Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

1 sec align hecate for moving high value low volume stuff in lowsec or highsec. Moved billions worth of stuff using those and a good bookmark library.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Looking for an armour fit for t4 or 5 abyss, since I want to use my asklep pod when I can’t rat. Found this which looks really good: https://caldarijoans.streamlit.app/Dark_Muninn any other recommendations? Can’t fly iki, which seems like the main armour cruiser. I’m pretty sure aceface is the only person I’ve really seen use armour fits in high tier abyss, and I don’t want to touch his fits :barf:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Why shouldnt I just interceptor this to jita instead of paying 50 mln and waiting until event expires and I can't sell any of these clones or my boosters.

e: I did it, Ahbazon aint poo poo

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Oct 26, 2023

Ulesi
Aug 30, 2023

floppyspud posted:

Looking for an armour fit for t4 or 5 abyss, since I want to use my asklep pod when I can’t rat. Found this which looks really good: https://caldarijoans.streamlit.app/Dark_Muninn any other recommendations? Can’t fly iki, which seems like the main armour cruiser. I’m pretty sure aceface is the only person I’ve really seen use armour fits in high tier abyss, and I don’t want to touch his fits :barf:

I've ran close to 500 T4-T6 and really only viable armor tanker is the Iki. Muninn is "okay" but in Darks its a slog since you don't get those nice -75% enemy resists. I've heard Ishtar (in firestorms?) is nice since you can use Geckos but never used it. I mainly use:
Cerb for T6 Exotic
Stormbringer for T6 Electrical
Iki for T6 Dark
Vagabond for T5 Gamma

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/112612617/

aggressed on a gate, shooting bubbles with missiles... and only missiles. no drones in space or in the cargohold. i dont make good decisions in this silly game, but jfc what was this person thinking

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

Toalpaz posted:

Why shouldnt I just interceptor this to jita instead of paying 50 mln and waiting until event expires and I can't sell any of these clones or my boosters.

e: I did it, Ahbazon aint poo poo

The buy orders for this are in npc delve though. I don’t think they expire either

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Ulesi posted:

I've ran close to 500 T4-T6 and really only viable armor tanker is the Iki. Muninn is "okay" but in Darks its a slog since you don't get those nice -75% enemy resists. I've heard Ishtar (in firestorms?) is nice since you can use Geckos but never used it. I mainly use:
Cerb for T6 Exotic
Stormbringer for T6 Electrical
Iki for T6 Dark
Vagabond for T5 Gamma

I’m not really super concerned with doing anything optimal atm, this is just for something interesting and profitable to do when I can’t krab. I guess if I get into it I’ll probably end up getting an Ishtar or iki or gila.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
It's CCP Official™

https://t.co/4E2A6k0ptM

We got smashed lmao

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

WilWheaton posted:

The buy orders for this are in npc delve though. I don’t think they expire either

:) Players will buy them for you for less than delve, and transport it themselves for a small profit.

e: it should be illegal to interdiction bubble!!! They won't let me do angel epic arc!! my 20 mln!

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Oct 27, 2023

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Flying a reactive assault frigate is so weird. I have no idea what I can take.

Sabre: Melts me.
Flycatcher. Tickles me.
Svipul: Melts me.
Hecate: I had to use half my active tank.

I think it's down to single vs. multiple damage types as well as natural base resists. I think no missile ship firing kinetics can break a reactive dual rep Ishkur, but something firing explosive will do it easily even if the reactive is fully adapted. I'm still really surprised the Hecate performed so badly though.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Elukka posted:

Flying a reactive assault frigate is so weird. I have no idea what I can take.

Sabre: Melts me.
Flycatcher. Tickles me.
Svipul: Melts me.
Hecate: I had to use half my active tank.

I think it's down to single vs. multiple damage types as well as natural base resists. I think no missile ship firing kinetics can break a reactive dual rep Ishkur, but something firing explosive will do it easily even if the reactive is fully adapted. I'm still really surprised the Hecate performed so badly though.

