Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
a short way of putting it is that the more ornery and ancient ldp politicians around the head of the party sometimes get the idea they can do or say whatever they want and nobody will be able to make them feel consequences for it. various recent events have proven this not to be true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Fair enough, all politicians are garbage (some more than others)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oh yeah what about ken akamatsu, creator of love hina and first mangaka elected to the diet? no I will not look up his politics

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
he's mostly just there to fight against media censorship which to my understanding, can lead to him saying some mildly dumb stuff but, he is genuinely against censorship as a whole which extends to stuff like censorship of lgbt art so he's not the worst. most censorship bills that get proposed are pretty directed at that stuff

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gay marriage polls better in japan than it does in, america. trans rights stuff also generally polls pretty well in a vacuum (though there's some clamminess about Women's Hot Springs or w/e). the japanese political apparatus is just, insanely slow and stubborn.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the thing about the ldp is that you basically do have to join them to get anywhere so genuinely it is where people who want to make a positive difference end up going and can't actually be used as a specific measure of someone's values. there's a trans ldp politician too and one who's spent most of her career trying to improve gay marriage rights, she's done good in at the very least getting people access to similar rights under a different name.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

oh goku I have to get 4 cavity fillings in... right now!!

Is there an anime about an intrepid dentist out there? Or

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
No, but there is dentist BL.

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100114

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

based

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

This owns

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Airquotes BL

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

That's great news :toot:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Going to a small anime con this weekend. Aim is to pick up some figurines and watch some of the MK1 tournament

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

GateOfD posted:

Going to a small anime con this weekend. Aim is to pick up some figurines and watch some of the MK1 tournament

plz report back from the ball pit

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I'm not sure if eminence in shadow S1 was only 20 EPs because they put 6 episodes of budget into having ep20 be almost half a huge ludicrous three way sword fight, but if so it was totally worth it, that ruled

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i want to see interviews from the eminence production cast because there's clearly a moment when it feels like everyone on the crew falls in love with the project and the quality of every aspect doubles

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
FIRST DAY BACK AT WORK LETS GOOOOOOO

https://youtu.be/B7mhQipwdb0?si=_bxtwzsd0w0S5_uT

((VOLUME MAX))

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The exchange rate has hit 150 yen to the dollar and the Bank of Japan isn't happy, get your overseas shopping in now before they push it back down.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Waffleman_ posted:

The exchange rate has hit 150 yen to the dollar and the Bank of Japan isn't happy, get your overseas shopping in now before they push it back down.

time to go eyeball used guitars and jdm fishing gear

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i freaking love money

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Paa6lREqo7g

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

lol i have iron cobras

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Southern Cassowary posted:

time to go eyeball used guitars and jdm fishing gear

Now is the time to hunt for GJbu merch

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm not sure if eminence in shadow S1 was only 20 EPs because they put 6 episodes of budget into having ep20 be almost half a huge ludicrous three way sword fight, but if so it was totally worth it, that ruled

Patware posted:

i want to see interviews from the eminence production cast because there's clearly a moment when it feels like everyone on the crew falls in love with the project and the quality of every aspect doubles

The director apparently started out the project thinking what would make for a good last episode and oriented the adaptation to fit around that. During production he was storyboarding and keyframing most of the finale.

There was some obvious enthusiasm from the top, but I too would like to hear stories out of production since a lot of people obviously gave a care about this one.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
cannot get over kirima's little brother's insanely lovely knock-off boogiepop threads. going to the halloween party as store-brand boogiepop

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

that name reminds me of moondoggie from eureka seven

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

moondoggie was named after the character from gidgit right

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Decided to yolo and gonna do a New Years trip to Japan to do Comiket on the 31st and Wrestle Kingdom on the 4th (and visit a shrine on the 1st)

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

moondoggie was named after the character from gidgit right

His girlfriend is named Gidgit iirc so probably, unless I’m remembering wrong.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Yeah Gekko state/E7 as a whole is just filled with surfer culture/hippy history references throughout.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Bullet is my wife

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

verbal enema posted:

Bullet is my wife

Blazblue?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Ye

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They should make another one of those

verbal enema
May 23, 2009