Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

People don’t remember that one manga panel where she has the big rear end and baps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

all those twitter OF girls cosplaying her and then learning she does warcrimes and being appalled ftw lol

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
it's only a matter of time till the makimas are replaced by the cooler part 2 characters like asa, fami, and falling devil

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Ibram Gaunt posted:

all those twitter OF girls cosplaying her and then learning she does warcrimes and being appalled ftw lol

(weeping) but thats the best part

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It was very funny when they had her in Nikke, which is a game built entirely around watching ladies' butts do Live2D bounces, and then put her in a coat that covered her rear end and people got legitimately angry

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That owns

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Live2D looks weird.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

It was very funny when they had her in Nikke, which is a game built entirely around watching ladies' butts do Live2D bounces, and then put her in a coat that covered her rear end and people got legitimately angry

Then they added the ability not to have a coat so they're cowards.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

https://twitter.com/JcnJulian/status/1712602244447719779?s=19

This catgirl is cute

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

Live2D looks weird.
live2d can look really good when its handled well, its just a lot of stuff doesnt handle it well. if you want it looking good check out idolmaster shiny colors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzhiSi0OY4w&t=265s

its just a lot of stuff just uses it to have limbs flail around

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

wtf but that's what makes her cool!!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

wait gently caress there's a 7th one now?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

ninjewtsu posted:

wait gently caress there's a 7th one now?

Came out over a week ago. I've been playing the poo poo out of it. Probably the second best game I the series. The English voice cast does an amazing job.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I caught the end of Jason X on TV.

Is there an anime equivalent to something like that? Just dumb, at times goofy, over the top horror/violence.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

Waffleman_ posted:

The Fate/Stay Night anime being described as "Tsukihime 2: Electric Boogaloo" is wild to me considering what a juggernaut Fate has become

The anime got me into reading the F/SN VN and Tsukihime, so it did something right.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I think only the original VN readers cried tears of blood on the anime, but non source readers wouldn’t know better.

The tsukihime anime (which doesn’t exist) is just bad from all angles

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

Is there an anime equivalent to something like that? Just dumb, at times goofy, over the top horror/violence.

While it's not good Blood-C fits this

And While it is good but not bloody The Lost Village also fits

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Furnaceface posted:

It seems a bit polarizing but I enjoyed Calamity of a Zombie Girl.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

Shiki?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

GateOfD posted:

I think only the original VN readers cried tears of blood on the anime, but non source readers wouldn’t know better.

The tsukihime anime (which doesn’t exist) is just bad from all angles

I haven't watched Deen Fate, but it seems it was at least considered a good enough runthrough of the Fate route that they didn't have ufotable remake it like they did for UBW

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

Baccano has both but generally not at the same time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the fate stuff route in deen/stay night was fine, but they tried to introduce some stuff from the other routes and it didnt really work at all. its still not bad, though

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Yea, guess they didn’t think the other routes would get animated. Because who does that. I think Fate is the only one that succeeded in that.

Other than a couple of random short bishoujo VN around that time.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Reminds me of my friend who was really into Hetalia as a like 8 year old learning about World War 2

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

Another.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Furnaceface posted:

Elfen Lied? I wouldn’t recommend it as a show, but it does have a lot of gore.

Very nice ED, though.

E: not really goofy in the same way a camp slasher movie is, though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

another has some incredibly funny kills

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

And While it is good but not bloody The Lost Village also fits

Jason X is not a good movie, but its also not terrible enough to change away from. So that works.

haypliss posted:

It seems a bit polarizing but I enjoyed Calamity of a Zombie Girl.

Looks terrible but I might still give it a try.

This looks like it might be the closest to what Im looking for. Thanks.

e: Ive seen Another and its kinda sorta there. Im thinking more campy late 80s/early 90s slashers that either took themselves too seriously leading to them being unintentionally funny (Jason X) or ones that had no intention of taking themselves seriously and just rolling with it (Killer Clowns from Outer Space).

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Oct 14, 2023

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Shiki is kind of a slow start but it does go wild if you stick with it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Don't think there's such a thing as a bad catgirl

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Meowywitch posted:

Don't think there's such a thing as a bad catgirl

Pitou?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Pitou is an extremely good catgirl, they were more human by the end of that arc than Gon was lmao

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thinking about the episode of another where the school lets everyone put all their open umbrellas in the hall to dry them out, and there's multiple shots of them panning across the puddle on the floor and the sharp points on the tip and it's like drat can't wait until we get to the "someone slipping on the puddle and getting impaled on this umbrella" factory

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i need to get my mom a better printer that isn't a scam.

she got some cheap HP printer for $30 on black friday a few years ago. The catch is that HP is probably the most un-consumer friendly ever with scam printer cartridges that 'die' or dry out in a few months after only printing like 20 pages. She must have threw like $200 on that thing and only able to print a handful.
I don't think she does much color printer, so I think those inkjet ones are the best I heard, just need to print black/white and can scan/copy

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

if i were printer shopping i'd go in one of two directions:

- get another brother laser printer as i have one that's ten years old and it's literally the only printer i've ever seen that just works and never did anything irritating
- get one of those epson ecotanks that you just dump whatever ink into, no cartridges or toner, the tanks last for thousands of prints and replacement bottles are like 20 bucks. haven't used this but rtings like them and the idea seems sound.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

yea, heard good things about Brother Printers

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm glad they got owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The chiropteran rampaging around the town was the funniest loving thing, and the best part of that show. They really missed the ball by not putting Benny Hill music over it.