Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Anime Jogo: Sooo, Mr.Nanami *rubs hands together evily* You think you're "God's gift to women", do ya?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Yeah, there's no way Takaba is winning here because it would be too cool of a writing twist to have a major series antagonist taken out by a side character. So we have to have the funny guy lose so like, somebody far more boring can punch Kenjaku to death.

The guy will win and kenjaku will be forced to move his brain to some other lovely body. We will never see the side character again

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

Kenjaku’s about to get a two finger colonoscopy

Reaction shots so hard, the brain just launches into space

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Reasonably certain that Takaba's role is not necessarily to defeat Kenjaku, but to at least dismantle his plan and end the culling game. If Kenjaku oh-so-carefully set it all up to be ironclad by the rules of jujutsu, then call in the clown who seems to completely defy all the rules to put an end to it.

usenet celeb 1992 fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Oct 19, 2023

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The fight is gonna end with Kenjaku running away and spending the rest of the manga keeping away from Takaba.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/herny99999/status/1715026597357731946

Can't wait to watch the latest episode when I get home tonight

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
After the last 30+ chapters I'm very much looking forward to some nonsense.

Edit: A different kind of nonsense I mean.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Oct 19, 2023

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The guy will win and kenjaku will be forced to move his brain to some other lovely body. We will never see the side character again

A proper guilty gear 'Destroyed' wouldn't be inappropriate.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Kenjaku will be forced to call out Mahito in order to Mui Tenpen away this dude's ridiculous technique, but Mahito is gonna Mui Tenpen away some of Kenjaku's techniques in exchange as a 'gently caress you for tricking me back in Shibuya' before Kenjaku can get the genie back in the bottle..

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Mahito was used up by Maximum Uzumaki to create the Culling Game. He's gone for good.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Conspiratiorist posted:

Mahito was used up by Maximum Uzumaki to create the Culling Game. He's gone for good.

Well not for good, like the other disaster curses he should eventually reincarnate.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I could see Kenjaku losing here. He said he wanted to create so much chaos from the culling game that it'd be out of his control. It'd be fitting if some dark horse nobody came out of nowhere to end his role in it while the merger still happened as things are mostly set up at this point. Have his plans go through, but he's denied the satisfaction of seeing the results.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I could see him running away from a variable he can't comprehend

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This is just an excuse to cut away and when we cut back Yuji will have won the fight and we're never told or shown how he did

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
At this point it's impossible to expect anything from this but another fight that doesn't change the situation except for killing a side character but I am begging to be wrong.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Zzulu posted:

If Kenjaku gets pummeled by Plot Device Comedy Man Id love it

Ultimate Might Guy Moment

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
anticipating Takaba no-selling Kenjaku’s open domain expansion and Kenjaku realizing Takaba not only doesn’t bore him but is also on his level albeit in an idiot savant-type way

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Takaba expanding a domain that’s basically an open mic. Kenjaku has to tell a tight 5 to an audience of bored comedians (all played by Takaba).

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Takaba expanding a domain that’s basically an open mic. Kenjaku has to tell a tight 5 to an audience of bored comedians (all played by Takaba).

"Do you know what this is all about, do you know why we're here? To be out. This is out. And out is one of the single most enjoyable experiences of life. People, you know how many people talk about 'we should go out'? This is what they're talking about. This whole thing, we're all out now, no-one is home, we're all out. There are people out there trying to find us they don't know where we are."

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

takaba just wrecking kenny would be a funny counterpart to sukuna/gojo

people have mentioned plot armor but one of the two/three characters with the deepest connection to him, gojo, is dead. i don't think i expect it to play out, but i could see it happening because sukuna still functions as a big bad. takaba could just wander off afterwards

stuker fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Oct 20, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
could be time for a new host, you never know

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
If Takaba beats Kenjaku then all is forgiven

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The anime made the Yuji Choso fight insanely cool. Cooler than it already was

Char
Jan 5, 2013

we can only hope anything post-Shibuya is handled by the same team

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Choso's breakdown is so well done

https://twitter.com/konoraora/status/1715082441671750014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That is extremely good.

(I admit that I get the memory thing but I also find the memory thing so weird.)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
We still don't have a solid explanation for how that happened yet, right?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Shinjobi posted:

Nope, but we're probably gonna get one soon.

Also am I remembering right that Gege has stated what happened to Todo and what happened to Choso are two different things even though it's literally the same thing?

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Todo has a 530,000 IQ, he can create his own memories as he sees fit.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

The answer genuinely appears to be "it just happened." It was confirmed in interviews that it wasn't due to any kind of curse technique or special ability or anything. The fact it happened with Todo and Choso for different reasons is just apparently because Todo is Todo and because of the whole weird 'technically a brother' thing for Choso and Yuji.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I liked the theory someone floated that grandpa accidentally cursed him when told him to be surrounded by friends when he's on his deathbed. It would be the weirdest swerve but it cracks me up too much to turn down completely.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Nope, but we're probably gonna get one soon.

Also am I remembering right that Gege has stated what happened to Todo and what happened to Choso are two different things even though it's literally the same thing?
I never considered they'd be the same thing. I thought Todo was just being silly and imagining a world where Yuji was his best friend and Choso is 100% certain that this actually happened.

That being said I can totally imagine thinking they were related and once you suspect that wow is it hard for Gege to satisfactorily explain that they arent.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 20, 2023

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Shinjobi posted:

I liked the theory someone floated that grandpa accidentally cursed him when told him to be surrounded by friends when he's on his deathbed. It would be the weirdest swerve but it cracks me up too much to turn down completely.
I liked this idea too.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

could be time for a new host, you never know

Honestly Geto's body is far too valuable for Kenjaku's current plants. If anything he will bail should Takaba prove to be too tricky to handle and pose a legitimate threat.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

i never thought about this reading the manga but the anime makes it seem like an extremely prominent and important moment, so i agree with the caveat that it wasnt an accident

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Shinjobi posted:

We can kind of piece it together for Choso.

The Death Paintings existed for 150 years in a vaguely aware, half-alive state, connected to each other and presumably their parents (inc. Kenjaku while he inhabited Noritoshi Kamo) via their shared Blood technique. They didn't truly become "people" until incarnated, at which point they processed the experiences of their embryonic life using the information from their host brains as context. This is how, even though newly born, they were not only fully functional but also possessed a genuine sibling bond and a hatred for Kamo, as they *knew* how much he'd made their mother suffer even though they had just been specimens in a jar at the time.

Given his entire life until incarnated was something like a dream, it makes a twisted sort of sense that the shock of realizing his connection to Yuji caused Choso to start rewiring new memories in to fit with that idealized notion of family he'd conjured up as the basis for his sibling bond. And it hosed him up good on top of the guilt of almost killing his own brother.

For Todo, Gege said that was just Todo being Todo.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Doesn’t Choso himself say it’s because his technique gives him a natural affinity for anything relation-related?

As for Todo,

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Todo has a 530,000 IQ, he can create his own memories as he sees fit.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I miss todo. I hope him and Nobara are coming back soon

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Todo's head will be grafted to Nobara's body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Todo's head will be grafted to Nobara's body.

You joke, but the story did establish that Todo can still use Boogie Woogie so long as he can make his hand touch another hand. I'm not saying she doesn't need her own hands. But Todo does have a classmate that can put stuff in stasis and I assume this also stops decomposition. He could definitely be rocking a new hand next time we see him.