I wonder if they were arty or auto cannon, if it's arty they may be just doing too much damage for the adaptive to respond in time plus a hole in your resists? but idk

it's really strange the hecate did so poorly - was it shooting into your resist profile? maybe it wasn't applying or something due to lack of web

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

psilocybin laden posted:

I wonder if they were arty or auto cannon, if it's arty they may be just doing too much damage for the adaptive to respond in time plus a hole in your resists? but idk

it's really strange the hecate did so poorly - was it shooting into your resist profile? maybe it wasn't applying or something due to lack of web
It was autos, and explosive is my weakest resist despite a rig, so I think it was just that. The Hecate did seem to apply, judging from the log, and Pyfa says it should apply like 90% of its dps even though I'm AB. It should do a bit more than I can tank fully adapted but it felt like it did about half that in practice. I don't do all that much dps but maybe I forced it into defensive mode? Dunno.

Another thing I'm surprised by: Torpedo bombers are actually very worthwhile in microgangs of 2-3 and will even apply pretty well on destroyers if you get them webbed and scrammed. Also it's extremely funny to watch a ratting Ishtar with 0% of the relevant resists just evaporate. I always thought of bombers as something for bigger gangs but just a tackler + bomber is a comp that works.

Elukka fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Oct 27, 2023

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

Elukka posted:

I'm still really surprised the Hecate performed so badly though.

Generally speaking, trying to shoot things with a hecate that isn't max gunnery skills + tactical destroyer V is going to make it suck.

quote:

Gallente Tactical Destroyer Bonuses Per Level:
3% bonus to Small Hybrid Turret rate of fire
7.5% bonus to Small Hybrid Turret tracking speed
5% reduction module in heat damage amount taken

If they're in propulsion mode especially while trying to shoot you, they're realistically not going to be able to track you for poo poo unless they have Gallente Tactical Destroyer V.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
I scored a free megathron today.

I was hanging out in a C3 wormhole that I found in my low sec hood. Shout out to my goon bros that live in the neighborhood. Watching the other connections in the C3, and a megathron comes in from the null sec connection. I asked the guy if he's rolling it, and he said yes. I told him I won't bother him, and I've been watching the other connections with my alts so I think nobody else is in the C3.

So he proceeds to roll the hole, and I'm watching him go back and forth while I'm on a call for work. He eventually gets trapped in the C3, and I see his megathron on dscan, so I message him to ask if he needs help getting out. He said he already self destructed his pod, but thanks anyway. Not sure why he left his megathron, but I probed it down and took it home.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

quote:

(goons) brought all their poo poo, up to titans, here to clear out everything in/around our stagings a while back
(goons) can do it again. clearly they don't want to or there is some kind of agreement in place for them not to.
so we just feed into ihubs for the next two years until the shoe drop somewhere.

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

Where’s this quote from?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

someone in BARVE. I couldn't decide what was dumber: the insinuation that Asher should yeet his coalition's entire super fleet to Fade whenever FART and PHORDE toast our sov, or that there is some super secret agreement for that *not* to happen. My suggestion that Jinx and SFC should just fold B2 into Imperium because that was essentially what was being asked didn't go down well

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

someone in BARVE. I couldn't decide what was dumber: the insinuation that Asher should yeet his coalition's entire super fleet to Fade whenever FART and PHORDE toast our sov, or that there is some super secret agreement for that *not* to happen. My suggestion that Jinx and SFC should just fold B2 into Imperium because that was essentially what was being asked didn't go down well

i think b2/b3/whatever should uproot everything and move into querious so that we can have an uncontested keepstar chain from drones ending with a hostile keepstar in t5zi and e-v :hmmyes:

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Obviously if they don’t do this extremely stupid thing purely for our benefit then they must be doing secret deals!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think some people in the coalition are just getting very fatigued at almost constant CTA pings and just wish FART and PHORDE would gently caress off and take on someone their own size like GEWNS. But the fact that FART have only taken two iHubs in almost a year is badge of honour

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

simply come to low sec

if it sucks hit da bricks

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I'd like to dabble in faction warfare, but gently caress me there are no coherent guides that just say how it works. But then again, there are no coherent guides for how anything in this stupid game works

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Fw how it works

Find front line system controlled by the bad guys

Go to appropriate plex for your ship class

Shoot npc.

