Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

I checked the earliest one, the Winter 2005 one, and it has 22 shows listed compared to the current season's 56

Jesus they really did make less back then

the skew towards spring and fall used to be a lot stronger. the spring 2006 one i was just looking at had like 45.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Zorak was a Ple defender and not a Puru poster. His sins are great

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Furnaceface posted:

e: Fries are a bit overcooked but nothing a little gravy and some cheese curds cant fix.

It was the start of poutine fest today so I had plenty of gravy and curds for lunch.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ohtori Akio posted:

one day ill watch hugtto
hugtto used to be my favorite, before hirogaru, gotta watch it

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Meowywitch posted:

What do I watch after chars counterattack

If you thirst for more gundam immediately the obvious follow ups are unicorn and turn a. Hathaway too but that is movie 1 in a trilogy that won't have a movie 2 for another year or several.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Meowywitch posted:

What do I watch after chars counterattack

K-On

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
k-on would be a great re/watch thread

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i blasted through the first season of k-on a while ago and then did not continue for some reason

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

How was the quality though?

winter 2005 had

Air
Aa My Goddess
Negima
Peach Girl
Girls Bravo S2
Sukisyo
Mahoraba
Xenosaga
Futari Wa Precure Max Heart
Starship Operators
Buzzer Beater
Gallery Fake
Jinki:Extend
Damekko Doubutsu
UG☆Ultimate Girls
Masuda Kousuke Gekijou Gag Manga Biyori
Transformers Galaxy Force
Magical Canan
Condor Hero II

Some stuff nobody on earth has thought about for a decade but some of that's pretty good. Gallery Fake FTW.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alV7Y--d9SU incredible op, for gallery fake

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

It was the start of poutine fest today so I had plenty of gravy and curds for lunch.

Owns.

This city sucks so we will never have a poutine fest.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gallery fake also got referenced in hunter x hunter so you know its good

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

yeah this looks good

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

and wait until you see the ed

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Ohtori Akio posted:

k-on would be a great re/watch thread

The last rewatch thread for it was too soon after I watched it for the first time but it's been long enough that I would do this one

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Endorph posted:

winter 2005 had

Air
Aa My Goddess
Negima
Peach Girl
Girls Bravo S2
Sukisyo
Mahoraba
Xenosaga
Starship Operators
Buzzer Beater
Gallery Fake
Damekko Doubutsu
UG☆Ultimate Girls
Magical Canan
Condor Hero II

Some stuff nobody on earth has thought about for a decade but some of that's pretty good. Gallery Fake FTW.

i liked mahoraba if its the one im thinking of and not the other show that came out around the same time with almost the same name (and also the same director and studio to further confuse it)

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the one im thinking of has satomi arai playing a character with 5 split personalities. the #1 show for satomi arai content

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Dangerous Person posted:

The last rewatch thread for it was too soon after I watched it for the first time but it's been long enough that I would do this one

yeah i think we gotta give rewatch time to breathe after these two anyways

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ohtori Akio posted:

imo take a breather until you hunger for more gundam. watch a pretty cure

i suppose me and my wife can switch over to Utena which is what she's been wanting to show me for awhile

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Not exactly anime but I wound up watching the Justice League/RWBY crossover. Shockingly, it ain't good. Too much lore, jargon, and bad quips. It's also an isekai. It's strange that they used the Justice League for this because they get turned into teenagers. Almost like they wanted to use the Teen Titans instead - Batman in particular acts so brazenly out of character it would make a lot more sense if that were meant to be Robin instead. It's also strange that the only DC villain in this is Kilg%re, of all villains. Might not be the deepest cut but that's still pretty dang deep! There's a moment where the Justice League are pondering who could be responsible for isekai'ing them and the list is: Brainiac (that'd make sense), Vandal Savage (huh?), and Kilg%re and it's like, you drop a deep cut like that and I sure as heck am gonna assume that's the one.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ohtori Akio posted:

one day ill watch hugtto

it's epic and my favorite precure, though there's still a couple of notable ones i haven's seen yet, primarily heartcatch precure.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

homeless snail posted:

going to get my wixoss funko pops signed but instead of going to mari okada's booth I accidentally stood in line for a witch, and then getting cursed to shrink down to funko pop size and also being put inside a funko pop box

try not doing that next time

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Southern Cassowary posted:

my nieces were over and showed me how they "glitch the system" to look at whatever they want on their school chromebooks

all the poo poo i'd think of to get around the nanny (chrome dev tools, repl, extensions, etc) got hit already. apparently, the jank rear end program they use to check out ebooks opens a fully featured in-app browser window to show the terms and conditions. the filters and monitors don't hit this at all, so they just open the reader app up and look at whatever they want. i'm still cracking up about this.

lol

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

sube posted:

You‘re so right. Will do o7

:cheersdoge: i'm a first timer in the rewatch and it rules so far

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Endorph posted:

winter 2005 had

Air
Aa My Goddess
Negima
Peach Girl
Girls Bravo S2
Sukisyo
Mahoraba
Xenosaga
Starship Operators
Buzzer Beater
Gallery Fake
Damekko Doubutsu
UG☆Ultimate Girls
Magical Canan
Condor Hero II

Hello I am the Starship Operators enjoyer

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

dang this rules. welcome to my endless list of anime to watch, gallery fake

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Winter 06 has the original gotdang Fate/Stay Night anime

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

symbolic posted:

Funko Pop reseller freaks should be rounded up, dumped into a giant pit, and immortalized in cement like E.T. cartridges. cons have started restricting what you can actually get signed specifically cuz of them
My singular experience with them was five or so years ago when I went to visit home and staffed at MomoCon. I was the handler for the dub actor of MHA's Deku so I kept track of the signature line. One guy came to two signings, both with like 11 or so Funkos for him to sign. It obviously wasn't the VA's first time in that situation, and the Funko guy was very friendly and understanding of the conditions. They even chatted about marker choices and stuff like that. I thought it was kind of weird but everyone seemed cool with it so I didn't bring it up. Sounds it's only gotten worse in recent years though, and I can imagine Japanese guests being weirded out by it.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think my signing annoyance is people bringing bootleg merch to have signed. Like I get why you may pirate or bootleg, there's reasons to do both. But getting artist/talent to sign just is not a good look

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

kirbysuperstar posted:

Hello I am the Starship Operators enjoyer

Starship Operators kicks rear end. It has wicked good space battles. I should watch it again.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hey Billy Bat

whaaaaaaaat?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

:psyduck:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

MOMOcon??? "based" name

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

The Black Stones posted:

Starship Operators kicks rear end. It has wicked good space battles. I should watch it again.

this is a pretty good pitch

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i streamed starship operators a couple months back just as filler and was surprised that it was actually good. I forget what the other show that we had in the lineup at the time but, starship operators probably beat it

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Arist posted:

Anyway, I'm at NYCC right now and I have been in line to get Kaiji Tang to sign my copy of 13 Sentinels for over two hours because people keep coming up to him with like a dozen Gojo Funko Pops each for him to autograph.

Cons rule

I was at NYCC today and got Tom Ruegger to draw me Slappy Squirrel.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Thank you thread for reminding me they did another Ah! My Goddess series in 2005. Urd owns.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Adventures of Mini-Goddess owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Shinjobi posted:

Thank you thread for reminding me they did another Ah! My Goddess series in 2005. Urd owns.

A fine choice