Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

this is how shuro can still win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
drat knee perverts

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

VideoWitch posted:

I mean the adventurer's bible just straight up says Falin has no romantic feelings for Shuro

Didn't it say she was considering marrying him anyway, since she believes she has no other prospects?

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Nebrilos posted:

Didn't it say she was considering marrying him anyway, since she believes she has no other prospects?

Well now she has all the prospects because she is sister to the king and has kickass dragon DNA.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Wonder if that dragon DNA will affect her lifespan at all, maybe she can chill out and keep Marcille company over the centuries.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Nebrilos posted:

Yes, but its clearly like something she thought in the moment and not a current consideration, and underlines again she wouldn't go through with it because she has no feelings for him.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

also the final reason Shuro has no chance with Falin is he's too much of a coward to be down with her cool feathers

VideoWitch fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Sep 28, 2023

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

VideoWitch posted:

down [...] feathers
:hmmyes:

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://youtu.be/9O3Rgriketo?si=_KAqedpoDJIVAcnl

2 seasons confirmed

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i wonder how far they'll get, the most natural place to end would probably be around chapter 38? they can probably get there

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Kui illustration to celebrate

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
red dragon and aftermath is going to be so freakin hype...

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

senshi after red dragon fight: I’m glad I didn’t eat my friend :cry:

senshi after winged lion fight: I’m glad we’re going to eat our friend :colbert:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The supporting cast were all excellent, and I hope there may be occasional glimpses of what they get up to post-story. Most of the other adventurers and locals would presumably end up in the kingdom, so seeing more of that would be fun.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Over under on there being an extra about Otta hitting on Chilchuk's daughters

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Wonder how far they'll get with two cours, the Red Dragon makes an obvious stop for the first one - maybe the end of Book 7 with the Canaries showing up on the island and Senshi's backstory?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Good trailer. Looks much more 'Trigger' than the manga preview, which is interesting, but it still mostly keeps to the manga's style.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Yeah, the most natural stopping place for the first season would probably be right after they defeat the red dragon and resurrect Falin the first time. That's only like 5 volumes though out of 14. Might read the series again to see if I can puzzle out a pacing estimate.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

My guess would be s1 finishes with red dragon and a sequel hook hinting at Falin’s new nature, s2 finishes with Marcille making her contract with the Winged Lion, cap it off with a movie taking it to the end

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Make it 3 2-cour seasons and just have filler episodes were characters walk the runway in modern clothes

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Scholtz posted:

Make it 3 2-cour seasons and just have filler episodes were characters walk the runway in modern clothes

Also adventures with the other parties we see in the series including a whole episode that just follows Izutsumi being a cat.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Wrong thread

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Oct 7, 2023

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

no

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

It's been a week, where's the new chapter? :confused:

:negative:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Anime soon. :toot:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Good Smile announced some Dungeon Meshi stuff in anticipation of the anime.

nendos of the crew, hell yeah

marcille statue with a bunch of referential stuff, love the little bird familiars :3:

and...a pretty mundane falin statue. like falin is an important character to the story, but I guess I was hoping for a statue of one of the other main crewmembers first before a falin statue, like laios or senshi

hoping with the inevitable wild success of the anime we get a winged lion statue among other things

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
um... its obivously so you can put them next to each other, duh!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah yeah yeah, I'd rather have the main crew get statues/figmas/whatever first tho

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
how morally wrong of you

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
mcguffalin

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Laios monster form plushie or bust. :colbert:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Also, they're probably saving the other Falin form for after because it is a bit of a spoiler.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

You're really gonna call Falin a meaningless plot-mover after all the flashbacks they do to elaborate on exactly why Falin was so important to everyone???

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I think they just liked eating monsters and were looking for an excuse tbh

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Scholtz posted:

I think they just liked eating monsters and were looking for an excuse tbh

Well, Laios was.

Everyone else just kind of got dragged along.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

mdct posted:

You're really gonna call Falin a meaningless plot-mover after all the flashbacks they do to elaborate on exactly why Falin was so important to everyone???
nah I was just pushing buttons lol

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

mdct posted:

I think it's kind of a complicated situation, myself.

All of that is there, and it's done well, so I don't want to insult the manga at all. Falin's a good character, and the story does a good deal of fleshing her relationships with everyone else. However, her role in the story, for the most part, is basically a McGuffin gig. They're going down to rescue her, and we get enough to care more, but most of the time, they could be going down for Laios's lost wallet and the plot would be pretty similar.

So, she's basically one of the best executions of the function, but she's still pulling the same duties. Just showing that it doesn't have to be done poorly.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
falin's great during the very brief periods she's around at all. but well, the story's about the people doing the adventuring and not her.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Falin, in many ways, is the Laura Palmer of Dungeon Meshi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

fire wok with me