Either people turn up-> shoot them

Or people don't-> get paid in when timer runs out

The whole thing exists to try and push people together so they can shoot each other

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
AJI?

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I kinda wanna do FW but I don't want to train an alt, don't want to lose standings to some empire, and especially don't want to watch for hostile militia members in all of highsec. I guess I could sort of deal with these things since I spend most of my time in lowsec anyway, but they just pile so many obstacles in front of it. I'll probably never touch the pirate FW stuff for the same reason. It's kinda sad.

Something something mercenary contract limited to CONCORD-approved warzones with consequences limited to these areas, just do something like this.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Elukka posted:

I kinda wanna do FW but I don't want to train an alt, don't want to lose standings to some empire, and especially don't want to watch for hostile militia members in all of highsec. I guess I could sort of deal with these things since I spend most of my time in lowsec anyway, but they just pile so many obstacles in front of it. I'll probably never touch the pirate FW stuff for the same reason. It's kinda sad.

Something something mercenary contract limited to CONCORD-approved warzones with consequences limited to these areas, just do something like this.

Couldn't you just throw out a cheap alpha? There's not exactly a huge barrier to entry in FW

also I think Havoc was supposed to make FW more accessible, but I haven't stayed up on track with that since they announced the new Angel-ships and I've spend all my EVE-time looking at them

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Libluini posted:

Couldn't you just throw out a cheap alpha? There's not exactly a huge barrier to entry in FW

also I think Havoc was supposed to make FW more accessible, but I haven't stayed up on track with that since they announced the new Angel-ships and I've spend all my EVE-time looking at them
Yeah, but then you're limited to very basic ships with very basic skills and I'm gonna have more fun doing other stuff with a bigger box of toys on my main. It's why I don't wanna go the alt route. It's either a lot of time, isk or money to train one up.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Elukka posted:

Yeah, but then you're limited to very basic ships with very basic skills and I'm gonna have more fun doing other stuff with a bigger box of toys on my main. It's why I don't wanna go the alt route. It's either a lot of time, isk or money to train one up.

You may be surprised, you can even use Navy ships and some T2-weapons now on alphas.

But I understand, no-one can do everything, at some point you need to cut something loose. I made a FW-alt years ago, but I never have the time to actually use that pilot. Though I guess if I ever do have the time, the pilot is now there.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Oh I know alphas can access a lot of stuff, but you're pretty gimped on 1.5 mil sp or whatever compared to a properly established character.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
I will be happy when you can trade or even sell Evermarks/Paragon LP. My alt account(s) have tons (login/event rewards/etc), but I don’t put SKINs/emblems on their ships like I do my main.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Elukka posted:

Oh I know alphas can access a lot of stuff, but you're pretty gimped on 1.5 mil sp or whatever compared to a properly established character.

It's 5m, or 6m if you save your referral bonus.

Also if you never start one you'll never have one takes only a few mins to make the account and set the skill queue if you never touch it again not much lost

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

It's 5m, or 6m if you save your referral bonus.

Also if you never start one you'll never have one takes only a few mins to make the account and set the skill queue if you never touch it again not much lost

Mind you, that only means the queue stops working. You can put skill points from other sources (like alpha injectors, or log-in bonuses) in until you are above 20+ million sp.

