Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Korpisalo is much worse than Anton Forsberg.

Imagine if they’d just stuck with Forsberg and Gustavson 2 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

bub spank posted:

Korpisalo is much worse than Anton Forsberg.

Imagine if they’d just stuck with Forsberg and Gustavson 2 years ago.

Weird how everyone seemed to know he sucked other than Pierre Dorion. This is his eighth year on the job and he's still coasting on Karlsson carrying a team he had nothing to do with building to the ECF. They haven't made the playoffs since. When is it the end of the line for him?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/nhl/status/1715810119781322833?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

Weird how everyone seemed to know he sucked other than Pierre Dorion. This is his eighth year on the job and he's still coasting on Karlsson carrying a team he had nothing to do with building to the ECF. They haven't made the playoffs since. When is it the end of the line for him?
I couldn't tell you what Andlauer thinks but as a new owner he really has no reason to be beholden to Dorion and he did hire Staios who wouldn't have any affinity towards him either.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Cartoon Man posted:

Has anybody else tried to copy it yet? He’s been doing this successfully for like more than two years now. Is it hard as gently caress to do?

jt miller does it too

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yeah the Red Wings are going to be big contenders, assuming they're going to continue playing rocket boosted high flying teams like the Penguins, Jackets, Senators, and Flames all year

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Feels like the Sens got goalie’d today, both ways. Wings had a brief period of sustained pressure in the early second, but other than that it was all Sens at 5v5 and nothing went in, including a bunch of posts, while everything Detroit sent at Korpisalo went in, especially on the short side.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
After signing/trading for Cam Talbot, Matt Murray, Anders Nilsson, Mike Condon…what made them think Pierre Dorion had any idea how to evaluate goalies let alone sign one for 5 years lol

Add that to the $5mil~ of dead capspace due to him signing and buying out Colin White, Matt Murray and Michael Del loving Zotto, plus not having cap space to sign Pinto…curious how new management views him

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oh yeah? Well the Caps have …

three.

Three goals total, of any kind…

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I'll probably be going to that flyers-red wings game in December so I'd rather Detroit suck complete rear end so I can see a win for the first time in years lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Got to see Bryan Bickell score his last goal, that was nice i guess

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

So tonight either OEL is going to score the game winner (possibly completing his hattrick), or be directly responsible for 4 goals against.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VOTE1 posted:

So tonight either OEL is going to score the game winner (possibly completing his hattrick), or be directly responsible for 4 goals against.

Erik Karlsson has 3 Norris trophies doing that.

Justice for OEL.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Mid-Life Crisis posted:

The players are fine. Levi and Benson are fine, they are not being ruined. I’m tuned out until the coaching changes.

Granato isn’t the problem, he is fine. He has done a great job developing the young guys and understanding their strengths/weaknesses. The good players aren’t playing well, hope that helps.

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Granato isn’t the problem, he is fine. He has done a great job developing the young guys and understanding their strengths/weaknesses. The good players aren’t playing well, hope that helps.

Erik Johnson after three games is saying nobody knows what they’re doing on defense is the exact opposite of fine.

He can develop all day but he can’t coach.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Rasmus Anderson got 4 games which good

Travis Dermott using pride tape today. ALSO GOOD

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Mid-Life Crisis posted:

Erik Johnson after three games is saying nobody knows what they’re doing on defense is the exact opposite of fine.

He can develop all day but he can’t coach.

lol ok

Sabres are back, baby

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
If Erik Johnson says your team sucks at defense, does that actually mean they're GOOD at defense?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Well Habs give up yet another 2 goal lead and late game 6 on 5 goal, but it allows Caufield to notch another game winner and keep his nearly goal a game pace so I guess all's well that ends well.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Misanthrope posted:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1715745861118922831

He'll probably get a game or two, it was a stupid hit... especially given the time left and the score.

Gawd what a dull, uninteresting hockey game that was.

Didn't see it at the time, but they gave him a five for it when it happened.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Rasmus Anderson got 4 games which good

Get hosed, Andersson.

You're good people, Travis.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

grack posted:

If Erik Johnson says your team sucks at defense, does that actually mean they're GOOD at defense?

