Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

10!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Canucks now have more goals in this game than San Jose has scored up until this point in the season.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Like, I'm pretty sure most AHL teams would have a better record through 10 games than the Sharks do. And sure, their schedule has been a murderers row of really good teams, but they're also insaaaanely bad

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
the other very funny thing about this is Vancouver management is 100% going to think this is an indication that they've turned a corner and that the team is legit now

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

This Sharks team is legitimately the worst hockey team I have ever seen

Padme posted:

you mean NHL hockey team, right?

Padme posted:

you mean the worst NHL hockey team, right?

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Relegate the sharks to the AHL and bring up whichever team is in 1st at the time.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Jamwad Hilder posted:

the other very funny thing about this is Vancouver management is 100% going to think this is an indication that they've turned a corner and that the team is legit now

we're winnin the cup baby

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
for the sake of our Sharks fan friends here, I do hope they at least get the first or second overall pick out of all this. Gonna be a long rear end year.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

.Spec posted:

Relegate the sharks to the SPHL and bring up whichever team is in 1st at the time.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

lmao, what a slaughter.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

as loathe as I am to give any credit to Canucks management, it's been a genuinely encouraging start. They've been the better team in most of their wins and been close in their losses, it's not as if Demko or PDO caused a putrid team to have a random hot streak.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
yeah it's tough to watch, the Sharks were such an amazing team for such a long time.. they chose to go with the tear down strategy where anything that wasn't on a toxic contract was shipped out (or is going to be shipped out) so this is what they reap :(

**except for Hertl of course.. he must have done something horrible in a previous life to be consigned to playing through this rebuild during the prime of his career..

grack
Jan 10, 2012

This is the laziest game I've seen from Quinn Hughes in a long-rear end time and he has 5 points.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

aw, boo.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

grack posted:

This is the laziest game I've seen from Quinn Hughes in a long-rear end time and he has 5 points.

Given the quality of opposition has meant that on atleast one occasion I mistook Friedman for Hughes.

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Former Sheriff of Balboa County

Jamwad Hilder posted:

for the sake of our Sharks fan friends here, I do hope they at least get the first or second overall pick out of all this. Gonna be a long rear end year.
Not that long! By following my 3 goal lead and turn the TV off rule, I only had to watch 8 minutes of this. It's a bit bs that the worst team only has a 25% chance at the #1 pick though, I'm going to revive this post when CHI is gifted Celebrini

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

fisting by many posted:

as loathe as I am to give any credit to Canucks management, it's been a genuinely encouraging start. They've been the better team in most of their wins and been close in their losses, it's not as if Demko or PDO caused a putrid team to have a random hot streak.

I can believe they're a little better than last year, but their underlying numbers are not great. In all situations they've been expected to have 48.4% of the goals, but their actual goals for is 63.16% (not counting tonight). They are getting outshot most of the time. They have the highest PDO in the league. It's definitely a good start, no denying that, I'm just saying that Vancouver management would be wise to wait another 10-15 games before they make any big decisions. If I was a Canucks fan I'd be worried about the chatter that's been going around about them saying they want to bring impact players in.

Keith Mars posted:

Not that long! By following my 3 goal lead and turn the TV off rule, I only had to watch 8 minutes of this. It's a bit bs that the worst team only has a 25% chance at the #1 pick though, I'm going to revive this post when CHI is gifted Celebrini

Yeah I think that kinda sucks too but at least the worst they could pick is third. Celebrini is a great prospect especially because he's a center, but Eiserman and Silayev look like really good players to build around too.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Nov 3, 2023

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Former Sheriff of Balboa County

Kale posted:

This seems like one of those games that get coaches fired or put on immediate notice, though I would have to think Quinn's been on notice for a while. There's several teams that you could argue are rebuilding and aren't quite this outright disastrous. San Jose has some quality players, they shouldn't be just utterly incapable game in game out.
Nah Quinn'ers a good friend of Grier and he knows the assignment, he was hired to see the tank through. Can't imagine Grier would throw him under the bus. SJ has some quality players? Outside of Hertl, I'm curious who those are.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Jamwad Hilder posted:

If I was a Canucks fan I'd be worried about the chatter that's been going around about them saying they want to bring impact players in.

Yeah but they've been making stupid moves for ten years. Now they're making stupid moves and winning.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Keith Mars posted:

Nah Quinn'ers a good friend of Grier and he knows the assignment, he was hired to see the tank through. Can't imagine Grier would throw him under the bus. SJ has some quality players? Outside of Hertl, I'm curious who those are.

Duclair should be better than this. Bordeleau and Eklund are good prospects. Zetterlund is maybe starting to age out of "prospect" territory but he's got some upside. I think that's about it. It's a pretty dire roster IMO.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Duclair should be better than this. Bordeleau and Eklund are good prospects. Zetterlund is maybe starting to age out of "prospect" territory but he's got some upside. I think that's about it. It's a pretty dire roster IMO.

We also have this slightly aged Logan Couture whom everyone forgets about because he's been recovering from injury and hasn't played yet this season.

Zetterlund turned 24 a couple of months ago and is probably out of 'prospect' territory by any reasonable measure. If he doesn't do something this season, likely it's just not gonna happen for him. Possibly if he had stayed in NJ and had an opportunity to play with their talent he'd have developed differently.

This I think is also a big part of the challenge for Eklund and Bordeleau - these are young dudes with skill, but they're playing alongside utter trash and within a system (from coach to development personnel) that is at absolute best sub-optimal for player development.There is a terminal lack of role models in the organization when it comes to demonstrating a high-end game at the NHL level.

Alas, Hertl and the spirit of Couture notwithstanding, the Sharks' best players are currently in Jrs lol.

e: this is actually my biggest concern with the rebuild. From what I've seen, I think Grier is going to do just fine drafting talent into the organization. But I'm curious how he'll address their development once they hit the bigs.

Habibi fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 3, 2023

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Looks like the Sabres still suck

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
The Predators have caught on to the "play the backup and win" strategy vs the Oilers

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Does that also include 'shoot near Campbell and reap rewards' ?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Loilers

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Interfering with Tom Sesstito....who is still in the league somehow? Ok then.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Whistle fest now. Oilers taking too much mans. Just lol.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
You beat me to it already

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

LMAO I loving love the Oilers.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Bwaaahahahahahahaha Nashville scored twice on the same play and I think they're both O'Reilly's so hat trick either way

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Marner good again, Bertuzzi and Kampf not so much.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Sabres had some highs and lows in that period. JJ Peterka is awesome, so glad to see him kicking rear end this season.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I am very pleased to see zemgus girgensons is still playing and has earned the A in buffalo

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

ilmucche posted:

I am very pleased to see zemgus girgensons is still playing and has earned the A in buffalo

He’s the longest-tenured Sabre currently! On his fifth coach and third GM iirc haha

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Greasy Vesey with a very greasy goal

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

WeaponX posted:

Greasy Vesey with a very greasy goal

was waiting for another ref screw job but it worked out!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I love the silver helms the kings have lol

Also fiala nearly had that, jesus Philly

Kale
May 14, 2010

Yes finally Slaf potted one

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Panarin ya fookin animal

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008