Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

our league is pretty risk averse but i dont think a dude who had near top of the league numbers the year before is ever lasting till the end of the sixth lol

i considered taking Ja with the pick I used on bane tbh but i didnt wanna have my 2nd pick on the bench forever making me feel salty. also there is an outside chance he just melts down again i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Yeah, I just had faint hopes people wouldn't want to burn an early-ish pick on a guy who's out til basically Xmas. Obv once he's back in the line-up he's a top-20ish player under our league settings.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I came into my last pick thinking Ja was next but with a week to think about it I opted for Giddey who was surprisingly close in numbers.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

As someone who’s had Ja for a few seasons, he’s probably going to be so good for the games he does play it might as well be a full season.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Ah drat got yoinked

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Aaaaa I hosed that all up lol. I had my next pick as Ja but really want Simons this year and didn't have another pick for a while, so i traded up into position for Simons, only to miss Ja by one pick and find myself boxed into taking Simons too early. Then the run on Cs (Turner Lopez Gobert) boxed me into taking Chet too early with the pick meant for Simons. My next pick is 38 picks from now in the 10th :xd:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

fwiw i really like your simons pick even if it wasnt to plan, hes going to be chucking hard

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Yeah I don't really think it was that bad a pick. He's gonna have a big year.

It's higher than the fleaflicker projections but I have decided the further we go into it the less I like them.

Also I would have picked Chet if you hadn't (when I went to bed my list was Maxey, Chet, [someone I ended up not drafting])

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

With SAS Exclusive Access, go behind the scenes and see inside the Draft Rooms of some Lothlorien GMs:

Casa Rick, where all the ladies can experience "Le Dunk de la Mort"

kalensc's homage to Dave Meltzer, stocked with binders of printed-out boxscores dating back to 1989

Ghost Dog's Genial Domicile, welcoming to all canines be they corporeal or not

rivetz's rowdy ruminating room, where draft day goofs & whoopsies are unfortunately the norm

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
lmao the funny thing is that I looked at that insane house when it was a big meme and was like "I dunno I kind of like it."

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Wow this AI art thing is AMAZING! Here's my team this year:

Don't touch my BADLLS or you might contract LAROITIS!

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

kalensc posted:

With SAS Exclusive Access, go behind the scenes and see inside the Draft Rooms of some Lothlorien GMs:
loving lol

quote:

rivetz's rowdy ruminating room, where draft day goofs & whoopsies are unfortunately the norm

now that's more like it

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Red Rox posted:

Wow this AI art thing is AMAZING! Here's my team this year:

Don't touch my BADLLS or you might contract LAROITIS!

It'll be a cold day in hell when AI can achieve my excellence in photo editing!

Prompt: A doomed Springfield basketball team featuring Frank Grimes, the old guy with initials C and M, the dude way too tall for his car, and the man who is S-M-R-T.

Eh, close enough.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

drat thought Scoot might fall further

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

Rick posted:

I came into my last pick thinking Ja was next but with a week to think about it I opted for Giddey who was surprisingly close in numbers.
I don't know why Giddey isn't ranked higher on draft boards especially given his Year 1 - Year 2 progression. I guess the concern is even if he improves his shooting %s he won't take enough to get him to 20ppg, but even still his fantasy #s will exceed the Ben Simmons hype years, yet he's ranked like 50th-60th everywhere. Great upside pick

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Love that Jabari pick, he could tear it up this year

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I've actually kinda grown to like picking at the turn, even though you have to wait a while, because if I like a guy (like Jabari) but am kind of worried I'm reaching (like with Jabari) I can just remind myself I have like a twenty pick wait and can't count on anyone falling and should just not overthink it

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Yeah I prefer being close to one of the ends to being in the middle

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

rivetz posted:

Love that Jabari pick, he could tear it up this year

I hope so - I picked him in my Yahoo league this year.

The only centers I ended up with were Walker Kessler, Jabari Smith and Ivica Zubacs. I might swap Zu for Adams or Naz Reid or something.

I had a really weird draft, I was like 9th, and Anthony Davis and Dame were available in the first round but I just couldn’t do it. I took Booker instead and it just got weirder from there. I did pick up Ja quite late but not sure he’ll be able to save me.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

Red Rox posted:

I did pick up Ja quite late but not sure he’ll be able to save me.
He'll be one of the best values in the league for where he was picked, he's back like just before Christmas. We all hosed up in letting him drop that far imo. It's about who you have in February

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

rivetz posted:

He'll be one of the best values in the league for where he was picked, he's back like just before Christmas. We all hosed up in letting him drop that far imo. It's about who you have in February

I had planned to take Zion/Ja as a gamble-combo with picks 2.12/3.1

When Zion went a few picks before, I thought about pivoting to Ja/Brown but I fooled myself into thinking folks might be thinking "gotta win match-ups in Oct/Nov/Dec to make the playoffs in Feb-Apr" and opt to pick other players.

Ah well, we shall see!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Yeah I like the Jabari Smith pickup too. He was good second half of last season onward and he's on a team with guys who are a bit more willing passers and a coach who has shown he likes to utilizes shooty centers.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Also thank you for drafting Tobias Harris so I don't have to.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lol it's so hard to accept Chris Paul on even my fantasy team. I'm going to go back to bed before I hit undo pick for the third time.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

vibes based drafting is always right, i will never draft a warrior idc if you pass me steph curry in the tenth round i will simply draft kevin love instead

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Rick posted:

Lol it's so hard to accept Chris Paul on even my fantasy team. I'm going to go back to bed before I hit undo pick for the third time.

If you undo a CP3 pick for a third time then he magically appears beside you via secret tunnel.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

When technology permits us to use images as thread titles, please consider the following submission:

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

lol

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lmao

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

I wondered what happened when I got 3 emails back to back to back hahaha

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Still better than Kobe

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Red Rox posted:

Still better than Kobe

:bighow:

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Lmao

Seconding Rick’s gratitude for taking Tobias Harris, and also thanking Rick for finally sticking with CP3 for the same reason. I waffled for so long on Buddy Hield, and of course I had 2 days to stew on it because Boylendillo was drafting after me

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

(I gotta say the post in N/V made a strong case!)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I extremely don't want to post about this.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

The Maestro posted:

Lmao

Seconding Rick’s gratitude for taking Tobias Harris, and also thanking Rick for finally sticking with CP3 for the same reason. I waffled for so long on Buddy Hield, and of course I had 2 days to stew on it because Boylendillo was drafting after me

Hey!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA35An0mMOY

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Lol

I came to the obvious conclusion that Buddy was such a great pick that it screwed up the whole draft plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

I was steadily getting more annoyed that Luka's position has changed to just PG, but looking at Cleaning the Glass for the last two seasons they have him 100% of his time at PG. But the three seasons before that he was 50/50 as SG/SF.

For a fraction of a second I considered drafting Ben Simmons, cause he might actually be healthy this season and for some reason he can play center? But looking at Cleaning the Glass he has never played any time at PF or C? I'm confused.