They were good tonight. Erik Johnson has also been good in his five games so far, so :shrug:

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Kale posted:

Well Habs give up yet another 2 goal lead and late game 6 on 5 goal, but it allows Caufield to notch another game winner and keep his nearly goal a game pace so I guess all's well that ends well.

Was at the game, love that kid.

Caps really do look to have fallen off, wow. Wilson especially, I had to check at one point during the 2nd to see if he was even playing. I do respect their powerplay strategy of "try to give Ovi the puck", even if it doesn't work.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Caps really do look to have fallen off, wow. Wilson especially, I had to check at one point during the 2nd to see if he was even playing.

Extending Wilson was the stupidest decision possible but also I get why MacLellan extended him because the fanbase would have gone apeshit if he was traded away since Capitals fans are morons.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

It's refreshing to watch a Columbus team that isn't hot garbage.

Elvis was off tonight for the first time this season, but I wonder if he's still under the weather because his first two games were solid.

Jack Roslovic strikes me as someone who doesn't want to leave his hometown for the West coast.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Flyers lose a fun one but man Errson had me worried all game

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I did not see the game tonight but 2-3 is a pretty wet fart of a start after all that retooling in the off season.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

I did not see the game tonight but 2-3 is a pretty wet fart of a start after all that retooling in the off season.

I was going to say its not necessarily bad but I just looked at the first 5 teams Pittsburgh played to start and... yeah, not good. Looks like the Pens give up a lot of late game goals too?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Was at the game, love that kid.

Caps really do look to have fallen off, wow. Wilson especially, I had to check at one point during the 2nd to see if he was even playing. I do respect their powerplay strategy of "try to give Ovi the puck", even if it doesn't work.

Yeah it's pretty noticeable. Curious to see whether Pittsburgh or Washington has fallen off the hardest after this season is done and dusted. Ovechkin also kind of needs to get it going again soon if he wants that all time goal record from Gretzky as well. I don't know how many years he has left in him and before the big drop off finally happens if it isn't going to happen already this season, but I would imagine he needs at least another couple 30 goal seasons here and now. If he can't get 30 this season I don't know if he can do it anymore and it might be tricky if this is as good as the Caps get this season. I didn't get that sense of inevitably that Ovechkin was going to score on the power plays they got this game at all really. In fact the only reason this game even felt like it went to overtime is the Habs just suck beyond measure at 6 on 5. I don't even think the Caps net had been empty even 3 seconds before they potted the tying goal.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Ovi really needs to get close to 40 this year to have a shot at the record imo. Even if they're like 90% empty netters and PPG. Father Time is already coming for him and it's only gonna get worse.

And yeah, this current Caps team looks godawful. They really should've traded Tom Wilson for a haul of prospects and picks.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://x.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1715946413245223183

Game isn't over yet but Panarin and Chytil are on fire.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Ovi's going to get it one way or another, but it would be nice to see him do it in style instead of having the puck bounce off his rear end like old Jagr.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the Edmonton Oilers are dogshit garbage

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Do we need to have an intervention with Pacific Division or something? They're is an awful lot of dogshit and garbage going on there currently.

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

They were good tonight. Erik Johnson has also been good in his five games so far, so :shrug:

Comrie wasn’t a total screw up for once. Wonder if injuries really all it was last year. And why they bother holding onto UPL any longer

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Simplex posted:

Do we need to have an intervention with Pacific Division or something? They're is an awful lot of dogshit and garbage going on there currently.

Compared to a couple of seasons ago it’s much improved!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Headline this morning:

““NHL to review use of pride tape as possible violation” “

The absolute dumbest league.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Bard Maddox posted:

the Edmonton Oilers are dogshit garbage

So they're back, baby?

McDavid: Ow my back, baby

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

ThinkTank posted:

So they're back, baby?

McDavid: Ow my back, baby

https://twitter.com/dimfilipovic/status/1715938257845055680?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

They’re back

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Simplex posted:

The 5-0 VGK are very happy with the current circumstances and would appreciate you paying attention to the more stylish divisions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Caps were not as bad last night as they have been. They did not play a complete game but Ovi came alive and looked like he normally does. Kuzy too…at times. Wilson still just loving around out there. There was a lot of awful puck luck for them and the refs were complete dogshit rear end.