Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Endorph posted:

she's being very Online but the whole 'voicing PoC' discourse in recent days with dubs is weird

like yoruichi is a dark skinned japanese person not a black woman. the dub has dozens of white people voicing japanese characters. suddenly this one is a problem because she has dark skin?

Honestly it seems kind of more racist to not believe that Japanese people can have dark skin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Huh, didn't realise she was 60. Makes some more sense now.

cowboy bebop was a while ago (she voiced faye if you didn't realize)

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
marriage toxin having an even split between epic badass action and goofy romance is ideal. its perfect. no notes

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I love it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Huh, didn't realise she was 60. Makes some more sense now.
yeah I feel like if you didn't grow up with the internet but instead were around long before it, it kind of bamboozles a lot of old people. I've just started having to deal with the reality of my mom being hoodwinked by AI ads for total scams on facebook and poo poo

there are exceptions but they are few and far between, such as that granny let's player

Ohtori Akio posted:

marriage toxin having an even split between epic badass action and goofy romance is ideal. its perfect. no notes
or even better, mixing the romance with the epic badass action, such as with the bodyguard lady.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Clarste posted:

Honestly it seems kind of more racist to not believe that Japanese people can have dark skin.

This is the issue I have with, plus the like "woke" side are acting hella reductive, like "Well this character has dark skin so there should be a dark skinned voice actor, it doesn't matter what ethnicity they are. Brown = all the same" Seems like this chick got a raw deal and that sucks, but I don't think it's racist that a white lady was voicing the role originally either.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

And I guess Wendee Lee acting like kind of an rear end in a top hat just doesn't register that much to me when your competition are people like Vic and Karen Straussman who are just ghoulish monsters lol

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Rewatched On-Gaku. Still one of the greatest anime movies of the past several years.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

Now would it be racist or woke to recast Mr.Popo with a PoC voice actor.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Mr poopoo

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The 5806 x 3240 mega Bocchi pic...

25 megs lol I dont think I'll be uploading this one

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

This is the issue I have with, plus the like "woke" side are acting hella reductive, like "Well this character has dark skin so there should be a dark skinned voice actor, it doesn't matter what ethnicity they are. Brown = all the same" Seems like this chick got a raw deal and that sucks, but I don't think it's racist that a white lady was voicing the role originally either.

it was also funny when people thought dori in genshin impact was super racist so they harassed her dub va for 'cultural appropriation' even though her dub va is named loving Anjali Kunapanen

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

Dubs drool, Subway

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It made sense for Chad because Chad is literally half Mexican

Also from what I've seen a couple other voice actors say, apparently this kind of attitude is not new for Wendee, and voice acting is the kind of industry where people tend to remember if you're an rear end in a top hat

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Oct 24, 2023

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

Patware posted:

suika game came out on en switch, i made a watermelon and it shot two oranges into space ending the game while i still had like half an empty boxx
The weird physics make for some funny moments but they're less funny when they ruin a good run.

But yeah, it's incredibly easy to to make derivatives so there's one out there that suits your preferences.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

drat I look good as always

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

chipped one of my mumin mugs by accident, not very happy about that

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

marumaru
May 20, 2013

memory leek

marumaru
May 20, 2013

i know that's probably negi

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Get a chair dumbass!!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

marumaru posted:

i know that's probably negi

Same thing, really.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

https://twitter.com/xmartieisgood/status/1716880942143582263?s=20

an epic robot

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KkSErHrrak

Let's all love Lain.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Neat, never heard of anime being on PBS.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Wish I had that station while growing up

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzuYEk52Ucc

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

leather fedora posted:

The weird physics make for some funny moments but they're less funny when they ruin a good run.

But yeah, it's incredibly easy to to make derivatives so there's one out there that suits your preferences.

Suika Game but it's Suika Ibuki
https://ferdyslab.itch.io/suika-combination

marumaru
May 20, 2013

high effort cosplay is so cool

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

this one is hosed up because they dont roll. rolling and pushing things is like half the suika game!!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Today I learned that the violinist featured in Melody of Oblvion’s soundtrack is the guy behind FFXIII’s Blinded by Light’s rip roaring violin, Hijiri Kuwano.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB6YWl2zjpM

Also there was a GBA MoO game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzqO_OToRnQ

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I now possess roach killing powder and gels. I am unstoppable.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

it's blowing like 20 mph and i don't wanna play video games tonight so i've thrown on ssss.gridman

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

let me show ya how i wavedash baby

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I have discovered Electric Callboy. This is definitely my kind of poo poo.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Ohtori Akio posted:

my perfect ratio is slightly more dates and slightly less fighting the gross beast clan guy, but i'm just nitpicking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Southern Cassowary posted:

it's blowing like 20 mph and i don't wanna play video games tonight so i've thrown on ssss.gridman

good decision. gridman is probably my favorite show i watched in 2023, although it's possible utena steals the crown at the last minute.