Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Wtf just happened to the bruins goalie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I can’t believe Keefe put the Benoit-Lagesson pair on the ice with the fourth line and not only were they not immediately scored on but they drew a penalty

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Lmao they are the playing the Curb Your Enthusiasm music and showing replays of the Bruins goalie falling, here in the Dallas arena

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Do Benn and Marchand have beef or something? Benn seems angrier than normal lol

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Tavares is having a really bad game

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

That’s twice Nylander’s had the puck just barely brushed off his stick like a foot in front of an empty net

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Guy yelling shoooot is finally right about Nylander, mostly.

He also wants to put Reavo on more often though, so

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
The PBP guy on this Boston feed sounds like he's struggling for words. I don't remember it being this bad in years past.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jhet posted:

The PBP guy on this Boston feed sounds like he's struggling for words. I don't remember it being this bad in years past.

Is it Edwards? Cause that guy needed to retire yesterday. Great career but age comes for everyone

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Koopa Kid posted:

Is it Edwards? Cause that guy needed to retire yesterday. Great career but age comes for everyone

On NESN? I don't know. The color commentary guy is the one I remember. He's a homer, but he strings a full sentence together quickly enough that it's jarring to hear them talk next to each other.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah Robertson once again should’ve broken camp with the Leafs

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Let''s loving go Leafs!!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Wow I guess one bad goal deserves another cause Marner just floated that in

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Whoever is coaching the Leafs PK to be this aggressive needs to be relieved of that duty immediately

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
The Leafs need like 2.5 more TJ Brodies.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Is it bad that part of me wanted to see Spencer Martin go charging down the ice Patrick Roy style to throw hands with :cop:?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah that’s about the result I expect when William Lagesson is matched up against the Kucherov line, the state of the Leafs D makes this game even funnier

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Game’s been going the Leafs way in the second half so of course Keefe changes his lines? Benching Reaves is one thing but switching the guy who scored the go-ahead goal off of the line he did it with is wild.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
I'd like to applaud the Leafs for having the 2nd funniest sports ball game today.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:siren: Sexy Texy Does Thing! :siren:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I know the broadcast gave Klingberg poo poo for backing so far off the Lightning entry on goal 2 so I’d like to point out that every Leafs dman has been at the top of the circle or below before the Lightning cross the blue line. They did this in the playoffs too, it’s definitely intentional and not just a lol Klingberg thing

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Robertson's been good in the neutral zone. Never thought of him as someone with 200 ft game, but he's been good tonight. Have to remind myself that I've only seen him play as many games as Knies, just spread out over 4 years.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Lightning gooning it up when they’re losing late? :monocle:

Flocons de Jambon posted:

Robertson's been good in the neutral zone. Never thought of him as someone with 200 ft game, but he's been good tonight. Have to remind myself that I've only seen him play as many games as Knies, just spread out over 4 years.

His problem has always been keeping the energy up over longer stretches and not shattering into a million pieces the first time he takes a hard knock, he’s probably better above the puck than Knies is

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

lol that’s the most obvious interference play you could ever see, god the lightning are so unlikable

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Martin made 35 saves before finally giving one up because Provorov couldn't clear the zone.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Woof

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
lmao tuned in just in time to see the lightning tie it up

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

One day Keefe is going to realize that Kampf hasn’t been good in two years and stop putting him in high-leverage situations

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

If Woll started the game or the PK knew what they were doing this is probably a regulation win, but a point’s a point.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Koopa Kid posted:

One day Keefe is going to realize that Kampf hasn’t been good in two years and stop putting him in high-leverage situations

A coach realizing their security blanket favorite player in high leverage situations is actually bad in those situations isn't allowed.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Beautiful way to end it. Leafs good again. End the Samsonov experiment.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Wow I don’t think I’ve ever seen an easier OT winner, Willy just mesmerized the whole opposition

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Koopa Kid posted:

Wow I don’t think I’ve ever seen an easier OT winner, Willy just mesmerized the whole opposition

Seriously. That was the most dominant OT performance I've seen out of a team this season.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Propaganda Hour posted:

Seriously. That was the most dominant OT performance I've seen out of a team this season.

Tampa going for a deep forchecking press instead of waiting at their blue line seemed odd. Seemed certain to give up a high danger chance.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

My favourite part of that game was the guy a few rows back who went on about how he hated #19 on the Leafs, by far his least favourite player.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Propaganda Hour posted:

Matthews could have legit ended it like 5 seconds in (or Marner on the rebound) and they just didn't give it up.

Koopa Kid posted:

His problem has always been keeping the energy up over longer stretches and not shattering into a million pieces the first time he takes a hard knock, he’s probably better above the puck than Knies is

Yeah, if his bones didn't explode on contact he'd be great in the Zach Hyman Memorial get the loose puck to Mitch/Auston role as not knowing how to slow down is both his best and worst quality.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I think in terms of raw talent Robertson might still be tops in the Leafs prospect pool, he’s got the best shot of all of them and is underrated as a passer, reads plays well even defensively. His stature/durability/mentality are all conspiring to hold him back though.

Knies is showing kind of a Bunting-ish quality where he quickly reverts to Just a Guy status when he’s not around good playmakers. I kinda wonder if he’s still in that rookie mode of being overly deferential with the puck and only Matthews/Marner are consistent at giving it back to him in good spots.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jhet posted:

Something is absolutely up with him. It was pretty sudden too. Idk if he got covid and it messed him up or what but hes really bad now. Alot of people hated him before cause he was such a homer, but he was never at a loss for words like he is now.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Signs of life from the stars :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Lucky break the refs mistook Garlands elbow for a stick..

Wouldn’t want to give the refs a chance to call a make up.