Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

It's nice watching a Columbus team that can be competitive or, at least, isn't complete rear end. Not sure they had a four-game point streak all year last year.

They need to figure out how to lock down leads, though. I'm hoping Elvis' rediscovered confidence isn't harmed.

If you didn't see Columbus / Montreal overtime, go watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

If you didn't see Columbus / Montreal overtime, go watch it.

Can confirm.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Leo Carlsson is pretty good, I dunno why the Ducks are sitting him for half the games.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
drat Joey Daccord with 42/44 saves in regulation almost dragged the Kraken to a win in Carolina.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Nazem Kadri is the worst flame since Ales Kotalik. I think if I saw him in the street I'd just be like, guy, you're bad

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Hear me out, but I think getting rid of chuck fletcher was a good move

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
still can’t believe how reasonable northeastern cities like portland, worcester, and albany lost their teams but somehow bridgeport still has one. bridgeport

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

mennoknight posted:

Nazem Kadri is the worst flame since Ales Kotalik. I think if I saw him in the street I'd just be like, guy, you're bad

That contract... Yikes... Well the buyout isn't too bad after a few seasons at least

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

mennoknight posted:

Still lolling that the flames gave up a 1st rounder and a player who can probably fetch a good mid round pick if he doesnt explode so they can sign him to that contract

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Several of the AHL teams have just adapted the name of the NHL team and it sucks rear end, Bridgeport Sound Tigers was an awesome name. I suppose it makes it easier to tell which team org they belong to.

It makes me glad that teams with long histories like the Rochester Americans and Hershey Bears exist and won’t change their names or go away.

Bring back the River Rats, that logo was rad as hell

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Apparently the key to the Oilers success was Kailer Yamamoto

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Apparently the key to the Oilers success was Kailer Yamamoto

sounds like Jesse Puljujarvi will be hitting the market soon-ish if they want to recapture that magic

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
The heritage classic is just going to be some of the absolute worst hockey you will see this year

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

N:
V: The gently caress Flyers? You're supposed to be dogshit. Sure they slipped a place, but still. If they make the playoffs then holy moly

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Diet Crack posted:

N:
V: The gently caress Flyers? You're supposed to be dogshit. Sure they slipped a place, but still. If they make the playoffs then holy moly

They won’t.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Furiously googling "do the flames own their first round pick this year?"

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Pittsburgh and Buffalo aren't that bad; Detroit, Philadelphia, and Columbus aren't that good.

Who knows about the Sens and Caps, they've both looked genuinely dire at moments. The Sens look decent on advanced stats so they just need to reel in their collapses.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Oct 27, 2023

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Sens feel less fraudulent than the caps

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

mennoknight posted:

They could own many first round picks if they’re smart. (They are not)

Like I’m hoping Conroy is looking at those Lindholm and Hanifin contracts now and going “Uh, let’s hold on for a moment”

That game last night was awful. I had to deal with some stuff so couldn’t see the Blues goals but when I watched a chunk it was just the teams getting the puck, losing it, getting it back and then losing it again.

The game against Edmonton is going to be garbage.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

mennoknight posted:

There's a certain scenario with the Monahan trade where we could lose the 2nd overall pick to Montreal... It's very unlikely but I'm going to put money on it.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Craig Conroys introduction presser he said the most important thing to address was making the locker room fun again, wonder what the atmosphere is like in there?

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
the vibes in the entirety of Alberta must have been dismal last night. dual 3-0 losses on home ice. the Oilers fans were booing and I flip over to the Flames and they’re also booing.

fancystats say that the Oilers played alright…but I don’t really believe it. They kinda look listless. Although Quick was as dialed in last night as like any goalie I’ve ever seen. just made everything look easy. Skinner also had a good game, kept the Oilers in it for a while.

Rangers looking good! their fourth line is getting a bit caved, but their top three lines look good, and I can’t even loving tell you how much of a difference it is having an actual defenseman like Gustafsson on the third pair compared to Nemeth/Hajek/Harpur/Mikkola even. Best game that Wheeler played last night, too. He has no points (should have had his first but it was disallowed) but that line has been great.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

https://twitter.com/hailey_salvian/status/1717568812629828024

This is very lame across the board and my enthusiasm is dampened if I have to support the Boston Wicked instead of the Boston Pride

I missed this post originally, but Boston Wicked is loving awful.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Pittsburgh and Buffalo aren't that bad; Detroit, Philadelphia, and Columbus aren't that good.

Who knows about the Sens and Caps, they've both looked genuinely dire at moments. The Sens look decent on advanced stats so they just need to reel in their collapses.

