Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Mihawk is strong I think.

he's also real and my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If Mihawk is so strong why isn't he Emperor instead of Buggy?

:smuggo:

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Mihawk cannot win against buggy, who is better than him. Shanks, who knows this, has never stopped laughing.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Sega Dreamcast posted:

If Mihawk is so strong why isn't he Emperor instead of Buggy?

:smuggo:

He lacks a PR department.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Desumaytah posted:

Mihawk cannot win against buggy, who is better than him. Shanks, who knows this, has never stopped laughing.

The Laugh Tale....

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Electric Phantasm posted:

Just posting this again cause it always gives me a good laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjpFJaJpSVo

Edit: Nodo don't watch this it has future spoilers

This pronounciation of haki is so similar to "hockey" that when they said "Shanks is a hockey man!" and "You mean a fighter that relies on hockey?" my mind conjured the mental image of Shanks beating people up by slapping pucks at them.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Can Of Worms posted:

This pronounciation of haki is so similar to "hockey" that when they said "Shanks is a hockey man!" and "You mean a fighter that relies on hockey?" my mind conjured the mental image of Shanks beating people up by slapping pucks at them.

I had captions on, and they did caption it as hockey, and that really confused me.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
My favorite thing about people taking One Piece power levels seriously is a lot of them tend to focus on feats and “anti-feats”. Shanks fans will talk about how Mihawk is weak because he let Krieg get away, how he didn’t beat Vista at Marineford, how Zoro survived their fight, poo poo like that. Then Mihawk fans will just say that Shanks lost an arm to a sea king that Luffy defeated in chapter one.

But then smart people will come in and point out that if you go by feats alone then the person who comes out on top ahead of everyone is Buggy D Clown.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

PringleCreamEgg posted:

But then smart people will come in and point out that if you go by feats alone then the person who comes out on top ahead of everyone is Buggy D Clown.

amen

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Buggy D Clown is 100% going to be a thing around the same time the D is finally gonna be explained to cement his status as pirate king in title

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Buggy laughing and explaining that his name is Buggy The Clown and not Buggy D Clown before dropping the bombshell that is the Will of The.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I was rereading the end of Fishman Island and noticed they kept mentioning Jolly Roger flags right after Joyboy’s name was first mentioned and it dawned on me that they must be related somehow.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Buggy rules

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

I was rereading the end of Fishman Island and noticed they kept mentioning Jolly Roger flags right after Joyboy’s name was first mentioned and it dawned on me that they must be related somehow.

Jolly Rogery

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

cobra specifically said the war against the WG would involve flying a flag of some kind. so:

anime was right posted:

a joke guess its a flag because the last time someone visited laugh tale it resulted in a jolly roger

im going to be so loving mad if this shitpost was true

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
today im wondering about the backstory of tequila wolf

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

anime was right posted:

cobra specifically said the war against the WG would involve flying a flag of some kind. so:

im going to be so loving mad if this shitpost was true

There’s definitely going to be a significant flag thing, between jolly rogers and how the Davy Back fight has an option to take their flag, the doctor’s flag on drum island, the WG flag burning, and the skull and bones motif with what people have said about there just being bones left after you die. I bet the clues are all there and we just don’t have enough info to put it together yet.

Wii Spawn Camper fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 10, 2023

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
instead of wars everyone just did davy back fights

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

anime was right posted:

100% this, also D. Avy

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

anime was right posted:

Luffy's wish is to Davy Back fight Foxy again

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

anime was right posted:

this is what the finale will be i am very confident

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

But what I wanna know is who is Binks

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

binks is joyboy and laugh tale is his brewery

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I'm guessing its going to be a flag because collecting other pirate crews flags was Luffy's whole thing in one of the prototypes - now he's going to get The Ultimate Flag.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

God I hope an X marks the spot at some point.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

We still haven't gotten an eyepatch

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Zoro had one but he lost it somewhere

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Arist posted:

We still haven't gotten an eyepatch

It's gotta be joyboy, blackbeard or Luffy

Figure it's blackbeard if he kills shanks

Would be extremely funny if he had one so that when he surrounded himself in absolute darkness he could see, just like how pirates used to

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

anime was right posted:

It's gotta be joyboy, blackbeard or Luffy

Figure it's blackbeard if he kills shanks

Would be extremely funny if he had one so that when he surrounded himself in absolute darkness he could see, just like how pirates used to

poo poo, was that the reason? drat that’s clever.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Concur that the eyepatch person has to be Joyboy. But who knows, I was probably very wrong in Shanks being Xebec's kid. Juries still kind of out on that, but iirc during OP Red's release Oda semi confirmed he was Figarland's kid.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oda said he was saving the eyepatch for someone important, right? Or did I make that up

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Oda said he was saving the eyepatch for someone important, right? Or did I make that up

All the way back in 2007 Oda declared there was one specific character he had in mind that'll have an eyepatch, and to this day we still have no clue as to who that is.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I still bet it's Usopp. If he loses the eye on Elbaf you could even draw a parallel with Odin trading his eye for wisdom.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Usopp being a powerful one-eyed sniper would also be a neat parallel to Shanks being a powerful one-armed swordsman.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Eye patches are the most recognizable feature of a pirate, so I figure Luffy will be the one to end up with it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Luffy's dad has tats, which used to be the sign of a seaman/Pirate, so maybe his mom will have an eye patch.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Gyges posted:

Luffy's dad has tats, which used to be the sign of a seaman/Pirate, so maybe his mom will have an eye patch.

Nah but she does have a cool hook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Garp will return with an eyepatch.