Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Scallop Eyes posted:

What makes me curious is how can Comedy Man actually win though, since all we've seen him do is negate attacks, can he even inflict damage?

yeah I'm interested to know if he can actually hurt Kenjaku, or is he just supposed to stall and stymie him long enough for the Sukuna Suppression Squad to finish their job (or get finished idk) and mop Kenjaku up as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

goated chapter, gently caress the haters jujutsu is fuckin BACK BABY AWOOOOO

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 27, 2023

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Scallop Eyes posted:

Nah, Kenjaku is engaging with Takaba's technique's rules, instead of just saying "Nuh uh". It also being used to give Takaba some reason to introspect is way more development than anything that happened around AFO in his current battle.

What makes me curious is how can Comedy Man actually win though, since all we've seen him do is negate attacks, can he even inflict damage?

He should be able to inflict damage as long as he thinks it’s funny.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
He freaking drop-kicked Hazenoki. And followed up with 1,000 years of pain

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I am more emotionally involved in this fight than any other fight in the series tbh

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
we're so back baby

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
In hindsight Kenjaku being a comedy nerd was a pretty guessable reveal

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
have to wonder how sukuna would have fared against this

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

What's Kenjaku's favorite season of SNL?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Oxxidation posted:

have to wonder how sukuna would have fared against this
Sukuna reveals he once mastered comedy because he felt like it. Takaba has a very serious chapter-long monologue about what it means to be the funniest and accepts death.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Sindai posted:

Sukuna reveals he once mastered comedy because he felt like it. Takaba has a very serious chapter-long monologue about what it means to be the funniest and accepts death.

“mahoraga has adapted to manzai”

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://cubari.moe/read/gist/cmF3L0pKS3ZhdWx0L0pKSy1jaGFwdGVycy9tYXN0ZXIvSkpLLmpzb24/240/1/

Here's an alternative translation of 240 from the Shishiso TL group, comprised of ex-TCB members. They include a lot of translation notes in their releases. You must set the viewer to single-page mode and open the sidebar to see most of the notes.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

yum posted:

https://cubari.moe/read/gist/cmF3L0pKS3ZhdWx0L0pKSy1jaGFwdGVycy9tYXN0ZXIvSkpLLmpzb24/240/1/

Here's an alternative translation of 240 from the Shishiso TL group, comprised of ex-TCB members. They include a lot of translation notes in their releases. You must set the viewer to single-page mode and open the sidebar to see most of the notes.

This trans was great with the notes especially.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
best manga ever

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm ready for Takaba to transcend humor and defeat Kenjaku with memes

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
takaba’s gonna awaken when he realizes it doesn’t matter if anyone finds him funny. HE finds him funny. throughout heaven and earth he alone is the hilarious one

TheHan fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 27, 2023

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah I think there must be something else going on or else the main cast seriously sent a man on a suicide mission for nothing.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

sending him on a suicide mission for no reason would be funny, which definitionally would make it not a suicide mission. Paradoxical.....

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

sending him on a suicide mission for no reason would be funny, which definitionally would make it not a suicide mission. Paradoxical.....

Nah. It resolves in that sending a guy on a pointless suicide mission you know he'll survive just for kicks is still funny.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TheHan posted:

takaba’s gonna awaken when he realizes it doesn’t matter if anyone finds him funny. HE finds him funny. throughout heavy and earth he alone is the hilarious one

I'm sincerely hoping this happens, down to the pose and line and everything. Poke fun at yourself more, series.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Pierson posted:

Yeah I think there must be something else going on or else the main cast seriously sent a man on a suicide mission for nothing.

we shoulda got a scene of them all hyping up how funny they think takaba is as they convince him to throw his life away.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

*Crossing fingers* Please please please Takaba DOMAIN EXPANSION: BATSU GAME and make kenjaku try to stay quiet in a library while Downtown does antics all around him

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
It'd be really funny if this fight ended with them becoming friends over their shared interest in comedy as an art and completely forgetting about the culling game.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Nuebot posted:

It'd be really funny if this fight ended with them becoming friends over their shared interest in comedy as an art and completely forgetting about the culling game.

“Wouldn’t it be funny if the culling games ended lol” and then the sky opens up and the tengen merger begins

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1018881

Official is out

Some minor parts of the TL seemed spotty, but I liked the Yugioh localization much better.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Takaba seems to be the type of comedian that thinks he’s funny, but won’t admit that he’s not one that others find funny. It goes well with jujutsu’s whole idea of having a strong self-identity/not being beholden to others. Rather than writing jokes to suit the audience, you can be successful by doing your own thing and being so self-confident/charismatic that the audience goes along with you. Essentially imposing your will onto others, rather than bend to meet their demands. No wonder Takaba’s CT involves warping reality.

But the difference between comedy, sumo, or manga and jujutsu is that the former fundamentally requires engagement and forming some sort of understanding with other people (the sword guy connects with swords I guess, he’s a weirdo). It points towards jujutsu itself being the problem!!