(I guess CCP really wants you to eventually go "aww gently caress it, I put all this time and effort into this character, let's just cut the bullshit and make this a paying account" :v: )

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Libluini posted:

(like alpha injectors, or log-in bonuses)

Btw don’t use alpha injectors, if you’re using them daily it’s better to just plex omega, it’s not worth it.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

floppyspud posted:

Btw don’t use alpha injectors, if you’re using them daily it’s better to just plex omega, it’s not worth it.

But if you just need some random 120k instead of all the sp, alpha injectors are cheaper than a month of subscription fees. As long as you’re just topping off a skill for an Alpha they’re great (I say this as my home defense Alpha has 20M sp, including every single Alpha skill possible).

Edit:

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Oct 29, 2023

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
If you are interested in FW and EUTZ, Amarr run publicly open cheap roams on a near daily basis.
Either roll an alt or directly enlist, then ask for the militia discord link to get pings.

They p much end up messing around on minmil staging undock and fight whatever comes out of it most of the time, it's good fun and no one cares who is coming or going if you dont like CTA pings

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

DerekSmartymans posted:

But if you just need some random 120k instead of all the sp, alpha injectors are cheaper than a month of subscription fees. As long as you’re just topping off a skill for an Alpha they’re great (I say this as my home defense Alpha has 20M sp, including every single Alpha skill possible).

Edit:

Yes, but if you’re gonna start using them daily it’s a big waste of money, which is exactly what I said before. About 1.8 bil per month for daily injectors, whereas omega is like 2.2 or something, where you will get more sp and all the other benefits.

How much money did you spend on injectors for that character and how often do you use it? Lol

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

floppyspud posted:

Yes, but if you’re gonna start using them daily it’s a big waste of money, which is exactly what I said before. About 1.8 bil per month for daily injectors, whereas omega is like 2.2 or something, where you will get more sp and all the other benefits.

How much money did you spend on injectors for that character and how often do you use it? Lol

Everything is free if you SRP fraud enough!

This message brought to you by: the <GEESE> director of SRP

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

floppyspud posted:

Oh, absolutely it’s sub-optimal to use DAIs, at least compared to a simple always-running skill gain from subscribing. I wasn’t arguing that they’re “good,” more just “have their uses.” I used maybe only 6 (?) Daily Alpha Injectors, but after training the HD-alt skills I let the account lapse into an Alpha state. After it’d been Alpha for a month, but still claiming login rewards every day, CCP started sending emails (daily/weekly) and I was able to snag a 90 day sub for waaaay less than the normal price. Once he got to 9M sp, it sorta became a “project” character, where he would get all of the skills an Alpha was allowed. He trained with a full set of Basic (+3) implants. I know it was sorta silly, but the money I spent was just leftovers from the monthly entertainment budget. Once he got all the Alpha skills the “project” was over and he’s just a kickass Alpha pilot now 😇.

I’m pretty sure I only ever used 6 out of 10 NES Alpha injectors, btw, because I split the remaining 4 between two month-to-month subbed Omega accounts. If you’re on the ball about when your chars are going to lapse into Alpha, but plan on keeping them Omega, you can: 1) lapse to Alpha, 2) inject 50k sp via DAI, 3) immediately re-sub to Omega to continue training. I don’t continually do this, but I know I used the process 2x on both of my Omega alts. Turns out if you let your cash-subbed (I’m referring to paying by month via credit card instead of PLEX) get anywhere near running out Omega time CCP sends you pretty good deals via email like clockwork. I realize it’s goofy, and I probably should have spent the money on PLEX, Omega, or even training sp bundles for my main (or not spend the money, wtf?), but like I said it was just like paying to play a “Number Go Up” idle game. Anyway he’s on 19.9M sp and even has a few non-Alpha skills like the first II for PI and like Gallente Hauler III since the exact timing of Omega time ran a small bit longer than all the Alpha skills took to train!

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
nice meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

built someone a thanatos, rigs, fighters and fuel for 3.8b, and they've put the whole lot back up for sale at 3.7b. Because of course they have