Detroit kind of does this every year. 25 games into last season they were 13-7-5 (a 101-point pace), and the season before that they were 13-9-3 (a 95-point pace). The way they're doing it is different, and I hope they can still be effective on offense as their team shooting percentage comes down from 16% and their power play comes down from 40%, but they've really only moved the needle from being a mid-80s point team to a high-80s point team.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

I missed this post originally, but Boston Wicked is loving awful.

What, you don't also want the Montreal Tabernak and New York Forgeddboudits?

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
https://twitter.com/AGrossNewsday/status/1717731741127909602

This hit was harrowing to see in person. Sens say Brannstrom is alert and has use of his extremities, but he landed on the ice head first and straight up wasn't moving. Had to get stretchered off and everything. Really hope he ends up okay.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIČRE IN ME

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

the vibes in the entirety of Alberta must have been dismal last night. dual 3-0 losses on home ice. the Oilers fans were booing and I flip over to the Flames and they’re also booing.

fancystats say that the Oilers played alright…but I don’t really believe it. They kinda look listless. Although Quick was as dialed in last night as like any goalie I’ve ever seen. just made everything look easy. Skinner also had a good game, kept the Oilers in it for a while.

Rangers looking good! their fourth line is getting a bit caved, but their top three lines look good, and I can’t even loving tell you how much of a difference it is having an actual defenseman like Gustafsson on the third pair compared to Nemeth/Hajek/Harpur/Mikkola even. Best game that Wheeler played last night, too. He has no points (should have had his first but it was disallowed) but that line has been great.

One of the worst “kicking motion” calls I’ve seen in a long time

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Sens feel less fraudulent than the caps

What is fraudulent about the Caps? They are last in the division and have a -10 goal differential. That seems about right.

The Devils seem much better than their record

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Levitate posted:

One of the worst “kicking motion” calls I’ve seen in a long time

It was just bizarre, they made the right call immediately and somehow there was enough evidence to overturn even though from every angle it was a textbook legal deflection off a skate. Like zero movement. Obviously no effect on game but it was a sick goal and a real shame.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
For Carter Hart having gently caress all to do in the first two periods last night, he played really well in the 3rd. You don't notice how much it can knock a team off balance when you're missing just one or two guys, but having Spurgeon, Boldy, and Gaudreau out a the same time is not super fun. Merrill was terrible, and the 4th line got eaten alive. I did a double take when I saw a 16 on a Wild sweater in the 2nd having not even noticed that Khaira was out there before that time.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIČRE IN ME

WeaponX posted:

It was just bizarre, they made the right call immediately and somehow there was enough evidence to overturn even though from every angle it was a textbook legal deflection off a skate. Like zero movement. Obviously no effect on game but it was a sick goal and a real shame.

He turned and dragged his foot a bit but it was like…skate blade was on the ice the whole time and he just turned his foot a bit

Honestly felt like a game management call…keep Edmonton theoretically in it a bit more

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Mr. Fish posted:

https://twitter.com/AGrossNewsday/status/1717731741127909602

This hit was harrowing to see in person. Sens say Brannstrom is alert and has use of his extremities, but he landed on the ice head first and straight up wasn't moving. Had to get stretchered off and everything. Really hope he ends up okay.

Well everyone knows Cal Clutterbuck's reputation for clean play and never headhunting.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Eric the Mauve posted:

Well everyone knows Cal Clutterbuck's reputation for clean play and never headhunting.

I mean, I'm not excusing the guy, but the hit didn't really look like anything vicious.

https://twitter.com/CamandStrick/status/1717708989952147785

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Yeah definitely to leg sweep a guy and flip him backwards over the thigh after the puck is gone... completely fine.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Misanthrope posted:

There's a certain scenario with the Monahan trade where we could lose the 2nd overall pick to Montreal... It's very unlikely but I'm going to put money on it.

yeah I'm counting on it too. or keeping it and drafting the next Daniel Tzachuk

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Hypnobeard posted:

I mean, I'm not excusing the guy, but the hit didn't really look like anything vicious.

https://twitter.com/CamandStrick/status/1717708989952147785

Refs didn't call a penalty on this hit, but they called eight others in the second period alone. Overcorrection maybe? Or all the cringe players on my fail team actually are a bunch of goony barbarians

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Sens’ D depth getting seriously tested early this year. Zub is out from taking an OV slap shot to the head, Brannstrom was murdered yesterday, and now Chabot is out for 4-6 weeks with a broken hand.

The team still has its 2 best defensemen (Sanderson and Chychrun), but the depth is going to start looking very dire very quickly.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Simplex posted:

Hear me out here: New York Sound Machine.

NYC Sound System.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
That makes people think of ska. Definitely not an improvement.