Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

lmfao waiting for klk to get less horny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Lol

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Klk is okay but not that great, and was really overhyped when it was coming out. Also extremely horny.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Crimson Chin posted:

I'm giving Kill la Kill a go. Mostly because of the intro looked neat and the synopsis sounded cool.

Soooo I'm 3 episodes in. Does it get any less pervy? I'm told its supposed to be over the top and all ironic, but man its all the loving time.

Lmao

Crimson Chin
Aug 16, 2005

mister happy turtle is a happy turtle

homeless snail posted:

fuckin lol.

Next on the list is SteinsGate. Quite the change in tone!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There's better Trigger shows.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

There's better Trigger shows.

There are also worse ones.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Anyway, I'm at NYCC right now and I have been in line to get Kaiji Tang to sign my copy of 13 Sentinels for over two hours because people keep coming up to him with like a dozen Gojo Funko Pops each for him to autograph.

Cons rule

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Kill La Kill could have been good

alas

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Crimson Chin posted:

I'm giving Kill la Kill a go. Mostly because of the intro looked neat and the synopsis sounded cool.

Soooo I'm 3 episodes in. Does it get any less pervy? I'm told its supposed to be over the top and all ironic, but man its all the loving time.

gets more

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
11:05: buttslaps continue

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Biggest fault of any Trigger show not called Inferno Cop is that they lack Inferno Cop.

Space Patrol Luluco is the exception.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

klk is great... in gif form

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Crimson Chin posted:

13:30 - far shot of satsuki hanging in the cage
13:34 - shot of satsuki’s feet, ragged and hanging, Ragyo laughing. Panning up to Satsuki’s face until 13:43, without pausing to stare at her boobs like so many other animes
13:43 - close-up of Satsuki’s face (look of rage at 13:53)
13:54 - Looking at Ragyo talking to Satsuki
13:58 - medium-far shot of Satsuki, her body is darkened rather than well-lit. Ragyo gloating
14:11 - beginning of bad touch scene. The lighting of Ragyo is bright, the lighting on Satsuki is dark, guiding the eye to Ragyo, not Satsuki.
14:21 - Four second butt shot
14:25 - Close-up of a look of rage on Satsuki’s face
14:29 - Close-up of Ragyo’s face. Gloating.
14:36 - shot panning downwards from above Satuki’s face to her face. Seven seconds. No cleavage.
14:43 to 15:39 - Backstory.
15:40 - Far panning shot of cage.
15:56 - Butt slap.
15:57 - Shot of Ragyo and Satsuki’s face. This time, the lighting is on Satsuki.
16:03 - Closeup of Satsuki’s face into a close-up of Ragyo’s face. Still enraged / still gloating
16:09 - Shot of Satsuki’s legs from halfway down her thighs and panning downwards.
16:17 - Backwards shot of a bad touch sweeping down from Satsuki’s chest down to her behind.
16:28 - From Satsuki’s face into Ragyo’s face.
16:36 - Butt slap.
16:37 - Far shot of cage. Dark. More butt slaps and Ragyo emphasizing how much she wants Satsuki to hate her.
16:40 - Close up of faces. Butt slaps continue.
16:44 - Satsuki’s face, still mad. Still slapping. Maniacal laughter from Ragyo.
16:51 - End of the scene.

Let's recap -
lots of exposition
no lingering on boobs
lighting that deliberately de-emphasized Satsuki's body
lots of focus on the faces
fostering Satsuki's anger made a part of the conversation deliberately

If you think they spent a bunch of time on Satsuki's body you were paying attention to the wrong loving thing and you're using disgust to justify voyeurism. The scene wasn't fanservice. God drat.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

klk is like a B- action anime with a lot of really gross elements and a story that goes unusually out of its way to build being horny into its themes, to make being horny feel more justified

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Biggest fault of any Trigger show not called Inferno Cop is that they lack Inferno Cop.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I enjoyed KLK up to a point but it eventually reached a bridge too far and I finished the series out of obligation more than any serious enjoyment from it.

