Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

mihawk
kuma
blackbeard
hancock
doflamingo
jinbei
crocodile
law
moria
buggy

not sure where to put weevil but this is my personal ranking of the warlords based on martial prowess

Is this based on when they were in the warlords or at current time bc awakened fruit law should DEFINITELY be over croc and jimbei, maybe even doflamingo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I too have opinions on the extremely consistent power depiction of Sir Crocodile

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mabels big day posted:

Is this based on when they were in the warlords or at current time bc awakened fruit law should DEFINITELY be over croc and jimbei, maybe even doflamingo

current. i think law jobs to all three in a 1v1

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Was Croc awakened in Alabasta? He could turn things into sand so I think he might be

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Croc is probably going to be stronger than all the previous big villains in his next appearance, as he seems to be planned as one of the big bosses in the Final Saga.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
croc is cooler than law and therefore more powerful

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
other advantages: not currently dead

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

Thats crazy but u do u

Edit yes croc could be stronger but we need to see some current abilities to judge since hes been so wildly inconsistent pre-timeskip

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Violen posted:

other advantages: not currently dead
Bepo's got it handled

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Him and Mihawk seem to be portrayed as equals, so I am guessing that’s what they are going to be portrayed power wise as well.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Him and Mihawk seem to be portrayed as equals, so I am guessing that’s what they are going to be portrayed power wise as well.

Not really. Mihawk doesn't have Crocodile's or Buggy's organizational talents; he's only good at fighting. Crocodile can be much stronger than Buggy but notably weaker than Mihawk, while still being someone whose talents Mihawk respects.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
law would lose to them because law is loser. thats just how it would go sorry

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I've always said people sleep on Hancock, the problem is Oda never really showed her fights but she is for sure strong.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Okay but

Mihawk is the strongest swordsman in the world

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Anyway as far as the chapter goes I'm on board with Bonney being a clone of Ginny. Kuma seemed very resistent to the idea of having a biological child with Ginny since he didn't want them to suffer the same fate as he did. Also, in 1072 when we first get introduced to Stussy as a clone, the chapter starts with a quote from Vegapunk when he was head of MADS about the success of the cloning project, and on the same page we see Bonney and Vegapunk interacting. Oda likes to hint at things being related by proximity to each other in chapters, so I think this speech might have been meant about Bonney as well. I don't know how the timeline works as far as when MADS was dissolved, so I don't know if that quote is literally reffering to Stussy or Bonney, but I think the meaning of it is meant for both. in fact, cloning Ginny (who i assume will die next chapter) is probably how Kuma cooperated with Vegapunk/the WG.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Hell I'll say it. Buggy is strong

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Guy A. Person posted:

Hell I'll say it. Buggy is strong

I also think this and also he is immune to shanks' haki since he doesnt respect him

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I've said it before but Luffy getting in Whitebeard's face while everybody goes :aaa: and Buggy getting in Shanks' face while his followers went :worship: were absolute highlights of Marineford.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1A3TJhs7L4&t=42s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkBaoQ3u7fM&t=20s

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 4, 2023

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

Law beat Big Mom.

He did it with Kid's help, but If Law is that much of a chump to you, how strong do you think Kid is?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Eiba posted:

Law beat Big Mom.

He did it with Kid's help, but If Law is that much of a chump to you, how strong do you think Kid is?

i call em like i see em

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They call him Craptain Mid for a reason

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Useless "Craptain" Mid

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
you know, oars kinda has the buccaneer body shape just on a bigger order of magnitude

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
what if luffy is a clone of dragon

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I think it's meant to be a theme of the New World that all the Supernovas have hit their limits:

Law and Kid were able to beat one Emperor while combining forces and with help from others but both got wiped as soon as they tried to face one on their own

Hawkins, Bege, Drake, and Apoo got outclassed by an Emperor and only survived by swearing loyalty to them, thus abandoning their own ambitions (though Drake seemingly was just working undercover so maybe he didn't really lose?)

