Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I feel like the WG is probably not at risk of starvation, the CDs are just extremely mad about not having the luxury food imports they're used to.

that's kind of the same thing for them right? I'd rather die than eat poor people food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CharlestonJew posted:

that's kind of the same thing for them right? I'd rather die than eat poor people food

Can't wait for the CDs to decide that poor people food is now rich people food

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Can't wait for the CDs to decide that poor people food is now rich people food

They already complained about not having lobster!

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

This God Valley incident is shaping up to be an A-list celebrity flashback. Assuming this is also Shanks' origins (I never watched the movie but yall seem convinced Shanks is the God Knight's son), this is going to involve all the original Yonkou, atleast one elder, basically all the CDs, Roger and Xebec (The biggest Ds), and then Garp somehow saves the day. Not to mention the birth of the Revolutionary Army so Dragon's probably showing up too.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Tweet's gone

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

The ultimate devil fruit: Crab Gnocchi No Mi

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Sub Harrison posted:

...Shanks is the God Knight's son...

You mean figarland garling? Colored panels I've seen show his younger self with reddish hair. Good chance that's true

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
What are the chances that one or both of Kuma's parents are shown to be alive in present time?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Flair posted:

What are the chances that one or both of Kuma's parents are shown to be alive in present time?

less than 0

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Flair posted:

Zero 0%

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Flair posted:

It's a flashback, which is the only time that characters who die are dead dead

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Waffleman_ posted:

It's a flashback, which is the only time that characters who die are dead dead

I too used to believe this until Saul

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Flair posted:

exception that proves the rule

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Flair posted:

I dunno the attack was literally ice time capsule then the same person helped Robin immediately after. so they clearly weren't out for blood

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Enjoyed a theory that the CD's are being placated and tolerated by the 5 Elders and Imu because they are eventually eaten by them. Would make sense that they need fresh air and only the finest foods, as that might lead to tasty, tasty treats.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Remembering when Robin cried after finding out Saul is alive :unsmith:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Doctor Syrup posted:

They already complained about not having lobster!

I also am complaining about this tbf

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I wonder if we'll get any information about a previous gum-gum user during this flashback. We already know why Kuma cares about Nika, but it also seems like he must've known about its link to the gum-gum fruit given his actions at Saobody.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I wonder if we'll get any information about a previous gum-gum user during this flashback. We already know why Kuma cares about Nika, but it also seems like he must've known about its link to the gum-gum fruit given his actions at Saobody.

Decent chance we will meet Portagaz D Rouge who uses the gum-gum fruit to be pregnant with a 24 month old later

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Decent chance we will meet Portagaz D Rouge who uses the gum-gum fruit to be pregnant with a 24 month old later

I’ve been saying this for years now and I’m gonna laugh so loving hard if it actually turns out to be true.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Arist posted:

Remembering when Robin cried after finding out Saul is alive :unsmith:

I'm just picturing Kuma highfiving everyone into Elbaph. Luffy and Ussop are jumping up and down singing, everyone else is relatively pumped and robin is also jumping up and down but with happy ugly tears :3:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I want to see someone who has the actual gum-gum fruit and not just what the government called the nika-nika fruit to hide it

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
It's Demaro Black, somehow

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

MorningMoon posted:

I'm just picturing Kuma highfiving everyone into Elbaph. Luffy and Ussop are jumping up and down singing, everyone else is relatively pumped and robin is also jumping up and down but with happy ugly tears :3:

Robin will be laughing "Dereshishishishi"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Drakkel posted:

I want to see someone who has the actual gum-gum fruit and not just what the government called the nika-nika fruit to hide it

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007
Wasn’t Dragon a marine at one point? My theory is he was at God Valley and whatever happened there is what pushed him over the edge into becoming a revolutionary.

vvv

Thanks that’s all info I did not know/ remember. Maybe Garp had him tagging along for the experience or something at the time.

Person Dyslexic fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 17, 2023

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Person Dyslexic posted:

Wasn’t Dragon a marine at one point? My theory is he was at God Valley and whatever happened there is what pushed him over the edge into becoming a revolutionary.

It's never been said that Dragon was a marine, but it wouldn't contradict anything if he was during this incident. 38 years ago He would've been 17 at this point, i'm having a brain aneurysm right now that's the same age as when Luffy sets off on his adventure, anyway at some vague point around Gol D. Roger's death 24 years ago he met with Vegapunk, he hadn't yet started the Revolutionary Army, and two years later he would've started the army. So God Valley Incident is a very solid period of time to show a truly young side of Dragon.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Given how much Garp wanted Luffy to be a marine it wouldn't be strange if he initially pushed Dragon into it too.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
In the same way that Luffy, Ace, and Sabo aren't actually biological brothers I think it's real likely that Garp just keeps adopting stray children of his own just like White Beard did and Dragon isn't his real son either, just like if we followed Coby's viewpoint he'd probably consider Garp his grandfather too

Garp is like, a stray cat mom in the one piece world. Keeps adopting children and grandchildren and loves them unconditionally even if he hates that they're all becoming pirates. He showed the same kind of love with Kuzan too

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I wondered why Yamato was trending and the episode with him in the men's bathhouse dropped. People are reacting as expected.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think Garp looks too much like Luffy to not be blood related to him.

Oda thought he looked like him enough he made him wear the dog mask at first.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Tampa Bae posted:

In the same way that Luffy, Ace, and Sabo aren't actually biological brothers I think it's real likely that Garp just keeps adopting stray children of his own just like White Beard did and Dragon isn't his real son either, just like if we followed Coby's viewpoint he'd probably consider Garp his grandfather too

Garp is like, a stray cat mom in the one piece world. Keeps adopting children and grandchildren and loves them unconditionally even if he hates that they're all becoming pirates. He showed the same kind of love with Kuzan too

we’ve actually never seen two characters that were biologically related to each other except for ace and roger

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

scary ghost dog posted:

we’ve actually never seen two characters that were biologically related to each other except for ace and roger

Is this Usopp and Yasopp erasure?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Finally read the chapter and holy poo poo Kuma's origin 😭

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

scary ghost dog posted:

Ussop and Yassop, Kaido and Yamato, Sanji and both his parents? It's just extremely rare we meet both parents outside of Big Mom's crew, basically everyone is an orphan of some kind, the world is pretty tough

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
goons rock

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I mean out of the strawhats whose parents do we know

Luffy: His father, grandfather
Zoro: Neither parent
Nami: Adoptive mother, who is dead
Ussop: Father
Sanji: Both parents, but was taken in by an adoptive father but his mother is dead
Chopper: A literal reindeer but had two adoptive human parents, of which his adoptive father is dead
Robin: Parents died when she was a child
Franky: Also an orphan
Brook: Actually so old that his parents don't matter
Jinbei: Also old enough that his parents don't matter

VivI: Parents are dead
Karoo: Parents are ducks

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Is Brooke or Jinbei the oldest one of the Straw Hats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Brook