Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

homeless snail posted:

have a suspicion erg might not be entirely sincere about this

Would I watch a bad show 4 times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I would, but that's only because I read isekai.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Meowywitch posted:

i bought candy bars at the store for me and my wife but forgot to actually take the bag and now I'm super sad at how dumb I am

On of my biggest brainfarts in my adult life was driving 40 minutes to ikea, buying two book cases, a table and 3 chairs, and then putting them next to my parents' truck and driving home. Went to check the back of the truck I borrowed FOR THIS PURPOSE, and got one of those blood runs cold moments. Drove all the way back, and everything was still where I left it except one of the chairs.

I guess someone wanted a free chair, but only one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ninjoatse.cx posted:

On of my biggest brainfarts in my adult life was driving 40 minutes to ikea, buying two book cases, a table and 3 chairs, and then putting them next to my parents' truck and driving home. Went to check the back of the truck I borrowed FOR THIS PURPOSE, and got one of those blood runs cold moments. Drove all the way back, and everything was still where I left it except one of the chairs.

I guess someone wanted a free chair, but only one.
tbf its pretty hard to lug a book case all the way home by hand

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

Read Blood on the Tracks as well.

Huh, that's the translated title

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Had nachos and drinks last night, ended up at a hookah bar afterward. Not sure if I'd recommend doing both in succession.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/anime_kusomiso/status/1718553591395528980

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Oh my god, lmao

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

starts in 2 hours at https://twitch.tv/tha_swizzler

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Arc Hammer posted:

Had nachos and drinks last night, ended up at a hookah bar afterward. Not sure if I'd recommend doing both in succession.

drinks and hookah kinda go hand in hand tho

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

drinks and hookah kinda go hand in hand tho

Maybe together, but we left the bar after five rounds and I was pretty beat by the time we got to the hookah place.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

is hookah better than weed?

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
hookahs tobacco and chitchat. very different experience. usually they have tea too and i like just sipping that if friends suggest hookah time

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

hookah is mostly a social thing. also something everyone i knew quit doing once they were old enough to buy their own booze.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hookahs are big with young japanese ladies right now because j-rock guys got into them

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

imagine instagram teens posting about cbd

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Ohtori Akio posted:

hookahs tobacco and chitchat. very different experience. usually they have tea too and i like just sipping that if friends suggest hookah time

oh yeah if you're going specifically for it then usually tea or lemonade for sure. if I go nowadays it's usually with family after a few drinks to close out the night. just chat the night away

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

yeah hookah is a chill thing like cigars

i've never found either to be particularly pleasant

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Anyone know what anime I’m thinking of: I don’t remember it well, but it was (I think) a 90s show about a vampire that was revived by a girl. There were pyramids at one point, maybe in London? And St Germain with a robotic horse or something like that. The tone wasn’t very serious.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

master of mosquiton

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

That was quick, thanks

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://twitter.com/Dino_illus/status/1718716068422631438/

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rinkles posted:

Anyone know what anime I’m thinking of: I don’t remember it well, but it was (I think) a 90s show about a vampire that was revived by a girl. There were pyramids at one point, maybe in London? And St Germain with a robotic horse or something like that. The tone wasn’t very serious.

You were already answered but I wanna post this anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCrIhtFWL1M

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Purple Bernkastel

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

symbolic posted:

i told megamissen to retire me next time i was KO'd wtf

You've lost the titles and are now retired, here's your gold watch:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

TheSwizzler posted:

god bless

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

TheSwizzler posted:

lol

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

you went out like a hero, pinned after getting spit on and punted by an alpaca

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

TheSwizzler posted:

lmfao

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

surf rock posted:

Following up on this, I saw Porco Rosso yesterday afternoon and The Wind Rises tonight, both in theaters.

I'm putting Porco Rosso in the A+ tier. What a fantastic loving movie.

I'm putting The Wind Rises in the C- tier. It often looks beautiful or impressive and there were moments that tugged at my heartstrings, so I certainly don't regret seeing it, but it just didn't resonate with me. It gets the lowest grade of any Ghibli film I've seen.

Following up on this again, I saw Spirited Away this evening in theaters.

I'm putting it in the B tier. I think it's the most well-animated Ghibli film I've ever seen, which is an extraordinarily high bar to clear. In particular, it's got peak running-down-stairs animation. I also enjoyed the scaredy-cat-to-brave journey for Chihiro; I'm usually annoyed by those kinds of story arcs, but she threaded the needle for me. However, I didn't find the story emotionally resonant and none of the characters broke into the ranks of my favorites, which puts a ceiling on how high of a grade I can give it.

Happily, I've got a lot more Ghibli left to watch:

Grave of the Fireflies
Kiki's Delivery Service
Ocean Waves
Pom Poko
Whisper of the Heart / The Cat Returns
My Neighbors the Yamadas
Tales from Earthsea
Ponyo
Arrietty
From Up on Poppy Hill
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya
The Red Turtle
Earwig and the Witch (this movie looks so hideous that I don't think I'll ever watch it)

I'm planning to finally watch Kiki's Delivery Service tomorrow or Tuesday for Halloween. That, Fireflies, and Kaguya are the three I want to see most.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Among Miyazaki's films, Kiki's stands out to me for how personal our look into her life is. I adored it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the rie matsumoto eps of yes precure 5 gogo are incredible

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im gonna go through the entire ep again tomorrow with screencaps because every frame of ep 36 is a masterpiece

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxoMFVtI84c

i'd die for bau bau

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

remember, no senpai

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Mononoke is 10/10

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'd die for a blunt, a philly cheesesteak, and some mothereffin' sl*ppy!!!!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Only because I have more case space. My last tower was smaller and also had a disc drive so it was a cable nightmare

i couldnt stop smdh when i upgraded to a laptop and the fuckin nvme’s had as much storage as 10 year accumulation of 3.5"s+2.5”s lol

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Got basil garlic bread at my second-favorite bakery, crushed the initial interview for a new job, and now Haachama just announced her return in two days.

Today was a pretty good day.
https://twitter.com/chiitan7407/status/1718931684916363317

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4031691 u want this thread for that, my friend