Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Nowadays there isn't much in the way of filler, just varying degrees of success with runtime management.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its sort of neat because its mostly just naruto hanging out with the random side characters and doing missions with them so it does help the later scenes where he says hes friends with the bug guy or whoever land a lot better, but on the other hand most of it is barely animated fluff with really generic bad guys.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

one of them is just straight up a 'top 10 most EPIC naruto fights' list like that mockumentary episode of the simpsons

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Endorph posted:

one of them is just straight up a 'top 10 most EPIC naruto fights' list.

lmao

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

hey naruto, do you know about the jutsu iceberg

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

How many long running animes (as in, not broken up into separate seasons) based on manga are still left anyway? Just One Piece and Detective Conan?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Iruka-sensei of the Village Hidden in the Leaves writes:

'I think Naruto gets stupider every arc.'

That's not a question, sensei.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

all the really long-running adaptations i end up watching like two arcs of and thinking "i'm good"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Larryb posted:

How many long running animes (as in, not broken up into separate seasons) based on manga are still left anyway? Just One Piece and Detective Conan?
There are a few based on manga that have long since ended. That is, the anime is still going, but the manga's over, and the anime's just doing its own thing. Sazae-san and Doraemon are the big ones.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

symbolic posted:

alright im convinced. Giant Bomb talk is now banned here

It is extremely funny that someone went searching for a spot that wasn't SAD to keep talking about it, and they settled on the place fluff also patrols.

Just the funniest owngoal I've seen in a bit.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Endorph posted:

There are a few based on manga that have long since ended. That is, the anime is still going, but the manga's over, and the anime's just doing its own thing. Sazae-san and Doraemon are the big ones.

Ah yes, the former apparently started in 1969 and is STILL going and Doraemon has had an anime going since 1973

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Shinjobi posted:

It is extremely funny that someone went searching for a spot that wasn't SAD to keep talking about it, and they settled on the place fluff also patrols.

Just the funniest owngoal I've seen in a bit.

close the politics forums

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
You will see me post now and again for idk how long but for the most

Take it easy yall. I hosed up bad and might not be around for awhile

Dont drink. Alcohol is not your friend. Also

Pay your goddamn rent and dont drink it away

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

verbal enema posted:

hang in there VE, best of luck

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

verbal enema posted:

ganbare, goemon

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Please stay safe enema

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

hang in there man

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Meowywitch posted:

Please stay safe enema

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Hope for all the best VE

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
be well verbal

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Take care VE.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Sorry fellas I thought I was actually trying but it was a fuxking lie to myself and you all.

I'm really sorry I really am

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

no one here blames you for losing to an addiction, thats why they're addictions, and if things are that bad then you probably have better things to do than begging our forgiveness.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Endorph posted:

no one here blames you for losing to an addiction, thats why they're addictions, and if things are that bad then you probably have better things to do than begging our forgiveness.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Pluto is the first high definition anime adaptation of an Urasawa manga, right? It really suits his linework.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

First high def yeah. I don't remember any of his works being adapted since Monster.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I guess, yeah. You had the 20th Century Boys movies, but those are live action.

Kinda hope Netflix manages to get Billy Bat adapted. Last I heard, Urasawa was a bit wary of releasing it internationally due to the satirical similarities with Mickey Mouse.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

verbal enema posted:

Sorry fellas I thought I was actually trying but it was a fuxking lie to myself and you all.

I'm really sorry I really am

No apologies needed, friend. It's a long fight, just gotta try your best to keep heart.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Endorph posted:

I'll go out a limb here

gently caress you.

I ain't begging for poo poo I feel bad about attempting a recovery and failing. I have to be honest. I just dont want people to think I'm doing things that I'm not.

Do I recognize that saying "I'm sorry" is a pathetic attempt at reconciliation? Of course

But I respect you people and I genuinely care about how you think about me. I just want to get my thoughts and considerations out. I don't want anyone to think I'm not myself that I'm not legit or whatever the gently caress I'm trying to say. I am who I am and I will say whatever the hell I want.

Get off whatever high horse poster status you think you have bro

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Endorph is just telling you not to beat yourself up over it

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

verbal enema posted:

I'll go out a limb here

gently caress you.

I ain't begging for poo poo I feel bad about attempting a recovery and failing. I have to be honest. I just dont want people to think I'm doing things that I'm not.

Do I recognize that saying "I'm sorry" is a pathetic attempt at reconciliation? Of course

But I respect you people and I genuinely care about how you think about me. I just want to get my thoughts and considerations out. I don't want anyone to think I'm not myself that I'm not legit or whatever the gently caress I'm trying to say. I am who I am and I will say whatever the hell I want.

Log off, man...

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Log off, man...

You're right

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

verbal enema posted:

I'll go out a limb here

gently caress you.

thats not at all what i meant. i was telling you that we all forgive you so immediately and freely that you should just focus on yourself right now.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Endorph posted:

Iruka-sensei of the Village Hidden in the Leaves writes:

'I think Naruto gets stupider every arc.'

That's not a question, sensei.

Going through gintama now, I appreciated this joke

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i'm bad at generic platitudes so here's some real poo poo

you were doing the right stuff by checking out that aa meeting, getting some contact numbers there, and getting a job. even if you've had a setback from this progress you have the tools to build yourself back up again and make even better progress this time, and i think you're capable of this. reach out to some of the contacts you made, get some help there, and work on yourself.

you're a pretty cool poster, ve. i want to see you doing well.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Southern Cassowary posted:

you were doing the right stuff by checking out that aa meeting, getting some contact numbers there, and getting a job.

you're a pretty cool poster and i want to see you doing well.

:yeah:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Southern Cassowary posted:

hang in there man

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I forgot that Pluto had Black Jack appear in a flashback lmao

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hearing a thread snap when I'm pulling off a new shirt sucks. It's muggy today and I really hope I didn't scuff the stitching up too badly because it was sticking to my back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
happens all the time in my experience. especially stiff stretchy stuff that's designed to break in a little