Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
my absolute favorite whitebeard moment is when he hugged squad. it gave us SO much characterization about him in a single event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm just gonna say it, old man Whitebeard was cooler than young Whitebeard

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Gologle posted:

Coldest take in the thread so far, god drat.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
do you think shanks sent rockstar to whitebeard as a joke. his hair resembles rocks silhouette and his name is rockstar

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

YO HO HO HE TOOK A BITE OF GUM GUM

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Gologle posted:

Whitebeard had to be Young Whitebeard to become Old Whitebeard.

Wonder if he ever wanted to hug Kaido or Big Mom in the way he hugged Squard.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Well Manicured Man posted:

All that and not a single wound on his back!

Ok but there was one or two swords that had totally gone right through him and were sticking out the back.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Honestly shocked that second comic has never happened in the actual manga

Agent_grey
Jan 8, 2007

Scrub-a-Dub-Dub!
I'm not good at carving so I broke out some chalk markers for the Pumpkin.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
nice Placemats of D

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tony Tony Bath Salts

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Ok but there was one or two swords that had totally gone right through him and were sticking out the back.

Still never turned his back to the enemy :zoro:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Agent_grey posted:

I love this

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

bitmap posted:

I have a hard time imagining any of the fruits at god valley are the treasure stolen from pirate island. it certainly wouldnt be the gum gum, because the elders were looking for it for generations. roger saying something about the last few years being tough for him makes me think its...ace's mum? or something we havent even had hinted at yet? one piece will run for another twenty years.

I think that it is, reading the chapter again I notice that it's stated by Garp that the Rocks pirates are coming to God Valley specifically to get the treasure that was taken from Pirate Island back and in that panel where they all appear together they are discussing how they will keep the treasure for themselves if they find it.. in the translation I have Linlin claims that the treasure will belong to her and Kaido points out that it will be pointless for her to take it for herself.. The only way I can read that is that they are talking about a devil fruit - which Linlin does manage to track down a couple of devil fruits later in the chapter but they may not be the devil fruit in question that was stolen from the pirates. Will be interested to see if I'm wrong.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Do we know exactly why this notorious lineup followed Rocks in the first place? I really don't remember anything other than He Is Strong, but honestly I don't buy that was enough to keep all those heavy hitters in line.

We know nothing about this fucker and yet we're begging Oda to shed some backstory on this guy, it's unreal

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Honestly shocked that second comic has never happened in the actual manga

Calling it: That's going to be the big move in the final fight Robin and Franky vs some Blackbeard jackasses.

Franky will be so moved he'll cry (harder than usual).

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

White Light posted:

Do we know exactly why this notorious lineup followed Rocks in the first place? I really don't remember anything other than He Is Strong, but honestly I don't buy that was enough to keep all those heavy hitters in line.

We know nothing about this fucker and yet we're begging Oda to shed some backstory on this guy, it's unreal

He is strong

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

White Light posted:

He had a cool catch phrase/theme song? Something like, "Solid as a rock"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8ILPghbqdY&t=123s

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

People mention we'll get more from God Valley when we see the Roger flashback. Uhh.. Rogers dead?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oden is dead and we got a flashback for him

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Lpzie posted:

People mention we'll get more from God Valley when we see the Roger flashback. Uhh.. Rogers dead?

There's still Shanks and Garp and Garling and probably other notable members of the Marines/Roger's Crew/Rocks' crew that were there we can flash back to

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

we'll meet up with Gaban on elbaf and get his flashback

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Drakkel posted:

There's still Shanks and Garp and Garling and probably other notable members of the Marines/Roger's Crew/Rocks' crew that were there we can flash back to

buggy flashback

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Flashbacks can be third person omniscient, they don't need to be "from" anyone in particular

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Lpzie posted:

Or is he???

PirateZim
Apr 24, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Oden is dead and we got a flashback for him

Everyone from 400 years ago on Jaya is dead and they got a flashback too. Except the snake, I guess.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lpzie posted:

i was thinking it would be the garp flashback

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Can't wait for Roger, Fisher Tiger, and Oden to recover from amnesia and show back up.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

White Light posted:

Davey Back baby

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

White Light posted:

I mean, they didn't become notorious until afterwards.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gyges posted:

Can't wait for Roger, Fisher Tiger, and Oden to recover from amnesia and show back up.

Bellemere arrives furious and demanding to know why Nami didn't let her out of prison after Arlong was defeated.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Agent_grey posted:

This was an amazing thing to slowly scroll down and see before reading the post for context.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Nephthys posted:

Calling it: That's going to be the big move in the final fight Robin and Franky vs some Blackbeard jackasses.

Franky will be so moved he'll cry (harder than usual).

Robin: "Mobile Docking: Seis Fleurs!" (It will have six legs)

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Begemot posted:

I mean, they didn't become notorious until afterwards.

I'm pretty sure at least some of them were fairly notorious already. At least, I think Kaido, Linlin, and probably Newgate were.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Starsfan posted:

I think that it is, reading the chapter again I notice that it's stated by Garp that the Rocks pirates are coming to God Valley specifically to get the treasure that was taken from Pirate Island back and in that panel where they all appear together they are discussing how they will keep the treasure for themselves if they find it.. in the translation I have Linlin claims that the treasure will belong to her and Kaido points out that it will be pointless for her to take it for herself.. The only way I can read that is that they are talking about a devil fruit - which Linlin does manage to track down a couple of devil fruits later in the chapter but they may not be the devil fruit in question that was stolen from the pirates. Will be interested to see if I'm wrong.
What if the Azure Dragon fruit is really important? Maybe Roger was laughing at Laugh Tale because he got Shanks-in-a-box rather than the Fish Fish Fruit because he needed it for some reason.

Good thing Luffy is friends with Momonosuke.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Bellemere arrives furious and demanding to know why Nami didn't let her out of prison after Arlong was defeated.

Kuina appears coming up a flight of stairs

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

How did 4Kids handle the Kuina flashback anyway?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Larryb posted:

How did 4Kids handle the Kuina flashback anyway?

Iirc she just becomes too hurt to ever lift a sword again

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

She falls down the stairs and ends up in jail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Waffleman_ posted:

That's silly. Obviously Tashigi will be knocked up a flight of stairs, hit her head, and regain her memories. Then toss aside her glasses and break out a sudden Deva form.