Urouge barely defeated an Emperor's 4th strongest henchman and came out of it so banged up he's basically out of the series

Bonney didn't even make it to the time skip before having her crew wiped by a (Future) Emperor

None of which makes them irrelevant to the story but I think it's meant to be a sign that like, we're at the point where only the cream of the crop are in the running for One Piece.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Drakkel posted:

we're at the point where only the cream of the crop are in the running for One Piece.

That's right, you gotta be at the very least on the level of Buggy the Clown if you want to play with the big boys :hmmyes:

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

hatty posted:

They call him Craptain Mid for a reason
Well gosh, if both Law and Kid are mediocre, what happened to Big Mom? Fell down the stairs?

Drakkel posted:

Hawkins, Bege, Drake, and Apoo got outclassed by an Emperor and only survived by swearing loyalty to them, thus abandoning their own ambitions (though Drake seemingly was just working undercover so maybe he didn't really lose?)
I'd put Bege in the same category as Drake- swallowing his pride for an ulterior motive.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Eiba posted:

Well gosh, if both Law and Kid are mediocre, what happened to Big Mom? Fell down the stairs?

More like Big Talk

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

That's right, you gotta be at the very least on the level of Buggy the Clown if you want to play with the big boys :hmmyes:

I think you mean Buggy the Genius Jester

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Big Mom lost on her own turf to Nami, Chopper, Brook and Jinbe. The weakest 4 members of the Straw Hats.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Drakkel posted:

I think it's meant to be a theme of the New World that all the Supernovas have hit their limits:

Law and Kid were able to beat one Emperor while combining forces and with help from others but both got wiped as soon as they tried to face one on their own

Urouge barely defeated an Emperor's 4th strongest henchman and came out of it so banged up he's basically out of the series

Bonney didn't even make it to the time skip before having her crew wiped by a (Future) Emperor

None of which makes them irrelevant to the story but I think it's meant to be a sign that like, we're at the point where only the cream of the crop are in the running for One Piece.

They had a two-year head start over Luffy, so at the Straw Hat’s pace it would have begged some questions if they hadn’t stagnated by the time he caught up. Was Luffy the only one still actively seeking the One Piece, before he barged through the balance of powers and woke everyone else up?

It’s very tidy how much stigma seems to be attached to turning back while on the Grand Line. Pirates end up settling wherever they had to tap out on their quest, and so we have a natural progression of increasingly powerful enemies, as befits a shonen battle manga.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Eiba posted:

Fell down the stairs?

In a way, kinda

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

More like Big Talk

No that's Big News' brother on the radio.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Gologle posted:

I've always said people sleep on Hancock, the problem is Oda never really showed her fights but she is for sure strong.

I dont think she's lost or even struggled in any fight she's been in

e: oh I guess she got grabbed by blackbeard after wiping the crew he brought and the marines.

Kild fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 4, 2023

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Kild posted:

I dont think she's lost or even struggled in any fight she's been in

The only time Hancock's ever been in any real peril in a fight was against Blackbeard, whose whole deal is he can instantly grab and shut down any devil fruit user he comes up against.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Luffy is Garp's grandpa

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Interesting thought that popped in my head. What if Garp gets a public execution by the BB pirates to mirror Ace's public execution to get us into the New World Marineford?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Love it. Let's wait and see. 😉

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Kild posted:

Interesting thought that popped in my head. What if Garp gets a public execution by the BB pirates to mirror Ace's public execution to get us into the New World Marineford?
An interesting thought! That would put Luffy on the same side as the Navy, which could be interesting. He'd get to team up with Coby.

It would be interesting to see how it would be made clear that Garp is in trouble and needs help. That seems like it would be a difficult idea for Luffy to process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Eiba posted:

An interesting thought! That would put Luffy on the same side as the Navy, which could be interesting. He'd get to team up with Coby.

It would be interesting to see how it would be made clear that Garp is in trouble and needs help. That seems like it would be a difficult idea for Luffy to process.

This happens in some capacity for sure.

I want Garp to happily retire, but he is now the last of the old guard (main characters of God Valley) that's still jumping into battle. Would not surprise me if he gets a Whitebeard moment before sacrificing himself.