Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is this the first time Public Safety has confirmed they knew about Asa and War this whole time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Valentin posted:

took me a little bit to figure out what happened but I eventually did: cool poo poo happened this owns

gotta love any chapter with a good clean door shot. I don't think we've ever seen yoshida with a sword, have we?

I'm ready for a full spinoff about the devil name consultant. I have never wanted to know how a fictional character does their job more.

He was carrying a short sword when he first fought Quanxi in part 1, but it accomplished approximately nothing and he was disarmed of it almost immediately.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I need to know how you become a devil name consultant

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
hmm so I guess fakesaw is firmly acting against fami

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The current pacing of things coming to a head is so good. gently caress them church kids. Alot of dominos falling and the return of Asa makes me so psyched.

Fami is orchestrating something, and there is absolutely another party involved.

Devil name consultant is the only job I’ve ever wanted.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh no asa!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Your own arm is the ultimate weapon, the plan is going smoothly

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Supremezero posted:

he was disarmed of it almost immediately.

how the turns have tabled

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
hmmmm....

holy poo poo

Happy Landfill posted:

Whatever the process is, none of us ITT are qualified after the falling devil blunder.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Yoshida is back to being competent because he's now being ordered to solve his problems with violence instead of communication.

He's better at being a weapon than a person.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yoshida about to be exposed as a FRAUD actually

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Yoshida is an extremely competent fighter who was decent against Quanxi he’s just an idiot at managing people he’s like the most “promoted to a job he’s useless at” guy around

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
the yoshida detractors will be ashamed of their words and deeds

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

MorningMoon posted:

Whatever the process is, none of us ITT are qualified after the falling devil blunder.

Well seeing as how they only had one eye and the missing one looked like it had a neat tattoo (edit: on second look, it's probably stitches), I'm pretty sure a contract is involved and they just know names on sight. If so anyone could do it, even us dumb dumbs.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Yoshida is terrible at managing people, as evidenced by all of the zero times Denji has transformed since he was told to stop, and by the fact that his plans are still basically unfolding perfectly.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yoshida used to be funny guy, but now that he cut off arm of main character and "just like me fr fr" asa, i hope he suffers and gets beat up!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Hah. I KNEW we would not be getting Reze this chapter. Fujimoto!!!!! :argh:

Huh, I expected that Flamethrower won't go without a fight, but he just surrendered? So who is still MIA from Chainsawman Church? Fami, Fake Chainsaw and the thing in shadows that was behind them? And the Student Council President, assuming he is not one of the above?

Heh and of course the only things Yoshida is competent at are violence and murder.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Actually thinking about it does anyone in this manga have any useful skills besides violence and murder?

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

YES bread posted:

the yoshida detractors will be ashamed of their words and deeds

yoshida deserves to get his rear end beat by asa, and also quanxi shows up and cuts his head off.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Electric Phantasm posted:

Actually thinking about it does anyone in this manga have any useful skills besides violence and murder?

Denji is an excellent chef

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Kobeni is great at DDR.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Snooze Cruise posted:

yoshida used to be funny guy, but now that he cut off arm of main character and "just like me fr fr" asa, i hope he suffers and gets beat up!

Relax, it'll grow back.

Seriously, girl regrew her fingernail almost immediately during the falling devil arc, regrowing an arm is no problem she just needs to drink some blood to speed up the process. War devil can regenerate like a champ.

Yoshida did a non-lethal takedown that caused no lasting damage and prevented a building from collapsing, he made only right moves here. Also, it looked cool.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Also we’re about to find out how well Asa can regen.

If Asa can regen

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Pochita ate the diplomatic dialogue devil

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Lt. Lizard posted:

Huh, I expected that Flamethrower won't go without a fight, but he just surrendered?

the juxtaposition of his kumbaya chants and yoshida's attack make me think there's some connection between the two

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Relax, it'll grow back.

Seriously, girl regrew her fingernail almost immediately during the falling devil arc, regrowing an arm is no problem she just needs to drink some blood to speed up the process. War devil can regenerate like a champ.

