Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

some kinda jackal posted:

Here's a helpful list, you disingenuous piece of poo poo:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_reactions_to_the_2023_Israel-Hamas_war

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.

only absolute unanimity is acceptable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

RC Cola posted:

Its just wild to me how much they want the end times? Like theoretically when they die they'll go to heaven anyways and be with people they love. But they are so full of vile hatred that they want to end the world so everyone dies and or is tortured forever for not believing their specific thing hard enough. Can't wait to die normally so I have to take everyone with me ~evangelicals

it occurs to me that it's a similar thing to how propaganda doesn't actually have to be convincing if you agree with the basic premise. they just want death

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

spacetoaster posted:

So is there another massive rocket attack goin on right now?

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1716817644068958232

Is this dude trustworthy?

yeah Google Maps has listings for each rocket attack, you can leave reviews

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
Since all the tenders have been decommissioned, do those destroyers have to travel back to base to reload?

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Literally doing the old antisemitic trope thing where the number keeps going up

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

spacetoaster posted:

He's got a blue check. And his name even says osint. Obviously real.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
OSINTDefender specifically said he has no [more] sympathy for Palestinians on October 8. I wouldn't trust the dude if he said the sky was blue.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1716879350879125690

sea tunnels you say

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

spacetoaster posted:

Osint accounts are essentially like relying on a random redditor for information.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/inthesedeserts/status/1716767972939694586

https://twitter.com/syforlondon/status/1716768429409964152

https://twitter.com/syforlondon/status/1716769339116810415

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

aren't all the osint type guys just state department lackeys like brown moses?

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Need to pump the Israel sympathy a bit with some attack misinfo

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Pistol_Pete posted:

Would be particularly interested in any analysis on whether the delay in invading Gaza is down to it just taking a while to organise that sort of thing, or whether the IDF genuinely doubts that they're capable of doing it successfully.

that's probably not something you're going to see writing on until long after. at least not publicly avaiable academic stuff. if you want the equivalent you're best off looking for articles from maybe 2022, more likely 2019 and previous events. FF absolutely has some stuff off the top of his head im sure he'll send you if he sees this. I can maybe help dig stuff up if you have any particular events in mind but I don't otherwise know which authors/groups would be a good starting point other than maybe https://forensic-architecture.org/ for the more recent "who did that warcrime" stuff.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
This is really powerful... imagine 1644 billion humans at that table :weed:

https://twitter.com/yaelbt/status/1715322731233739117

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

smoobles posted:

yeah Google Maps has listings for each rocket attack, you can leave reviews

the OSINT defender guy is bullshit but resistance-aligned Telegram channels are reporting a shitload of sirens going off across that region over the last few hours

that doesn't mean there are actually rockets coming to those places, though, it just means the Israelis think one might pass nearby

both Israeli and Palestinian sources are also reporting that there is still fighting ongoing outside the wall north of Gaza, and that mortars and rockets were launched in support of that, but it looks like they were mostly aimed at that specific military base and not just launched everywhere

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Pistol_Pete posted:

Would be particularly interested in any analysis on whether the delay in invading Gaza is down to it just taking a while to organise that sort of thing, or whether the IDF genuinely doubts that they're capable of doing it successfully.

the delay is at a political level

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Al-Saqr posted:

What is it with these people and Multiplication.

terror works like the kaio-ken attack, you have to power it up in multiples of 9/11

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Evangelicals need Israel to exist to bring about the apocalypse as they interpret it from Revelations. As such there are nearly 90 million people in the US that adhere to a religion that has that interpretation. The Left Behind books and poo poo were no accident. With that many people in the US, there are a whole bunch of people who are quite literally compelled by God to support Israel without hesitation and to any end. This includes violence and war because one of the triggering events for the Tribulation is Israel being involved in a "great conflict"

Man it loving owns that a fever dream from 18th century America is the most popular interpretation of Revelations because it makes for more interesting movie plots.

Revelations is a series of letters from John to the seven early churches in Asia Minor telling them to keep the faith because they will be rewarded by God after their suffering through persecution. 666 was the mark of the beast because Neron Caesar (or Nero Caesar) written out in Hebrew could also be added up to that number. But it's a bible belt pasttime to try to predict and/or bring about the resurrection of Jesus even though it's expressly forbidden in the bible, as man was not meant to understand God's plans.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Mister Bates posted:

resistance-aligned Telegram channels are reporting a shitload of sirens going off across that region over the last few hours

in retrospect the Hanggliding World Championships should have been delayed, or relocated to another host country

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Open Source Intelligence :psyduck:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Pistol_Pete posted:

https://www.durham.ac.uk/staff/robert-geist-pinfold/ something like this guy's work might be what you're asking for? https://doi.org/10.1093/isp/ekac013 'Security, Terrorism, and Territorial Withdrawal: Critically Reassessing the Lessons of Israel's “Unilateral Disengagement” from the Gaza Strip' actually sounds like it fits. and there's no paywall

Abstract posted:

