Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

those jerseys own

and the league better loving give Clifton 10+
in an ideal world I'd have him sitting half the season to get that kinda poo poo out of the game

how many times must the league leading scorers get concussed by nobodies before the league finally does something about that poo poo
nobody likes a blindside hit, it adds nothing to the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That hit is fine when Trouba does it so they will probably give him 8 million dollars instead.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

Wamsutta posted:

the colors of the stripes not matching the colors of the crest is pissing me off

I think they might actually be the same color fabric, it's just the thin grey and black stripes are throwing off our perception of them given the density. Obviously there's also the royal blue stripes on the outside throwing back to the normal uniform.

The sleeve stripes might look better in person, hard to say. I love bringing back this logo though, lady liberty the last couple years didn't do a lot for me. I wonder if these will debut for the Stadium Series or if there is gonna be another new uniform for that.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
lol the Blues lost to the Canucks 5-0 last night

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/rwesthead/status/1717912719502745944

"I can't breathe."
During the 2021-22 season, a Black hockey player on a U15 AAA team in Gatineau, Quebec, was allegedly forced to the ground by a teammate who pressed their knee on the player's neck.
The Black player was only released after repeating the final words of George Floyd, who was murdered by Minneapolis police in 2020.
The locker room incident was detailed in a Hockey Quebec investigation report obtained by Le Droit's
@justinemercier
The report documented at least 14 instances of "racist gestures and remarks" by six players and criticized both the hockey organization and the team's head coach, who continues to coach minor hockey.
The report noted two Black players have since left the team.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Mike_V posted:

lol the Blues lost to the Canucks 5-0 last night

I was just watching the highlight reel of the goals and wtf... did Binnington just give up and pout? Goals 3, 4, and 5 seem to be a Canuck skating up to him and casually pushing it past him while he sits motionless in the crease.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Find these kids that did it and name their names. I don’t care if they’re underage when it happened, publically name and shame them. Do the exact same with their coach. This poo poo has to stop and it never will as long as they keep sweeping it under the rug at the league level. gently caress it’s so drat frustrating.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Tagra posted:

I was just watching the highlight reel of the goals and wtf... did Binnington just give up and pout? Goals 3, 4, and 5 seem to be a Canuck skating up to him and casually pushing it past him while he sits motionless in the crease.

I wish I could tell you but I haven't watched a single second of Blues hockey so far and it's been liberating

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Find these kids that did it and name their names. I don’t care if they’re underage when it happened, publically name and shame them. Do the exact same with their coach. This poo poo has to stop and it never will as long as they keep sweeping it under the rug at the league level. gently caress it’s so drat frustrating.

Just watch for who the Canadiens draft from that roster

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/sungarrioch/status/1718241661698933171?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Wonder how many players are absolutely sweating right now

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Starsfan posted:

my Connor Clifton connection is one of my co-workers asked me to give them suggestions for how to fill out the local fire departments hockey pool because they don't watch hockey but they play every year anyway and they always finish in last place and they were tired of it... one of those simple ones where you just pick 1 name out of 5 in a bucket and there's 30 buckets or whatever. When I looked at the scoring for the pool it turned out that penalty minutes, hits and blocked shots were each worth half of what a goal or assist was and those were the only stats tracked in the pool.

well anyways my co-worker now knows Connor Clifton specifically by name because I told them that while the strategy we used to pick the players was solid, the risk was that some of the players selected are so bad at playing hockey that they may get benched or cut from the team, and the Sabres fans on my internet forum say that Connor Clifton is potentially one of those players.

I doubt it though since they gave him a 3 year deal at 3 mill a season lol

He’ll keep playing, he hasn’t been that bad apart from a stupid penalty or two including this one which was a doozy.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

those jerseys own

and the league better loving give Clifton 10+
in an ideal world I'd have him sitting half the season to get that kinda poo poo out of the game

how many times must the league leading scorers get concussed by nobodies before the league finally does something about that poo poo
nobody likes a blindside hit, it adds nothing to the game

He’s definitely going to get suspended but I doubt it’ll be for that long.

https://twitter.com/sabrespr/status/1718292808878973266?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

Comrie is definitely dead, Levi apparently can’t even play yet either lol

Edit: UPL is starting tomorrow so enjoy your win, Colorado

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Remeber when Buffalo let Ullmark walk and signed a 40 year old Craig Anderson?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Remeber when Buffalo let Ullmark walk and signed a 40 year old Craig Anderson?

I’m pretty sure Ullmark walked, Buffalo wanted to sign him but he wanted a contract with term and Kevyn wasn’t willing. They were negotiating up until the day of free agency iirc.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

gently caress, I hope Hischier is ok and it's just minor/precautionary and not concussion like symptoms

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

He’ll keep playing, he hasn’t been that bad apart from a stupid penalty or two including this one which was a doozy.

