot somewhere nearby' - Hersh et al. soon

YLE article

also this

https://twitter.com/bayraktar_1love/status/1711700088836260055

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1711694805934215530

Pretty much sums up the 3 day SMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

yo why are you showing 20 month old convoy footage

oh