In contemporary Israel, the apparently negative consequences of the 2005 “unilateral disengagement” from the Gaza Strip have fueled a perception that leaving territory harms national security. Three claims underlie this framing: (1) domestic Israeli political considerations—not national security concerns—caused the disengagement; (2) Israel abandoned territory without receiving any compensation; and (3) leaving Gaza only precipitated further terrorist attacks. This article challenges these claims. It argues that domestic dynamics alone do not explain the withdrawal. Instead, Israel withdrew to mitigate its casualties, yield foreign policy gains, deter and deny terrorist groups, and avert a perceived demographic threat. The disengagement did not seek to resolve the Israeli–Palestinian conflict. Instead, through a limited territorial exit, it sought to stabilize the conflict and stymie negotiations with the Palestinians. In contrast to dominant perceptions, Israel achieved all of these objectives. Furthermore, it was Israel's post-disengagement policies that precipitated most of the recent security threats, not the withdrawal itself. These findings reassess the disengagement's goals and efficacy. They demonstrate that in contrast to popular perceptions in Israel today, the Gaza disengagement neither was a strategic blunder nor does it exemplify that territorial withdrawal constitutes a flawed policy choice.

so this is from one year ago almost exactly and uh, might be a funny read

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Dr Evil: "ONE BILLION 9/11S"

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Hatebag posted:

aren't all the osint type guys just state department lackeys like brown moses?

no some are dipshits that failed through a couple years of some military branch that present themselves as experts

there's also the real crazy WW3 prepper dudes who youd usually find talking about their conspiracies on a HAM radio but all these guys can figure out how to do is post

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Dokapon Findom posted:

No wonder the Israelis prefer killing their own hostages. Alive, they might say something good about Hamas when they're released. Dead, their ghost can be put to work as a propaganda tool.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Adamant on this

https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1716881249749598598

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

yeha i am curious about this too, maybe i missed a few but i dont remember anyone being fired for openly supporting the "wrong" side of the war

There are state and local laws on the books for decades now for firing teachers for posting anti Israeli speech. Bit yeah it seems to be ratcheting up circa 2001 again

quote:

IN ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, a religious center received enough threats around an in-person event about Palestine that the program had to be moved online. In Arlington, Virginia, bomb threats forced the country’s largest American Muslim civil rights group to move a banquet partially focused on Gaza to an undisclosed location. In Houston, a hotel pulled out of hosting a conference organized by a prominent Palestinian rights group due to “escalating security concerns.” In Brooklyn, a right-wing City Councilperson brought a gun to a student protest for Gaza. And in Washington, DC, a United States senator called for a Justice Department investigation into student supporters of Palestine.

As Israel’s bombardment of Gaza continues, Americans are expressing their opposition on college campuses, on social media, and in the streets. But the dissent has come with a cost. Across the US, supporters of Palestinian rights are facing a severe and unprecedented backlash to their speech and activism, ranging from university condemnations of student protest to death threats and intimidation from pro-Israel groups. “We’ve had an exponential surge in requests for legal help. It has been like nothing we’ve seen before,” said Radhika Sainath, a senior staff attorney at Palestine Legal, which defends the free speech rights of Palestine advocates. Since October 8th, the group has responded to nearly 200 reports of “suppression of Palestinian rights advocacy”—almost as many incidents as they addressed in all of last year. According to Sainath, attorneys have spoken to everyone from “people being fired from their jobs for tweets or social media messages that support Palestinian human rights” to student critics of Israel who are being “doxxed and put on a website called ‘College Terror List,’” which seeks to make them unemployable. “There is an increase in people who are really concerned with the genocidal intentions of Israel right now—and they’re being met with immense McCarthyite backlash and suppression,” Sainath said.

https://jewishcurrents.org/a-mccarthyite-backlash-against-pro-palestine-speech

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

"Egypt"

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Dokapon Findom posted:

Awww, they made dinner for those nice grandmas.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Yeah what's with the scare quotes around Egypt

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

what's the excuse anyway, they're going to make diesel powered rockets?

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

monsters

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

Dr Evil: "ONE BILLION 9/11S"

😳

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

A lot of devout Muslims and Anto-Zionist Hassids put quotes around Israel or call it the Zionist entity because they don’t want to insult the prophet Jacob. This is the first time I’ve ever seen Egypt have quotes around it.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
They don't want to offend the pharaoh

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Judgy Fucker posted:

Yeah what's with the scare quotes around Egypt

"Egypt": Welcome to you're "DOOM!"

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Kunabomber posted:

Man it loving owns that a fever dream from 18th century America is the most popular interpretation of Revelations because it makes for more interesting movie plots.

Revelations is a series of letters from John to the seven early churches in Asia Minor telling them to keep the faith because they will be rewarded by God after their suffering through persecution. 666 was the mark of the beast because Neron Caesar (or Nero Caesar) written out in Hebrew could also be added up to that number. But it's a bible belt pasttime to try to predict and/or bring about the resurrection of Jesus even though it's expressly forbidden in the bible, as man was not meant to understand God's plans.

So they're doing biblical OSINT...

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
German media claiming they foiled an ISIS truck attack on a pro-zionist rally

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Found where my company is keeping its extra war crimes

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Dokapon Findom posted:

So they're doing biblical OSINT...

More like biblical OSTUPID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Tell me you've never talked to voters who aren't your wealthy co-workers without telling me it explicitly.

Absolute bullshit and detached. No one in the western world wants genocide except a minority of insane people.