He’s definitely going to get suspended but I doubt it’ll be for that long.

https://twitter.com/sabrespr/status/1718292808878973266?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

Comrie is definitely dead, Levi apparently can’t even play yet either lol

Edit: UPL is starting tomorrow so enjoy your win, Colorado
Clifton has actually been terrible. But he's Kevyn's largest UFA signing so I'm sure they'll keep feeding him ice time.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I’m pretty sure Ullmark walked, Buffalo wanted to sign him but he wanted a contract with term and Kevyn wasn’t willing. They were negotiating up until the day of free agency iirc.
Rumor was he wanted $6x6 from the Sabres and Kevyn lowballed him. Ended up in Boston for $5x5 instead.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Two games for Clifton

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
on one hand, Hischier probably comes from Nazi gold and money laundering money. on the same hand, he plays for the Devils. also on the same hand, Hischier had plenty of time and saw Clifton, so Clifton probably expected for Hischier to do the bare minimum of protecting himself and get his shoulder up. so I’m not sure how to feel about this one.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]

Tweet was deleted. What was it?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

bunnyofdoom posted:

Tweet was deleted. What was it?

Claim that some online gambling firm (forget which one draft kings probably) automatically reported NHL players to the league when they registered accounts.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This is his correction:
https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/status/1718338854501875930

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
that looked like the Flyers I was expecting to see this year

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Sharks are going to beat the Capitals record for worst season ever.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

on one hand, Hischier probably comes from Nazi gold and money laundering money. on the same hand, he plays for the Devils. also on the same hand, Hischier had plenty of time and saw Clifton, so Clifton probably expected for Hischier to do the bare minimum of protecting himself and get his shoulder up. so I’m not sure how to feel about this one.

I agree with you, it was a weird play that Clifton misread. He should have seen that Hischier wasn’t even looking.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Mason McTavish fuckin rules

Kale
May 14, 2010

Kaiden Guhle is back in the lineup tonight apparently which means that's likely it for Justin Barron who was surprisingly solid during his short call up session.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

He mistimed the hit and missed the shoulder and caught head, that's all it is. Hischer makes the play with the puck and Clifton is obligated to control himself so he lands a clean check, but he didn't so he gets suspended. I don't think there's any targeting on Clifton's part and I don't think Hischer did anything dumb either.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Frankie Vatrano and Travis Konecny both have the same amount of goals as the San Jose Sharks, in one less game!

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Kale posted:

Kaiden Guhle is back in the lineup tonight apparently which means that's likely it for Justin Barron who was surprisingly solid during his short call up session.

Normally I would've expected Lindstrom to be the one scratched but coaching staff seem deadset on using people on their natural side.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Got 2 more bluesky codes.

bsky-social-gz2f2-6hmr Add the number 7 to the end of it.

bsky-social-chbyh-qaxt add the letter b to the end of it.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

deoju posted:

Got 2 more bluesky codes.

bsky-social-chbyh-qaxt add the letter b to the end of it.

Grabbed this one. Thanks.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Tomas Plekanec officially retired.
Godspeed, Cat Horse, you were my avatar for a long long time. I'll never forget you. :unsmith:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Joe Thornton also officially retired

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

What are the good bluesky hockey follows? I built up my twitter to be a hilarious and informative feed without any chuds and now twitter is unusable.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Jesus, former Penguin Adam Johnson got his throat slashed by a skate during an EIHL game. For the love of god be careful on social media, I did not need to see that ever.

Still no update on his condition.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://x.com/SteveWarneMedia/status/1718432507731865770?s=20

So the Sens will probably lose a first for Pierre being incompetent/a liar. Arizona lost a first for having draft prospects run some physical tests before the combine.

Chicago got no penalty at all for covering up sexual assault and went on to draft Connor Bedard with their 1st lol

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Why do the habs keep winning they need to be bad some more

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Schremp Howard posted:

Jesus, former Penguin Adam Johnson got his throat slashed by a skate during an EIHL game. For the love of god be careful on social media, I did not need to see that ever.

He's gone. RIP

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mr. Fish posted:

He's gone. RIP

The source for that is very questionable.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

stab posted:

Why do the habs keep winning they need to be bad some more

seriously. i'm glad the kids are shining a bit, but man, we gotta pick high

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Schremp Howard posted:

From what I've seen, the EIHL doesn't require an ambulance and paramedics at the game, but an ambulance was sent from the hospital along with "critical care paramedics" which it made sound like are a different thing than regular paramedics after the injury, and that CPR was required.