Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

hatty posted:

is Jesus Burger's name pronounced Jee-zus or Hey-zoos?

Jīzasu Bājesu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

hatty posted:

is Jesus Burger's name pronounced Jee-zus or Hey-zoos?

It's Jee-zus.

Which lead to the hilarious decision in like an early licensed game to localize it as "G. Zass" :v:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Geez Burgess

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Geez Burg rear end

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Jee-zus D. Hey-zoos

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Jesus H Burgess

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Who gets which ancient weapon for the final fight? Feels obvious that WG Luffy and Blackbeard end up having one each. WG has Uranus for sure, while Luffy has the only info on Pluton and Possieden. So does Blackbeard also have the power to tear down Wano's borders or does he somehow mind control Shirahoshi?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Luffy has Poseidon because he has to fulfill the promise to the Fishmen that Joy Boy broke.

And Blackbeard loving up Wano is a good excuse to bring Yamato back into the Armada

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 6, 2023

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3iOMywQqSU Burgess

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Sub Harrison posted:

Who gets which ancient weapon for the final fight? Feels obvious that WG Luffy and Blackbeard end up having one each. WG has Uranus for sure, while Luffy has the only info on Pluton and Possieden. So does Blackbeard also have the power to tear down Wano's borders or does he somehow mind control Shirahoshi?

Blackbeard , Blackbeard, and Blackbeard.
Or any combination of Blackbeard and the WG.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Who would win in a fight, Jesus Burger or Mr. Satan?

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
mr. satan: saved the planet TWICE by defeating cell and buu

burgess: uuuuhhhhhhh, he probably beat up some guards in impel down or whatever

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Jesus is a jobber.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Apocron posted:

I wonder what Oda's perspective on Jesus/Christianity is. Even from early days there's been references (Sodom/Gomorroah as names of Franky's King Bulls) or Kuma carrying a bible. Now Kuma is literally taking on the pain of others which is a Jesus parallel if ever there was one let alone him being a "pastor."

luffy is kuma's dad

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

BoosterDuck posted:

mr. satan: saved the planet TWICE by defeating cell and buu

burgess: uuuuhhhhhhh, he probably beat up some guards in impel down or whatever

He beat up some guys in the tournament arc, but yeah it kinda feels like he’s here to job since he got hosed up so badly by Sabo that he has to wear his luchador mask now.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Begemot posted:

It's Jee-zus.

Which lead to the hilarious decision in like an early licensed game to localize it as "G. Zass" :v:

the will of the G

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also in what is possibly the most boring fruit combination ever the strong man got the fruit that uhhhh makes him strong.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Gotta minmax your build

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
So Ginny was a captain for the Revolutionary Army’s eastern forces and was stationed on “a certain island.” I’m feeling confident that means she’s in the East Blue as of 14 years ago, but I’m wondering where exactly.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Pureauthor posted:

Also in what is possibly the most boring fruit combination ever the strong man got the fruit that uhhhh makes him strong.

while i do respect that some people in the one piece world should probably just have get what "makes sense", especially for people specifically targeting fruits to grow their crew and abilities, it would have been much funnier if jesus and doc accidentally mixed up their fruit so we got plague punches and this sick-rear end tired old dude who launches you to the moon if he happens to tap you

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Blackbeard crew themes are "the most boring fruit possible to each person" and "blatant copy of an already seen fruit".

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

While Jesus was kindof a letdown on Dressrosa I think both Van Augur and Lafitte achieved some pretty incredible feats in their respective support areas and could have a real impact on the plot if used cleverly.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Nikumatic posted:

sick-rear end tired old dude

Doc Q is 28 years old

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

YggdrasilTM posted:

Blackbeard crew themes are "the most boring fruit possible to each person" and "blatant copy of an already seen fruit".

Yeah and with Absalom => Shiryu there was me hoping they would be a boss rush of fruits we've already seen before but being used by scarier guys and gals. I still think Doc Q should have gotten Moria's fruit

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Bleck posted:

Doc Q is 28 years old

Average late millennial

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Wachter posted:

Yeah and with Absalom => Shiryu there was me hoping they would be a boss rush of fruits we've already seen before but being used by scarier guys and gals. I still think Doc Q should have gotten Moria's fruit

I'd much rather Moria come back and matter

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

YggdrasilTM posted:

Yeah, it feels very appropriate that on the one hand you have the Strawhat Crew being a mix of odd abilities, haki users and fighters with devil fruits that need a lot of skill and work to make strong vs the Blackbeard Pirates being a full crew of people with devil fruits that just enhance their already existing strengths or are just very straight-forwardly strong without having to try.

