Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Nothing will ever beat Noah’s mixed tag division on the cruise ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Ad by Khad posted:

at least jesus will finish the story before cody does

Jesus chasing the moneylenders out of the temple clearing the ring at the Royal Rumble

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The Passion of the Cody

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Jesus chasing the moneylenders out of the temple clearing the ring at the Royal Rumble

We Want Tables!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Eat My Fuc posted:

Alvarez reporting on the crucifixion “and they beat him, and beat him, and beat him, and beat him…”

"...and then he showed up three days later not selling a loving thing like IS IT THAT HARD TO SELL FOR A WEEK?!"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Pontius Pilate: I find no guilt in this man.

Crowd: BOOOOOOOOOO

Pontius Pilate (as Jesus turns to leave): Hold on a minute, playa

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Seams posted:

The Passion of the Cody

"DUSTY, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Could Cody create a title so prestigious that even Cody couldn't win it?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Grendels Dad posted:

Could Cody create a title so prestigious that even Cody couldn't win it?

Yeah, the AEW world title.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Nothing will ever beat Noah’s mixed tag division on the cruise ship.

Even back than Mutoh was always humiliating Kaito

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

Pilate: So you are a king then?

Cody: Wrestling… has more than one… royal family

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

Yeah, the AEW world title.

lol

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.wsbtv.com/entertainment...7c1B1uNxuxpRV14

Open mic night is over :(

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Who the hell told you this is open mat night?

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

roswell's that ends well lol

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

She should've read the Bible jokes ITT and called it Pontius Pilates

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

She should've read the Bible jokes ITT and called it Pontius Pilates

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

drat ill miss Brandi, i always thought she was funny and worked really hard.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Suplex Liberace posted:

drat ill miss Brandi, i always thought she was funny and worked really hard.

Yeah I liked Brandi but did find her frustrating. She had a lot to contribute but also had some of the worst instincts for what her character should be I’ve ever seen.

Her promo setting up her match with the Bunny at Fight for the Fallen 2019 was incredible and she has had a few other very good ones. Her insistence on acting like a heel at all times really messed things up a lot though.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I hope Brand is better at yoga than wrestling, but good to see her on the mindfulness grift and not on TV

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Good for her. I hope it works out well.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Brandi has some of the best one-liners for someone who is generally not good at promos.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

ThePariah posted:

Brandi has some of the best one-liners for someone who is generally not good at promos.

I''m not sure anyone in wrestling has been as resistant to do the things they're actually good at as Brandi Rhodes.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I miss Lil Bran Bran :(

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Has Brandi ever even appeared on WWE TV since she and her husband departed AEW?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

She accompanied Cody to his humiliation at Wrestlemania 39 IIRC. They both showed up in the bus and it looked like they'd just told them Cody was losing.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Pylons posted:

She accompanied Cody to his humiliation at Wrestlemania 39 IIRC. They both showed up in the bus and it looked like they'd just told them Cody was losing.

Best thing WWE did all year. They made Negative One cry.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sydney Bottocks posted:

WWE doesn’t think she’s talented enough to be on TV. They’d rather pay Cody more than pay her a talent contract. They said we want Cody, but no thanks on your wife pal

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

WWE doesn’t think she’s talented enough to be on TV. They’d rather pay Cody more than pay her a talent contract. They said we want Cody, but no thanks on your wife pal

I respect Brandi for wanting to do more in her time at AEW than just having her character be "Cody's wife".

The problem is that, for the most part, she was absolutely terrible at doing anything that wasn't "Cody's wife".

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I mean, she was often involved in some of the worst segments on every episode of Dynamite and Rampage she appeared on, so this might be a case where they're correct.

Accompanying Cody to the ring for the big matches? That's fine. Having her own segments, storylines, interviews and promos? Ehhhh, I'll pass.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I respect Brandi for wanting to do more in her time at AEW than just having her character be "Cody's wife".

The problem is that, for the most part, she was absolutely terrible at doing anything that wasn't "Cody's wife".

I remember when she gave Cody 3rd degree burns

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Brandi’s value dropped to 0 as soon as Cody got his name back and they didn’t need her to be announced with him at the same time to get around that

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

edogawa rando posted:

I mean, she was often involved in some of the worst segments on every episode of Dynamite and Rampage she appeared on, so this might be a case where they're correct.

Accompanying Cody to the ring for the big matches? That's fine. Having her own segments, storylines, interviews and promos? Ehhhh, I'll pass.

I don’t disagree she was a low point in AEW but WWE has decided that Nia Jax and ninja skits are TV worthy and Brandi isn’t. Cody and Brandi just have to live with that.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I don’t disagree she was a low point in AEW but WWE has decided that Nia Jax and ninja skits are TV worthy and Brandi isn’t. Cody and Brandi just have to live with that.

"MY HOLE" was more entertaining than anything Brandi has ever done.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

No WWE version of her YouTube show was a mistake. Another fumble by wwe

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Brandis worst period in AEW was the Nightmare Collective.

Brandis best period in AEW was her outfits during the Nightmare Collective

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Honestly, her youtube show started quickly losing steam once the pandemic era of AEW was over. What I'm saying is that Brandi needs a global pandemic to stay over.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
congratulations to roman reigns on winning the SAW royal rumble https://twitch.tv/tha_swizzler

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MJF's episode of shot of brandi was not only really good but it showed four years ago that he'd be an amazing face character as well if he wanted to be

pretty much what he evolved into now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MorningMoon posted:

Honestly, her youtube show started quickly losing steam once the pandemic era of AEW was over. What I'm saying is that Brandi needs a global pandemic to stay over.

Small price to pay to have Brandi on my tv.