Worth discussing for one of the worst parents in anime. There are far worse, I know, but I feel like there's an honorable mention in KLK.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

homeless snail posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ninjewtsu posted:

13:34 - shot of satsuki’s feet, ragged and hanging, Ragyo laughing. Panning up to Satsuki’s face until 13:43, without pausing to stare at her boobs like so many other animes
13:58 - medium-far shot of Satsuki, her body is darkened rather than well-lit. Ragyo gloating
14:11 - beginning of bad touch scene. The lighting of Ragyo is bright, the lighting on Satsuki is dark, guiding the eye to Ragyo, not Satsuki.
14:36 - shot panning downwards from above Satuki’s face to her face. Seven seconds. No cleavage.
15:57 - Shot of Ragyo and Satsuki’s face. This time, the lighting is on Satsuki.
16:03 - Closeup of Satsuki’s face into a close-up of Ragyo’s face. Still enraged / still gloating
16:09 - Shot of Satsuki’s legs from halfway down her thighs and panning downwards.
16:17 - Backwards shot of a bad touch sweeping down from Satsuki’s chest down to her behind.
16:37 - Far shot of cage. Dark. More butt slaps and Ragyo emphasizing how much she wants Satsuki to hate her.
16:44 - Satsuki’s face, still mad. Still slapping. Maniacal laughter from Ragyo.

Let's recap -
lots of exposition
no lingering on boobs

If you think they spent a bunch of time on Satsuki's body you were paying attention to the wrong loving thing and you're using disgust to justify voyeurism. The scene wasn't fanservice. God drat.

this

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Is that from SA?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Arist posted:

Anyway, I'm at NYCC right now and I have been in line to get Kaiji Tang to sign my copy of 13 Sentinels for over two hours because people keep coming up to him with like a dozen Gojo Funko Pops each for him to autograph.

Cons rule

Funko Pop reseller freaks should be rounded up, dumped into a giant pit, and immortalized in cement like E.T. cartridges. cons have started restricting what you can actually get signed specifically cuz of them

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

of course

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Is that from SA?

yes someone posted that in the SA thread when the show was airing as a genuine argument it ruled

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

zorak got mad at you if you made fun of that post

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i fursonally hate it when people use disgust to justify voyeurism

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

going to get my wixoss funko pops signed but instead of going to mari okada's booth I accidentally stood in line for a witch, and then getting cursed to shrink down to funko pop size and also being put inside a funko pop box

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Endorph posted:

zorak got mad at you if you made fun of that post

i'll get mad at him for saying "nia tan is my waifu"

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Rewatched the Maison Ikkoku movie since it has been awhile. Good stuff of course. Something I always love to see in older franchise anime movies is when the character designs are changed up and get much more detailed.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

i'll get mad at him for saying "nia tan is my waifu"
well that one's just true

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Julias posted:

Nope, it's a gross pervy show and it's not doing anything ironically, it's all 100% sincere, that's just the cover zorak and other nerds gave it back in the day so they wouldn't get raked over the coals for liking it.

in general it's really funny how how people tried really hard to pretend that gainax and associates were notably more respectable than other studios while treating anything "like k-on" with suspicion

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

ninjewtsu posted:

Let's recap -
lots of exposition
no lingering on boobs

:agreed:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Arc Hammer posted:

Does SSSS.Gridman count for this

sube
Nov 7, 2022

Contracted covid for first time I am aware of it, it seems. Lots of people i know seem to have symptoms too. Feeling like poo poo :eng99:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Waffleman_ posted:

Does SSSS.Gridman count for this

Technically yes, so it avoids that fault. However it would he improved further by making Inferno Cop an active cast member and also the protagonist.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Motto posted:

in general it's really funny how how people tried really hard to pretend that gainax and associates were notably more respectable than other studios while treating anything "like k-on" with suspicion
I'm glad we're past the rampant moephobia of the zorak years

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

moe ftw

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

sube posted:

Contracted covid for first time I am aware of it, it seems. Lots of people i know seem to have symptoms too. Feeling like poo poo :eng99:

hope things turn around promptly

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

its true

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

didn't post here frequently until like 2 years ago and trying to imagine an ADTRW that dislikes K-On but loves KLK...yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

sube posted:

been going around a lot these past couple months. rest up, sube