Yoshida did a non-lethal takedown that caused no lasting damage and prevented a building from collapsing, he made only right moves here. Also, it looked cool.

this is correct but still

Snooze Cruise posted:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

stuker posted:

the juxtaposition of his kumbaya chants and yoshida's attack make me think there's some connection between the two

Yeah, I expect that this is not over yet and someone fucks things up for Public Safety next chapter.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I think we might be about to get another attack from a primal fear devil, when the Falling Devil was summoned to earth by Fami it was right as the sun was setting and in this chapter the sun is shown to be setting right as Fami's church is getting hosed up and her weapon minions are getting arrested.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
A big possible clue/confirmation of the theory Fight Club theory. Public safety honcho specifically said "The War Devil Asa Mitaka". Not "The War Devil Contract User/Contractor/Fiend/Hybrid Asa Mitaka", Just straight up "War Devil"

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
You can see someone's true name when you trade half your life to a death God, thought everybody knew this?

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

It is pretty interesting that, if Fami was the one pretending to be the Justice Devil all this time, then she is entirely responsible for Asa Mitaka hosting the War Devil (or awakening to being the War Devil if you're into the Fight Club theory).

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

galagazombie posted:

A big possible clue/confirmation of the theory Fight Club theory. Public safety honcho specifically said "The War Devil Asa Mitaka". Not "The War Devil Contract User/Contractor/Fiend/Hybrid Asa Mitaka", Just straight up "War Devil"

I'd assume Public Safety treats wild (Devil)-Fiends as just the Devil itself for most intents and purposes since the human is supposed to be dead, it just matters bc it will now be human shaped with an odd head thing. The Horseman all look human naturally (apparently?), so Asa's specific situation may not be known or really matter when dealing with her-as-War. They don't call Denji "Chainsaw Hybrid" just Chainsaw(man), they same with Bow and Katana etc

GloomMouse fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Oct 10, 2023

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

GloomMouse posted:

I'd assume Public Safety treats wild (Devil)-Fiends as just the Devil itself for most intents and purposes since the human is supposed to be dead, it just matters bc it will now be human shaped with an odd head thing. The Horseman all look human naturally (apparently?), so Asa's specific situation may not be known or really matter when dealing with her-as-War. They don't call Denji "Chainsaw Hybrid" just Chainsaw(man), they same with Bow and Katana etc

Exactly my point though they don’t call them The Bow/Katana/Chainsaw Devil, they call them just “Chainsaw (Man)” or “Samurai Sword” or Quanxi. Never as “The _ Devil”

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Happy Landfill posted:

Definitely not by being a poster in this thread. That's almost instant disqualification.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

galagazombie posted:

Exactly my point though they don’t call them The Bow/Katana/Chainsaw Devil, they call them just “Chainsaw (Man)” or “Samurai Sword” or Quanxi. Never as “The _ Devil”

I'm saying that a devil hunting organization, when seeing a lady manifest the powers of War, would assume (out of an abundance of caution if nothing else) that she is the actual War Devil going by an assumed name and refer to her as War. That War might be a Fiend or Hybrid version is mostly irrelevant to dealing with her except she'd be weaker in some sense. So it doesn't read to me as a subtle hint to a greater truth. Maybe the fact they skipped over the Contracted possibility could be interesting, but maybe War just doesn't do that kind of contract historically . Idk lol I'm also in the group of folks that couldn't name the Falling Devil so

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

if you had previously worked with makima or in her same organization, and you were aware of a human-looking person exhibiting horseman of the apocalypse devil powers, you might understandably draw certain conclusions.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Happy Landfill posted:

<sees mass of writhing organs and vague teeth and eyeballs, screaming>

ah yes, the student loan devil,

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I really like the implications in this chapter. Devils being able to lie about who they are is pretty interesting since it means contracts can be even more bullshit than we had thought. Either that or someone is able to clone devils. Possibly there is a Clone Devil.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Speaking of Asa, I didn't see anyone talk about it but volume 12 came out physically in English a week ago

https://www.amazon.com/Chainsaw-Man-Vol-12/dp/1974740587

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I really like the implications in this chapter. Devils being able to lie about who they are is pretty interesting since it means contracts can be even more bullshit than we had thought. Either that or someone is able to clone devils. Possibly there is a Clone Devil.

the identity theft devil