Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

Grace Baiting posted:

immanentize the tormenton

buddy,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Video Nasty posted:

elanor rigby
My wife's fajitas
sit on the table
and wait for their cheese.
Whom will they feed?
Our Texas wait staff
looks out the window and
stares where she sits.
- Eighteen minutes -
All the lonely peppers
no cheese they just aren't done

i enjoyed this.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

fart simpson posted:

my company just annoucned something called "healthgpt". idk why anyone would trust a speaker company's machine learning healthcare solution

Because poor people might splurge on a fancy speaker but there’s no way they can ever afford to see a doctor.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

idk/idc if this counts as tech bubble but chome has updated to put an arrow in the upper left hand corner of the window

all it does is pop open a little window with search/currently open tabs/recently open tabs, which nobody loving wanted. also you can't even click the most top-left pixel to activate it, you have to click inside the rounded rectangle. thanks for killing my ability to quickly pop back to my first pinned tab, assholes!

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

just lmao if your tabs aren't in a massive tower on the left of the screen, with nesting yet still too tall for the screen to contain

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

quiggy posted:

thanks for killing my ability to quickly pop back to my first pinned tab, assholes!

cmd/ctrl + 1 jumps to the 1st tab in firefox, probably also in chome

should work for numbers 2-8 as well

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

BMan posted:

just lmao if your tabs aren't in a massive tower on the left of the screen, with nesting yet still too tall for the screen to contain

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

who could possibly foreseen that esports were a bubble?

quote:

Gaming analytics and esports brand company Gamesquare, which counts Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones as one of its investors, is acquiring the struggling gaming influencer group Faze Clan. The all-stock deal is worth about $17 million, Bloomberg reports, a steep drop-off from Faze’s $725-million valuation at the time of its special purpose acquisition company, SPAC, merger in July of 2022.

Since the SPAC made it publicly traded on the Nasdaq exchange, Faze Clan, like much of the esports industry, has struggled, with the company posting a $28.4-million loss “through the first half of 2023,” according to Bloomberg. Last month, Faze Clan’s troubles reached an inflection point that led to the firing of CEO Lee Trink, who once compared the company to the rise of hip-hop during an interview on The Vergecast.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
important to note that on top of esports being built on sand, faze clan specifically is struggling because it's full of toxic rear end in a top hat gamers

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

you couldve just said gamers

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

4lokos basilisk posted:

cmd/ctrl + 1 jumps to the 1st tab in firefox, probably also in chome

should work for numbers 2-8 as well

What to I do for tabs 9-57?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Soylent Pudding posted:

What to I do for tabs 9-57?
I guess you just need to upgrade to a 146% keyboard

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

lifehack: did you know you can go to a tab, read what's on the web page then close it?

mystes
May 31, 2006

qirex posted:

lifehack: did you know you can go to a tab, read what's on the web page then close it?
false, like many lifehacks

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

qirex posted:

hosed up if true

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

quote:

Faze’s $725-million valuation [...] in July of 2022.

l m a o

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

you can also close a tab without reading the web page but this is an advanced move

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

tabs are just fancy bookmarks

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

rotor posted:

tabs are just bookmarks

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I'll read them eventually I swear

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

rotor posted:

tabs are just fancy bookmarks

Tabs = hot bookmarks
Bookmarks = cool bookmarks
Word document with URLs = cold bookmarks

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

page open in second browser = hot-swappable bookmarks

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

tabs = hot bookmarks
Firefox places database = cold bookmarks
bookmarks = legacy browser feature you haven't touched in 15 years

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

bookmarks are good imo

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

bookmarks are good imo
also good? whiskey sours

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

tab hoarders are freaks

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

quote:

Faze’s $725-million valuation

https://fazeclan.com

$17m is still too much; c’mon, pop harder.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

i worked with one of those tab hoarding x-men mutants, and he had a area of influence system where he knew generally the area along the top where the 2 pixel tab he wanted was and the cycled through them with ctrl+tab to get that fine grained control

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Sweevo posted:

tab hoarders are freaks

keep posting, im holding down ctrl+tab and letting 50 tabs i havent touched since the last time i restarted my browser reload

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Sweevo posted:

tab hoarders are freaks

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Sweevo posted:

tab hoarders are freaks

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Sweevo posted:

tab hoarders are freaks

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Look at all these high and mighty posters who's brains have sufficient dopamine.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

bravely closing a tab as if i don't have crippling abandonment issues

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

...what if i can never find that page of the aws documentation again :ohdear:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

but those times when youre troubleshooting something hard and then you finish and you have 100 different tabs of official documentation/stackoverflow questions/reddit posts/listserv arguments/bugtracker pages open and you get to close them all at once? great feeling. one of the best in this job.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
pro tip: command + w is the shortcut to add a tab to the secret hot tab cool bookmark menu

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

Roosevelt posted:

pro tip: command + w is the shortcut to add a tab to the secret hot tab cool bookmark menu

some of you clearly don’t get it. you can make cool bookmarks from multiple hot tabs.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

post hole digger posted:

...what if i can never find that page of the aws documentation again :ohdear:

no, you can, just type some words from the title into the address box and Firefox will find it in your history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

yeah let me just remember something. like words that might have been in a page title. you people dont know me at all.