Just like how Blackbeard waited decades to do anything before he found the "strongest" fruit instead of spending that time taking something less immediately strong and making it work like Luffy did. It's very thematic that Luffy's rival would rely on brute force and shortcuts vs effort and skill. I'm not sure if BB has ever displayed Haki, it would be a neat detail if he just doesn't have the willpower needed for it and that's why he needed the Darkness fruit so much.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Nov 6, 2023

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Boring but reliable is absolutely Blackbeard's M.O. - fair fight against Whitebeard? Nah, let everyone else do the work then walk out and shoot him. Got a strong guy? Just give him the strong guy fruit, he's a busy man.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Blackbeard uses GameFAQs to find all the loot locations, look up boss fight exploits and min/max his party's stat builds. Luffy prefers to just play the game, have fun exploring the overworld and try poo poo out naturally.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Cat Machine posted:

Blackbeard uses GameFAQs to find all the loot locations, look up boss fight exploits and min/max his party's stat builds. Luffy prefers to just play the game, have fun exploring the overworld and try poo poo out naturally.

blackbeard is the guy in a fighting game who plays the most op character with the strongest combos

luffy button smashes and spams low kicks

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Luffy is Legend rank in SF6 but has never looked up frame data or read a wiki

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Nephthys posted:

Yeah, it feels very appropriate that on the one hand you have the Strawhat Crew being a mix of odd abilities, haki users and fighters with devil fruits that need a lot of skill and work to make strong vs the Blackbeard Pirates being a full crew of people with devil fruits that just enhance their already existing strengths or are just very straight-forwardly strong without having to try.

Just like how Blackbeard waited decades to do anything before he found the "strongest" fruit instead of spending that time taking something less immediately strong and making it work like Luffy did. It's very thematic that Luffy's rival would rely on brute force and shortcuts vs effort and skill. I'm not sure if BB has ever displayed Haki, it would be a neat detail if he just doesn't have the willpower needed for it and that's why he needed the Darkness fruit so much.

Wow I never thought of it and you'd think he must be able to use Haki to do things like beat Ace and generally be as strong as he is. With how essential Haki has been proven to be in order to be strong in a fight in One Piece, I'd certainly enjoy Blackbeard subverting that by having literally no Haki and just getting by on darkness Logia protection and being a cheating bastard.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Nephthys posted:

he uses armament in the boa fight vs the Mihawk Seraphim.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Blackbeard is possibly the most ambitious person in the series. A lifetime schemer that goes from zero to emperor all through events that he himself set in motion. Why would he not have haki?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
He gave Shanks a standard cool eye scar at the top of Red Hairs game "And It's not like I was careless or anything."

If Blackbeard was coasting by on sheer brute strength then he has way more of it then he's ever bothered to flaunt.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Caidin posted:

He gave Shanks a standard cool eye scar at the top of Red Hairs game "And It's not like I was careless or anything."

If Blackbeard was coasting by on sheer brute strength then he has way more of it then he's ever bothered to flaunt.
Yeah I think he's always tried to present himself as less dangerous than he is, but he's taken down a lot of impressive names when he's been forced to. He has a very specific plan in mind to reach his goal and attracting more attention than necessary would only make it harder.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Cat Machine posted:

Luffy is Legend rank in SF6 but has never looked up frame data or read a wiki

Luffy is like that furry guy in the competitive Fighting Game circuit that is just vibing, while everyone else seems mad that he’s winning while wearing a stupid wolf head.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Kild posted:

he uses armament in the boa fight vs the Mihawk Seraphim.

Yeah, Blackbeard is a confirmed Haki user now. Some people (including me) speculated that he wasn't because of his obsession with the Dark Dark Fruit (which has a fair amount of overlap in use cases with Color of Armaments) and his constantly getting hit and seemingly being caught off-guard (odd if he has Color of Observation).

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Silver2195 posted:

Yeah, Blackbeard is a confirmed Haki user now. Some people (including me) speculated that he wasn't because of his obsession with the Dark Dark Fruit (which has a fair amount of overlap in use cases with Color of Armaments) and his constantly getting hit and seemingly being caught off-guard (odd if he has Color of Observation).

That was just because those types of Haki did not exist at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Blackbeard exists to eat poo poo then immediately get up and hit back as hard and it's great.