Caros
May 14, 2008

Pierson posted:

I mean, what are the odds that kenjaku is familiar enough with the local Japanese comedy scene to instill doubt.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
This manga is peak weird power fighting which is what I want out of my battle manga. HXH and Jojo would be proud.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Yeah, when wizards are fighting poo poo should get weird

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

yum posted:

Takaba seems to be the type of comedian that thinks he’s funny, but won’t admit that he’s not one that others find funny. It goes well with jujutsu’s whole idea of having a strong self-identity/not being beholden to others. Rather than writing jokes to suit the audience, you can be successful by doing your own thing and being so self-confident/charismatic that the audience goes along with you. Essentially imposing your will onto others, rather than bend to meet their demands. No wonder Takaba’s CT involves warping reality.

But the difference between comedy, sumo, or manga and jujutsu is that the former fundamentally requires engagement and forming some sort of understanding with other people (the sword guy connects with swords I guess, he’s a weirdo). It points towards jujutsu itself being the problem!!

I like that jjk stayed committed to its power system being lovely and life ruining. gojo was right when he said nobody in their right mind would want to be a sorcerer.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Apocron posted:

This manga is peak weird power fighting which is what I want out of my battle manga. HXH and Jojo would be proud.

While still having some of the best actual fight panels and drawings. It’s fun seeing real martial arts techniques being drawn into the story as an explicit part of the world building.

You know what’s better than weird powers? Weird powers AND Kung fu.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I loved this chapter lol. I really like this Kenjaku fight a lot more than the Yuki one. It feels suitable that a guy who's been planning stuff for 100s of years is really good at countering conceptual techniques because he's been around so long and seen so much. Instead of just feeling like "wow good thing her ult as a gravity attack and I still have that anti-gravity ability". It's also just a really cool chapter imo and as someone else said one of the singularly best chapters in a while. Just a lot of cool imagery and ideas imo as well as a fun set-up.

I saw the Bandit Keith Kenjaku randomly on my timeline despite trying to mute every JJK keyword to avoid spoilers but just assumed it was a really funny edit lol.

yum posted:

sounds like he needs some hypemen…. where’s the Kappa guy and sword guy when you need them!!

Kappa and Sword powering up Takaba from the sidelines

lol

MonsterEnvy posted:

He should be able to inflict damage as long as he thinks it’s funny.

Desperately need Kenjaku to try and kiss a lit TNT dressed up as a hot babe or to run into a tunnel drawn on a wall

Oxxidation posted:

Mahoraga and Sukuna perfectly doing the Abbott and Costello who's on first routine

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I liked this recent chapter a lot. Alright leaving this thread now so you can go back to discussing Korean speed scans. See you next Sunday.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Don't count out Takaba yet! The very last line indicates we're going to get a flashback, and that's a pretty good sign of a comeback unless your name is Nobara

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

the very fact this chapter is an its so over chapter for takaba means we're so loving back this week.

I expect Takaba to gag manga the poo poo out of kenjaku

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jerkface posted:

the very fact this chapter is an its so over chapter for takaba means we're so loving back this week.

I expect Takaba to gag manga the poo poo out of kenjaku

Here's hoping :cheers:

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Oxxidation posted:

Mahoraga starts making the funniest jokes known to man

Pierson posted:

Stalling Kenjaku enough to beat Sukuna and then provide reinforcement to finish Kenjaku can be an important objective as well

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Flair posted:

Mahoraga starts making the funniest jokes known to man

Like Gojo Takaba’s ability will take time for Mahoraga to adjust to so it’s first few attempts will all be :thejoke:

I don’t think Takaba is finished this week at all. His memories of why he became a performer will reaffirm him. Not sure how the fight will reconcile if he does immunise himself from Critic Kenjaku. I don’t see him winning but hopefully there’ll be a satisfying resolution.

It’d be very funny for next weeks chapter to open up on Kenjaku in the airport.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
mahoraga is dead right? like part of the problem with 10 shadows or whatever is they're actually killable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jose posted:

mahoraga is dead right? like part of the problem with 10 shadows or whatever is they're actually killable?

Mahoraga is almost certainly nuked. There is a small chance Sukuna dismissed it before it got eradicated. We did see the Dharma wheel disintegrate so Mahoraga's adaption ability is definitely gone.

The Ten Shadows can all be destroyed but their power remains available to the user. That's why when one of the Wolves was annihilated Megumi could resummon it merged with the other as a super wolf. That's what the Totality aspect of the ability is. It's the same thing Sukuna used to create Agito out of a bunch of the shadows. The real loss when a Shadow is destroyed is the flexibility the technique has with multiple summons is reduced.

I assume Maharaga could still be summoned as part of a combination using Totality. However he does seem a somewhat special case so I'm not sure how easy it would be to do that or you could guarantee he kept the adaption ability. The wheel being independently summoned also implies imo it may be a separate tool that is now permanently gone.

We also don't know how long it takes for the power of a destroyed Shadow to be usable for Totality or even if Totality can be done off the cuff. Sukuna summons Agito without warning but we don't know if he did that on the fly or if he prepared it during the month after Gojo's return. My feeling is the shadows are off the table unless Megumi comes back.

The exception to destroyed shadows are combination shadows that are not Totality. Totality is a permanent merging of shadows that can't be undone. Megumi's combination Frog and Nue aren't official shadows so it doesn't matter how many get destroyed they don't count as destroying Nue or Frog.